[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you name one multicultural society that flourished prior

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 246
Thread images: 33

File: Jared_Diamond_crop.jpg (84KB, 475x515px) Image search: [Google]
Jared_Diamond_crop.jpg
84KB, 475x515px
Can you name one multicultural society that flourished prior to 1900?

From what I can see, "diversity" is actually bad and creates civil unrest, or at the very least turmoil and apathy. Meanwhile the 5th columnists excite and promote take over of government and revolts.

>bonus points: prove eskimoes killed vikings.
>>
Rome, the United States, etc.
>>
All large empires are multicultural
>>
>>2586559
Rome was destroyed because of multiculture. They put too much power in the hands of the foreign mercenaries.

>>2586567
Prove it. Aztecs and myans were multicultural? Japan? hmmmm
>>
>>2586567
All large empires/ multicultural nations have one ethnicity or people on top
>rome
>USA
>austria-hungary
>british empire
>USSR
all had many different cultures in them, all had one ethnicity or group of people on top
that's not really multiculturalism
it's a retarded and divisive concept in the modern times though
>>
>>2586559
Those were not multicultural societies.

Rome conquered and assimilated people into their culture. The U.S. was founded by pilgrims, puritans and migrants who believed in the Protestant work ethic.

Multiculturalism is when you have people with drastically different cultures and worldviews living in the same country. See Muslims in Europe. Nothing but disaster and conflict, it does not work.
>>
>>2586606
>See Muslims in Europe. Nothing but disaster and conflict, it does not work.

Actually mein bro I got to stop you there. Consisting the numbers of people involved, millions of people, there is no conflict or disaster.

What little violence there is happens to be magnified for effect.

Even if you had a terror attack every single day you would still only have 365 per year.

And 364 out of millions is statistically irrelevant.
>>
>>2586621
>This is your brain on leftism
>>
>>2586621
Don't get side-tracked please. Prove to us that most empires were multicultural. You have not done this yet.
>>
>>2586621
Muslims have a different vision and culture than the native Europeans have.

Muslims come to your country, and instead of assimilating like normal citizens, they don´t.
They want YOU to assimilate into THEIR culture. This is where the conflict is at.

Sweden, Netherlands, Belgium, France, Germany, look at any of the urban cities and you will have entire Muslim neighborhoods. The native Europeans don´t feel safe and don´t recognize their own country anymore.

The whole `Eurabia´ and `invading Mudslimes´ meme did not come out of thin air. This is national and cultural suicide, in favor of an invading group.

Multiculturalism is a fantasy. People are inherently tribal and stick to their own kind.
>>
>>2586567
"multicultural" =/= ruling over many cultures

Many of these had a culture or ethnic group
that viewed itself as superior and ruled over the others.
Modern "multiculturalism" is about all the cultures being equal within a society.
>>
File: language-map-china.jpg (112KB, 640x544px) Image search: [Google]
language-map-china.jpg
112KB, 640x544px
China
>>
>>2586645
>asians consist of different races

you are stretching the truth a bit.
>>
>>2586636
>Muslims come to your country, and instead of assimilating like normal citizens, they don´t.
Explain why muslims in western countries are much more liberal than those in the middle east then.
>>
>>2586650
There is a difference between multicultural and multiracial and you got USA example for the last one anyway.
>>
>>2586661
They aren't fully endorsed by sharia law and the government?

That's a stupid question.
>>
>>2586665
But as the other anon said, one race ruling over all the other races isn't really multiculture.
>>
>>2586661
They might not be practicing Muslims, but they still hold dearly to their Islamic 3rd world culture and traditions.
They do not love their host countries, they act like occupiers and invaders. They want to Islamize and change your culture to theirs. They despise the native Europeans.

Compare that to the Irish, Anglo, German, Italian, Chinese and Cuban migrants that came to the U.S. to become hard workers, good citizens and provide for their family.

Assimilation or get the fuck out.
>>
>>2586669
> real multiculturalism was never tried! XD
>>
>>2586559
>USA pre-1900
>multicultural
>>
>>2586681
You have failed to show how muslims being much more liberal in the west does not prove that they have assimilated to an extent. Unless you think they're all lying, but then if you think that you're unlikely to be convinced by any evidence.
>>
>>2586694
Is that your proof / argument?

If I enslaved a bunch of africans, you call that multiculture?
>>
>>2586705
Nobody was enslaved in China
> b-b-b-but one nation ruled over everyone!
Ruling class is always the minority, who cares.
>>
>>2586702
>use phones and modern technology
>leech off welfare
>crank out babies every 9 months
>``dude were totally assimilated now lmao´´
>>
>>2586724
Your point is noted and discarded, have a nice day.
>>
>>2586621
wow...
>>
Okay, dude, I'm not particularly pro-immigration and I freely admit that multicultural success stories are outnumbered by failures, but you are arguing like a jackass here.

People have named several examples, and you've either
1. Ignored them (Russian Empire)
2. Changed the goalposts to disqualify them (China doesn't count because it wasn't "multiracial" -- that wasn't your question now, was it? USA doesn't count because it wasn't *founded* as a multicultural society even though that's what it quite swiftly became)
3. Pulled straight-up bullshit out of your ass (although Romanization was a goal it's simply a fantasy to claim that they assimilated all their conquered peoples)

You've made it impossible to argue with you, not because you're right, but because you're not judging the examples against the criteria in the OP but against some pure imagined ideal in your head that of course has never actually existed. Anyone can play that game with anything they don't like, and sure it's satisfying and you can get people on your own side to cheer, but it proves nothing.

And again, I'm AGAINST multiculturalism.

That said, another historical example that (unlike the others) wasn't a huge empire -- although it's not a certainty because they kept no written records, Teotihuacan is generally thought to have been a multicultural city-state (like Singapore) and it was the most successful society in Precolumbian America.
>>
>>2586726
I'm talking about surveys of political opinions here. While muslims in the west are more conservative than general society, they are signifiantly more liberal than their counterparts in the middle east.
>>
>>2586740
Well then by your definition every society has been multicultural. I don't think I'm the one being intellectually dishonest here. We are talking modern open borders, mass migration multiculture here, which most certainly eliminated every empire / society it took place in.

Having multiple tribes and languages doesn't really do it for me. If I mix a bunch of irish and scottish together, that isn't multiculture since they are basically the same thing.
>>
>>2586567
This.

>>2586637
>"multicultural" =/= ruling over many cultures
That's wrong. If you means something else but "multicultural" then go ahead and use another term. If it's egalitarian you're thinking about there's no reason to not use that word instead.
>>
File: lvi3p.jpg (326KB, 865x640px) Image search: [Google]
lvi3p.jpg
326KB, 865x640px
Never before or even after world seen such religious or cultural tolerance.
>>
>>2586749
That does not change the fact that the vast majority of Muslims in the west refuse to assimilate and act like citizens of their host countries.
>>
>>2586750
> open borders, mass migration
Basically every nomadic society?
>>
>>2586759
Yes, when the vandals, barbarians and moors invaded rome and fucked it into oblivion, that was a multicultural success!

Please stop trolling.
>>
>>2586757
>presented with proof that the majority of muslims assimilate
>NUH-UH THE VOCAL MINORITY IS DEFINITELY THE MAJORITY OF MUSLIMS BECAUSE I SAY SO
>>
>>2586770
>the majority of muslims are honest hardworking people!

Lmao, fuck off senpai.
>>
>>2586763
But that's not multiculturalism, that's outright ethnocultural invasion and warfare.

A better example for an open border and mass migration culture using said tactics to strengthen their hand rather than imploding would be various iterations of Mongol/steppe nomad hordes.

Moreover, the same deal was happening in pre-complex Amazonia; the Tupi on a constant search for the Land without Evil, the Arawakan cultural-linguistic expansions, riverine Ge networks, probably with an Arakwakan complex culture for a wee bit sometime before 1000 BCE.
>>
>>2586772
> memes overs reals
is it what means to be alt right?
>>
>>2586770
>presented with proof
you made a claim, but showed no proof
>>
>>2586772
Every Muslim I work with is orders of magnitude more diligent, hard working, knowledgeable about domestic and international politics, and thankful to be here than his coddled unreflexive white upper middle class counterpart.
>>
>>2586750
>Having multiple tribes and languages doesn't really do it for me. If I mix a bunch of irish and scottish together, that isn't multiculture since they are basically the same thing.
"Multiple tribes and languages" coexisting together in one state is literally what multiculturalism is. And the differences between the various peoples who existed together (and still do in many cases) in the Roman Empire, in the 19th-early 20th century USA, in the Russian Empire, in China, in Teotihuacan, in many Indian empires and kingdoms, were far greater than the differences between Irish and Scottish people -- whether we're talking about Irish & Scottish 200 years ago or today.

Part of the problem here is that you asked for examples of successful "multicultural societies", but instead you seem to actually WANT examples of societies that have prospered in the face of massive migrations and ensuing demographic shift. Those are two very different questions. You are not using the word multicultural precisely (or correctly).
>>
>>2586777
>>2586787
Well every muslim I know is a backwards retard that smells like shit. Anecdotal evidence is great don't you think?
>>
>>2586792
The modern definition of multiculture seems to imply massive migrations and demographic shifts, wouldn't you agree?
>>
>>2586621
>Even if you had a terror attack every single day you would still only have 365 per year.
iirc france said they were stopping a terrorist attack daily
>>
>>2586749
I've seen those surveys too. They're not really that convincing. Only die-hard idiots from /pol/ (unfortunately there's a lot of those) believe that Muslims in Europe aren't assimilating AT ALL, and if they seem to be claiming that it's largely hyperbole. Many of them still feel that Muslims are not assimilating ENOUGH.
>>
>>2586787
t. Achmed Mohammed Al-Jammal

Stupid shitskin.
>>
>>2586806
It isn't. You can be multicultural with closed borders a la soviets.
>>
>>2586809
It's probably all the attacks.

Remember hardly a month goes by without some sort of Muslim on infidel public attack.

It's a credible problem.
>>
>>2586806
Migration is not the same as seeking asylum, refugees are fleeing war zones.
>>
>>2586785
https://policyexchange.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/PEXJ5037_Muslim_Communities_FINAL.pdf
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/11/british-muslims-strong-sense-of-belonging-poll-homosexuality-sharia-law
Neither the Policy Exchange or Channel 4 are particuarly liberal (both are fairly centrist) and the Channel 4 study focused on poorer muslims. Compare these to surveys of eastern european and middle eastern muslims and the difference is vast.
>>
>>2586813
>>2586815
So you agree then that what's taking place around the globe in essence is not multiculture. But something worse?
>>
>>2586813
USSR was not multicultural.

Race does not equal multiculturalism, dumb ass. The color of your skin is irrelevant.

We are talking about CULTURE. The USSR had an atheistic communist culture, regardless of your background.
>>
>>2586817
>you don't actually want to hurt me do you goy?
>no ofcourse not rabbi
>>
>>2586819
No, i don't believe that accepting people feeling from warzones as something worse than people wanting to move to my country because of its economic sucess and culture, i believe that my country has made serious failures to provide for people feeling persecution and war, and we shouldn't turn people away due to the region they are escaping from.
>>
>>2586832
>syrians are basically white
>all the people coming in on boats are black

hmmmmmm, which black countries are at war right now?
>>
>>2586815
Many of those ````````refugees´´´´´´´´ have phones, watches, modern clothing and plenty of food.

When they reach Germany for that delicious gibsmedat welfare, they act like spoiled ungrateful pieces of shit.

If they were truly refugees, they would have been fine with stopping in Turkey or any other country not at war. Instead, they take a long track through Europe all the way to Germany and France specifically. Because welfare.

There are plenty of footage showing these poor, unfortunate refugees leaving trash on the roads and throwing bottles at cars on the highways. They also threaten. All the marks of an invasion and immigration.
Real refugees do not act like that.

Also, new year´s eve in Germany. Hundreds of girls were raped and harassed in Cologne by these poor, didnt-do-nothing-wrong refugees who recently arrived there.

Spare me the bullshit, bleeding-heart libtard.
I live in the real world, not fantasy imagination land.
>>
>>2586820
>siberians
>slavs
>turkic
seems multy culty
>>
>>2586846
Multiracial does not equal multicultural.

See: America
>>
File: diversity thomas sowell.jpg (70KB, 920x787px) Image search: [Google]
diversity thomas sowell.jpg
70KB, 920x787px
hmmm
>>
>>2586796
>>2586812
Wow you really BTFO that fucking lefty cuck /pol/bros!
>>
>>2586806
No. Singapore is one of the most-frequently touted examples of a successful multicultural society -- perhaps THE most frequent one -- and it was multicultural from the beginning (and, incidentally, started out plagued by ethnic tension and conflict that later stabilized). The US, of course, became a multicultural society because of mass immigration, because except for the natives EVERYONE in America is there because of mass immigration, but it remained multicultural for a long time after after the flood from Europe and Asia ceased (and before the flood from Latin America started). Russia is a very multicultural country and its demographics have been relatively stable for a very long time (barring the current declining population and a couple ethnic cleansings here and there). Ditto for the parts of modern China that are not dominated by Han Chinese, and above all for modern India. All of these are very frequently-cited examples of multicultural societies with (relatively) stable demographics, not cases of an indigenous population being swarmed by huge numbers of immigrants.

It is very obvious that your knowledge of multiculturalism comes almost entirely from /pol/ (and the kinds of sources that people cite on /pol/), but /pol/ doesn't have the last word on multiculturalism, and neither does its archenemy Angela Merkel.

And before you argue, if you reread my post you'll notice that I haven't said one word in multiculturalism's defense -- either the broader definition or the very specific one that you're using. We're purely talking terminology here. And if you're still inclined to argue, I have to wonder why you're clinging to an unusually specific word use that guarantees you'll be frequently misunderstood.
>>
>>2586849
>america
>French
>British
>Dutch
>Spanish
seems multy culty
>>
File: snapshot20080103235943.jpg (15KB, 468x263px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot20080103235943.jpg
15KB, 468x263px
>>2586820
> communism is culture
>>
>>2586857
>a city state consisting of 90% ethnic chinese is multicultural

hmmmmmmm, I guess you have a point there.
>>
>>2586841
>Many of those ````````refugees´´´´´´´´ have phones, watches, modern clothing and plenty of food.
I'm going to point and laugh, really really hard, when some awful disaster grips America and this is what the rest of the world says of us when we try to flee after our kids begin to starve and/or get blown into a rain of organ meats.
>>
>>2586859
I dont think you understand what the word "culture" means.
>>
File: conflictsbystatet.png (72KB, 816x1056px) Image search: [Google]
conflictsbystatet.png
72KB, 816x1056px
>>2586839
> which black countries are at war right now
all of them, lmao
>>
File: singapore-demographics.png (6KB, 281x145px) Image search: [Google]
singapore-demographics.png
6KB, 281x145px
>>2586857
>Singapore is one of the most-frequently touted examples of a successful multicultural society -- perhaps THE most frequent one
lol
>>
the kingdom of hungary had austrians, saxons, svabians, ruthens, romanians, slovaks, serbs, croats, greeks, armenians (refugees), bolgars, cumans and jews

there was no civil unrest or apathy, it was a pretty good place for its age till the turks invaded
>>
>>2586864
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aPRjg8ViF0

I'm going to laugh really hard when your daughter gets raped by Jamal.
>>
>>2586868
The point is, syria isn't at fault for the migration crisis. That's a bold faced lie.
>>
>>2586864
t. self-hating white-guilt lefty commie retard
>>
>>2586873
IJS what's good for the goose; when it's the Amerilards in trouble, I PRAY the rest of the world rejects you to wallow in your own blood like you've rejected the rest of the world.
>>
>>2586873
jokes on you, i am jamal
>>
>>2586873
>well-fed, clean clothed and military-able men
>refugees

Liberals are so retarded.
>>
>>2586873
every european needs to see this video.
>>
Teotihuacan
>>
File: 1488408505550.jpg (431KB, 1200x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1488408505550.jpg
431KB, 1200x1012px
>>2586621
kill yourself
>>
>>2586873
> forced
> suicide
i am not watching something with such stupid title as this
>>
>>2586621
hey guys
you hear that
it does not matter if people get crushed by a bus because we did it for the greater good aka communism

KYS
>>
>>2586873
Multikulturalists BTFO
>>
>>2586889
natives murder more people than all migrants combined
>>
File: kek.jpg (185KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
185KB, 1000x1000px
>>2586873
>Sweden will be a third world nation in 15 years
>>
>>2586893
>being this fucking retarded
>>
File: 0Dhp8Do.png (251KB, 500x580px) Image search: [Google]
0Dhp8Do.png
251KB, 500x580px
>>2586897
> wanting to be 1st world nation
>>
File: laughing.jpg (296KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
laughing.jpg
296KB, 1920x1080px
>>2586873
>Mohammed is the most popular name in Britain
>>
>>2586820
If you think that the USSR was merely multiracial and not multicultural then you know nothing about the USSR.

It had (still has) Slavs, Baltics, Turkics, Mongolics, Finnics, Germanics, and several minor groups in Siberia.

Those groups spoke literally hundreds of languages between them. They practiced Orthodox Christianity, Catholicism, Islam, Baptism, Judaism, Buddhism, and hundreds of small shamanistic religions in Siberia. All of these groups had significant cultural differences between them and lived very different lifestyles.

>>2586863
>>2586869
~75%, as the second post noted, a figure which also ignores the cultural divisions within the Chinese population. Linguistically the Chinese population is largely Mandarin-speaking because the government deliberately promoted the language over Hokkien, Cantonese etc for decades (here again you're using the words multicultural and multiethnic/multiracial interchangeably ... when it suits you). Religiously it's very diverse with (rough percentages) 30% of the population Buddhist, 20% Christian, 15% Muslim, 5% Hindu, 10% Taoist and 20% professing no religion.

Ultimately it doesn't matter whether you're buying it or not, though. I don't care whether you consider Singapore multicultural or not. I'm not touting it as a multicultural success story. I'm not giving you my own opinions, I'm reporting other people's opinions. The point is that (many) people hold it up as an example of multiculturalism. That's flatly true, whether you agree or disagree with them.
>>
>>2586909
>Communism
>Religion

Pick one.
>>
>>2586905
This is because Muslims have only one name and Anglos billions of them. Don't be retarded.
>>
>>2586893
Natives are 95% in austria
Our police minister told us that 70% of people landing in jail are foringers and most of them are muslims/turks and that we could get rid of most prisons if these countries would take their felons back.

There is a reason why every country that gets muslims becomes a police state with cams and armored soldiers ob the streets

stop living in loopy land
>>
>>2586559
Italians were the only people allowed to be citizens in the Roman empire up until the Antonine decree of 212 AD. Roman legions were only recruited from Italians. The USA only accepted immigrants from white European countries until the Immigration Act of 1965.
>>
>>2586909
I pulled that statistic out of my head, and buddy confirmed that I was pretty on par with the actual statistic.
>>
>>2586915
> police state with cams and armored soldiers ob the streets
nothing bad with high security
>>
>>2586600
>Aztecs and myans were multicultural?
Yes
>Japan?
Not an empire
>>
>>2586918
Nah nothing is bad about it
A white country just doesn't need it
If you want a multicultural paradise get ready to have soldiers on the streets and trucks on the sidewalk
>>
File: bce.jpg (25KB, 608x402px) Image search: [Google]
bce.jpg
25KB, 608x402px
>>2586621

Jew gotta be kidding me.
>>
>>2586921
Japan is last empire existed today anon...
>>
>>2586911
Am I getting trolled right now? Starting to suspect I am.

The USSR's policy towards religion varied wildly depending on the time period (and they didn't treat all religions equally either) but even in the periods when they actively tried to wipe out religion in their country they didn't succeed. Even if they had, it would've taken longer than a single generation for centuries' worth of cultural differences between Orthodox Christians, Catholics, Buddhists, Muslims and Jews to be equalized.
>>
>>2586873
>Libtards holding "Welcome Refugees!" signs

Thanks cultural Marxism. Europe is doomed.
>>
File: 1490702670480.png (2MB, 1509x1250px) Image search: [Google]
1490702670480.png
2MB, 1509x1250px
>>2586925
>>
>>2586917
Not interested in arguing whether 90% is "on par" with 75% (although it's not -- one in ten vs. one in four) but good job sidestepping basically everything I wrote. You're not actually putting in any effort into the thread -- probably time to stop responding. I'm sure you're just heartbroken.

This is why people can't stand your board.

And (for the third time) this is coming from somebody who, in practice, probably largely agrees with you (thinking you're a dumbass doesn't mean I want large numbers of immigrants swarming my country).
>>
>>2586621
>dude it's just some lost lives who cares XD
>>
>>2586544
diversity was the standard in all societies prior to the 19th century. It was only then that ideas of racial purity and nation state gained traction and people began to try to create homogenous societies
>>
diversity is fine. stability is related to intelligence. the higher average intelligence, the more stable the society.
>>
>>2586933
Dude you are retarded, citing singapore as a multicultural society, is like citing luxemberg as one. It's just dumb.
>>
>>2586636
okay thanks for a bunch of unfounded claims and generalizations
>>
>>2586941
why?
>>
>>2586949
t. sheltered liberal who has no idea how the world works
>>
>>2586938
It is not
name me one diverse country in history with a lower crime rate than homogenous eurpean/east asian countries

diverse societies like brazil or chicago violent often poor and dangerous places
>>
>>2586953
Because when a country is majority one ethnicity it isn't multicultural enough, as you can see by current trends.
>>
File: 1478477193161.jpg (1MB, 2000x1656px) Image search: [Google]
1478477193161.jpg
1MB, 2000x1656px
>>2586931
Infograph posting can go both ways
>>
>>2586600
>Destroyed after a thousand years, at least a third of which spent at the top culturally and economically.
>Didn't flourish, multiculture bad. Nothing to do with having too vast an empire to manage economically.

If an empire that lasts and expands for roughly a fifth of recorded human history hasn't flourished then what the fuck has?
>>
>>2586963
so no multicultural societies exist or ever existed and therefore the thread discussion is moot?
>>
Switzerland
28% of foreigners
Natives split between 60% Germans, 30% French, and 10% Italians, each group with its laws, institutions, and culture, this diversity allowed and promoted by its government structure as a (con)federation
>>
>>2586941
You don't know the first thing about any of the countries we've talked about. Your posts have been riddled with mistakes and misconceptions, you're not remotely qualified to talk about this. That said, let me reiterate,
>I'm not giving you my own opinions, I'm reporting other people's opinions.
The point is that (many) people hold it up as an example of multiculturalism. I, personally, that's me, the author of this post, am not holding it up as one. I've written this explicitly several times. I don't know how I can make it any clearer than that. The point is that it's a common claim, not whether or not I agree with it.

And with that I'm out. This has been a waste of breath for several posts now. Last word is yours.
>>
>>2586974
so it's european
this isn't "diversity"
>>
>>2586949
>has never lived near muslims before
>>
>>2586544
How about every society that flourished before 1900? Nationalism was invented in the 19th century.
>>
>>2586983
"european" isn't a culture
there's italian culture, french culture, and german culture, within Switzerland. The division of culture is so well percieved and ingraiend in culture that we have a term for it, röstigraben

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C3%B6stigraben
>>
File: anger-bismark.jpg (2MB, 9600x3207px) Image search: [Google]
anger-bismark.jpg
2MB, 9600x3207px
>>2586621
Next thing your going to tell us that many times more people die from Malaria and Cholera so in comparison to that a little terrorism is insignificant. Thing is we didn't have problems like this until immigration from certain places.
>Inb4 IRA, ETA, RAF, because that shit is home grown and localized, besides we dealt with them
>>
>>2586967
dude look it up
just writing lmao wikipedia deleted it and
LIES
isn't debunking
These people have fammily trees and they are in the history books
and yes most of them were jews what's rhe deal with it?
It's like claiming oh no most Nationalists in germany were germans
germans btfo i guess
>>
>>2586630
Definition of multiculturalism (from Wikipedia, if you want to find another one you are welcome to).

"Multiculturalism is the existence of multiple cultural traditions within a single country, usually considered in terms of the culture associated with an aboriginal ethnic group and foreigner ethnic groups. This can happen when a jurisdiction is created or expanded by amalgamating areas with two or more different cultures (e.g. French Canada and English Canada) or through immigration from different jurisdictions around the world (e.g. United States, Australia, Canada, Brazil, United Kingdom, New Zealand, and many other countries)."

Therefore, multicultural simply refers to having more than one culture present, often from empires amalgamating / conquering.

Therefore, empires, many of which flourished, were multicultural.
>>
>>2586991
America would be diverse even if it was 100% white by this definition
>>
>>2586544
Can you name one computer using society that flourished prior to 1900?
I guess computers are bad then. And vaccines, I bet they give you autism.
Antibiotics are evil too, and contraceptives, and basically modern day Africa is the pinnacle of civilization.

Fucking imbecile.
>>
>>2586991
>there's italian culture, french culture, and german culture, within Switzerland
Yes, rational and intelligent people from normal points of origin, whereas muslims and blacks are from brutal and aggressive environments, who are almost completely incompatible with the environment and culture they are in when they travel to european countries.
They are kinda like jews, never assimilating, yet expecting others to assimilate with their culture and ways of handling things.
>>
"dude it's all european culture there's no difference between a mainly french and a mainly german society"

(please compare this voting map, to a linguistic map of Switzerland, and keep in mind this pattern is very consistent)

>>2587007
and this is relevant to my point...how?
>>
OP made the mistake of not specifying that he meant the multiculturalism between Western and Eastern/African cultures.
Now this thread is full of people claiming a Frenchman and a German coexisting peacefully is proof for his question.
>>
>>2587005
>technologies are social constructs
never had this one before
saved as copy pasta
>>
File: 1476951951519.jpg (32KB, 447x456px) Image search: [Google]
1476951951519.jpg
32KB, 447x456px
>>2586873
Well, who would guess that its bad to think/expect that people of low -class- education and basically shit ass retrograde culture dont gonna adapt in first world countries
>>
>>2586621
how about we have none and people continue to live
>>
>>2586869
Do you realize you're literally proving his point?

How is that NOT multicultural and multiethnic?
>>
>>2587013
>let me casually add another hoop to the original statement to inconvenience you slightly :D

Anyway, how can you be racist and talk about social constructs?
Do you jump between the nature vs nurture camps depending on what fits you?
>>
>>2587030
wait I'm kinda """racist""" and believe in social constructs myself, what the hell is the problem with that
>>
>>2587001
> 100% white
As if my great great great great great great great great great father was Irish counts, as not being American.
>>
>>2587030
I can't disagree with the concept of computers
That's why I am laughing at your statement
>>
>>2587012
> Frenchman and a German coexisting peacefully is proof
This shit was impossible just 100 years ago, so yes this is proof.
>>
For fuck's sake threads like this shit me.

People post verifiable facts, with sources, on a HISTORY board, and get fucking torn to shreds for it.

"Here is an example that directly relates to your question."
"Hurr durr, doesn't count, multiracial isn't multicultural."

If someone posts something unsubstantiated, just fucking ignore it.

TL:DR. Ignore shitposters.
>>
File: 1490455504683.webm (2MB, 460x264px) Image search: [Google]
1490455504683.webm
2MB, 460x264px
>>2586621
You're an idiot, enjoy your bomb.
>>
>>2587034
Because if its nurture that drives us, racism doesn't make sense.
And if its nature, for racism to make sense, then culture isn't relevant, since its a product of nature (genetics), and there are no social constructs, they are all genetic constructs that can be traded to your mother's vagina.

Pick nature or nurture, and don't hop around, else your inconsistency is very easy to brush aside.
>>
>>2587036
That's what I mean
the different geoups of americans created communities based on race and identify on it

You don't say he is zulu or german
it's black and white
>>
>>2587041
>People post verifiable facts, with sources, on a HISTORY board, and get fucking torn to shreds for it.

I was called out as a shill by half the thread a week ago for posting sources and mentioning on which page the relevant stuff is.
You see, only a shill would go through all that trouble, so I must be getting paid by the government, why else would I make coherent arguments?

And thats how me making good arguments proved I was wrong.
>>
>>2587043
Thats not at all cherry picked and this is absolutely how Europe looks everywhere, all the time.
Unlike those Detroit or Chicago images on Google, those are all photoshoped.
>>
File: 1490490703873.jpg (246KB, 400x800px) Image search: [Google]
1490490703873.jpg
246KB, 400x800px
>>2586621
>mfw
>>
>>2586606
Rome allowed the locals to keep their gods and traditions if they bowed before the Emperor though.
>>
>>2587046
im really having a hard time following your line of thought. So much in fact I'm not following at all
I guess I'll just share mine.
I'm racist in that I believe there are differencies between humans that go beyong "skin deep" (to what degree I wouldn't be able to tell), and I believe in social constructs because, well, they objectively do. Everything that wouldn't exist without a society, is a social construct. A world where there is a single human being doesn't have economy, which is a social construct, doesn't have genders, which is a social construct, doesn't have social class, which is a social construct
I don't really see where those 2 visions conflict
>>
>>2586869
>>2586963
Singapore somehow isn't multicultural. Because it's 75% one culture. Simultaneously holding Western Europe up as a degenerate multicultural shithole when its percentages are less than Singapore.

And that's ignoring the fact that most foreign-born in European countries are other Europeans
>>
>>2587055
Are you european?
We have a zone like this in every big city
It is becomes like this after the migrants arrive
The police removes it and takes the people away
They move somewhere else and it starts again
Calais has been like this for 20 years
They take them to paris like in the video this guy posted is the result
They go back to calais
it't a circle
>>
>>2587058
Assume black people are more prone to crime.
Is this primarily because of...
>black culture
>culture of others towards blacks
>black genetics
>other races tribalism against blacks
I'll go with black culture. Its a popular pick. Then you can move towards genetics again, by saying black culture is a direct result of black genetics.

So in the end are genetics (of blacks or of others against blacks) the reason for black crime (nature), or is it the black culture (or culture of others towards blacks) that drives this (so nurture)?
One is the primary cause. This is the case with any problem, and if you try to think for more than 2 minutes you will probably come to a conclusion you can apply anywhere, since you will decide that either nature drives nurture (genetics cause culture) or that nature isn't as impactful, and nurture, derived from prior nurture, derived from prior.... and like that 500000 years so that the genetic part is irrelevant, is what causes things.
>>
>>2587070
I am currently in a European capital and "we" don't have "zones" like that.
And migrants don't arrive like a crowd going to a concert, I saw them move in a column of buses once, stopped at a circus meadow to stretch their legs, and went back in to proceed.

Maybe there are two shit places on the continent, and you live in one.
>>
>>2586544
Pirate republic
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Pirates
>>
>>2587077
wich one?
>>
>>2587072
idk lad nature and nurture can and do coexist, I'm thinking of genetical predisposition to desease induced by environmental catalysts, or even more precisely, genetical predisposition to homosexuality induced by environmental (societal) clues, which, although not confirmed, is debated as one of the explanation for homosexuality, and probably other """diseases" I don't know of
>>
>>2586544
Phoenicians, Romans, Mongol empire.
>>
File: Go Daigo Imprisoned.jpg (29KB, 350x265px) Image search: [Google]
Go Daigo Imprisoned.jpg
29KB, 350x265px
>>2586924
Japan calls its monarch an Emperor because the Chinks fucking do so to theirs.

Japan is the most unempire of empires, and their emperor the most unemperor of emperors. Cunt barely ruled anything past 1000 AD. Only time Japan resembled an empire was in that short lived period of 1890-1945.

Mcfucking Vietnam had an Emperor and that guy would be more Emperor than Japan's Emperor since he actually ruled niggers, and presided over a multiethnic society (Viets, Hmong, conquered Chams, and Southern Tribes).
>>
>>2586661
objectively untrue but hot opinion bro
>>
>>2587081
Homosexuality has the genetic part (a gene makes you more prone to it) that we know of, and its completely overwhelmed by the cultural part.
People who have the "gay gene" can choose to not act gay. They are more prone to it, but culture saying they shouldn't completely annihilates it. So in those culture it moves from being a gay gene, to being a slightly depressed gene.

Similar with all other culture queues, like the "warrior gene" in blacks.
It makes them more prone to violence, and led to the african tribal warfare culture and so on, but then 50 years ago in the USA they were peaceful because the conservative culture of the day oppressed that gene. They just wanted to get angry and break shit more often, but didn't, since that shit ain't acceptable yo.
And modern culture makes them way more violent than the gene would suggest, so again its culture driven, the rap gangsta culture.
>>
>>2587089
uhm this sounds kinda pseudosciency and a bit too racist to me desu
>>
>>2587089
Wrong
There is nothing wrong with beeing gay but medicine has proven it's not geneticak with the twin test
Genetically identical twins can turn out to have one to become gay and one to be straight
Stop talking about things you don't know enough about
>>
File: Sinocentrism.jpg (76KB, 497x496px) Image search: [Google]
Sinocentrism.jpg
76KB, 497x496px
>>2586724
There's not even a notion of "Ruling Nation" in the Chinese Empire. More like ruling culture.

The Chinese Imperial Rhetoric doesn't even consider the Han Ethnic group. The bearer of the Mandate of Heaven was the end all of Empire. Everyone is just subjects.

We can talk of a ruling culture in Imperial China, but not of ruling ethnicity. Even barbarians can be part of Empire if they are subject of the emperor and became acculturated to the empire's culture.
>>
I dunno man. Some of the examples given, like USSR and China, I can agree with, but Rome being multicultural for most of its existence is bullshit.
I mean, FFS, yes, they allowed tons of religions, but they also allowed only Romans and later Italians to hold power. To get Roman citizenship you had to shit bricks.
>>
>>2587098
>Genetically identical twins can turn out to have one to become gay and one to be straight

This is explained by my post, you immense genetical faggot.
The gene makes you more prone to do it, it doesn't mean you will 100% do it with the gene and 100% not to it without the gene.
A lot of people prone to heart attacks die peacefully of stomach cancer instead, and a lot of people without such genetic flaws get heart attacks anyway.

Its a percentage increase to your chance, if you wish. You can still add modifiers with the way you live, where you live, how people treat you, how the culture is, and so on.
Your father divorcing your mom to go fuck a gay guy may turn you straight as a kid, gay gene regardless.

Basically read the post you insult before insulting it.
>>
>>2587098
(not that guy) science has proved it is not exclusively genetic, but there's no conclusive evidence that genetics play no part in it (again, environmental qeue catalyst - induced genetical predisposition)
im a fag myself btw
>>
File: italians.png (111KB, 1100x1200px) Image search: [Google]
italians.png
111KB, 1100x1200px
>>2587104
Here is a map of Rome (latin culture) expanding and conquering the tribes of Italy.
They all had DIFFERENT CULTURES. The "empire" was multicultural before it was even an empire.

And this ignored the phoenician and greek colonies they took over, who had even more different culture.
And later, as it became an actual empire, it was VERY multicultural, and the latins were a minority in their state.
>>
>>2587088
>>2586817
>>
Yes the Romans who took Greek culture, Etruscan architecture, used Spanish and Gaul soldiers, and had Eastern gods was most definitely not multicultural not multiracial.
>>
>>2586809
Complaing is still better than ignoring.
>>
>>2587049
Zulu descendents don't even exist in America, as most blacks aren't Bantu. You couldn't have picked Igbo or Yoruba?
>>
>>2587089
That warrior gene is bullshit, as Han Chinese are more likely to have it then West Africans and Black Americans.
>>
>>2587068
Nice one, /pol/ must be full damage control right now.
>>
>>2586601
>austria-hungary
That was killed because of multiculturalism.
>>
>>2586544
Yeah, it just creates unrest. I mean, I'm not the kind of guy who would want to kill people of other groups, but I certainly wouldn't mind buying them land in other areas, and having them move out there. I wouldn't want to force, them, though.
>>
>>2587200
that's my point, i just didn't articulate it as well as i should have
>>
>>2587068
The difference being that in singapore you step out the rine you get prison.
It's functional facism.
See yugoslavia, that also only worked because it was a authoritarian state and the moment they switched to democracy everyone was at each other's throat.
>>
>>2586636
>assimilate or else
>how dare you call yourself dutch
what a stupid poster, who doesn't understand what's going on at all
>>
>>2586621
nobody has replied to this post with anything other than emotions and memes
>>2587019
that's it, remove all the muslims and if they refuse-kill them, that's much better
>>
>>2587346
Europe has recently gone through an economic crisis and the welfare state was not built to support mass migrations, it's simply not sustainable to allow this many people in, when, especially mediterranean countries, already have staggering unemployment rates
>>
>>2587363
are you in favor of genocide
>>
>>2587369
not in the slightest
more akin to shutting down borders, and treat the ones that already migrated here with the uttermost respect
>>
>>2587390
They ALL have to go back.
>>
>>2587397
There are, like, international humanitarian laws against that
>>
>>2587397
lol, honest about your genocidal intentions at least
>>2587390
read your first post again, you aren't very bright

proof white people are no different than any people
>>
>>2586544
Anyone who gives you Rome as an answer is a liar. For most of Rome's history if you weren't a Roman you weren't a citizen, and only by aiding the nation for 25 year of your life in fighting would you possibly be accepted.

But this policy wasn't much different then their slavery ones. What I mean by that is it was used as a light at the end of the tunnel. Not many people (including citizens) survived 25 years in the military, do they knew they would get untold numbers of people signing up, with very few making it through.

Roman's did not trust any non Roman to advise or rule over Roman clay, and only allowed satraps to be ruled by their own people to keep order.

The only time everyone became citizens of the state was when leaders were desperate for popularity and or were incompetent leaders who didn't understand how to rule.
>>
>>2586645
90% of the population is han
maybe you should try again
>>
The rise and fall of multicultural societies depends on the relative amount of its minorities
>>
>>2587397
people won't agree to leave their houses, their jobs and their lives, and in some cases their fiances behind

you will have to genocide, a real one, unlike the 'white genocide'
>>
>>2587444
>The Han """Race"""
The Han itself is a group of races who spoke some form of Sino-Tibetan language.

Especially in the beginning of the whole thing when they were still arguing the Hua-Yi distinction.
>>
>>2587482
racially southern chinese and northern chinese look different
>>
>>2586544
For all the talk about multiculturalism it baffles me that sane, reasonable people aren't fundamentally opposed to the idea that individuals should be allowed to pick which laws apply to them depending on their personal beliefs and traditions. How would a society like that even function?
>>
>>2587549
>i have this really specific scenario in mind
>ill make it into an awkward-worded and unprovable generality
>>
>>2587070
Where the hell are you from? Estonia?
>>
>>2586544
Roman Empire lol
>>
File: 1487280568068.jpg (41KB, 506x316px) Image search: [Google]
1487280568068.jpg
41KB, 506x316px
>>2587435
>Not many people (including citizens) survived 25 years in the military, do they knew they would get untold numbers of people signing up, with very few making it through.

The vast majority of auxilia and citizen soldiers survived, especially in the 14 AD - 212 AD period, where the citizen reward was relevant.
Essentially no major wars were fought, civil wars were at an all time low, and you were on garrison duty, if not occasionally raiding across the Danube or Rhine. Being a soldier was less dangerous than just simple living on the frontier.
Besides, most volunteers didn't sign up to become citizens, but for grants of farmland, and potential plunder they'd gain over the years.
On top of this, many might have signed up simply for the stable life style. Being a legionary in camp close to Alexandria would secure you with income, acceptable, stable supply of food, relative freedom on off-days, and of course comradeship.
Source: Goldsworthy, The Complete Roman Army
Cherry, The Roman World
>>
>>2586544
>eskimoes killed vikings

This made me laugh so hard I hurt my throat.
>>
>>2587468
Either they are deported now in a peaceful and manageable way or the muslim invaders will outright genocide us and establish a caliphate once all of our old people die and they have numerical superiority over us in a generation. This is the 0 hour I hope Le Pen wins.
>>
File: image.png (104KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
104KB, 450x300px
>>2586601
>One ethnicity
no just the boudoiurgouus
>>
File: 1427749266686-4.gif (545KB, 324x216px) Image search: [Google]
1427749266686-4.gif
545KB, 324x216px
>>2586600
>Rome was destroyed because of multiculture. They put too much power in the hands of the foreign mercenaries.

isn't this just a meme? I've also heard people say rome would have fallen earlier if it weren't for foreign citizens and mercenaries
>>
>>2586544
Peru was in pretty good shape around the turn of the century. It was seen as a land of opportunity and many Chinese came there instead of the US, which was the other big destination for immigrants. In that vein, the US was multicultural at that time. Most of the cultures were European cultures, but it was still multiculturalism because Europeans back then regarded each other as very different.
>>
>>2586544
All Persian empires
Roman empire
Ancient Egypt
Greek Egypt
Byzantine Empire
>>
File: Pew_Muslim_European_Population.png (42KB, 560x506px) Image search: [Google]
Pew_Muslim_European_Population.png
42KB, 560x506px
>>2587761
>Either they are deported now in a peaceful and manageable way
lol, it's not going to be peaceful
muslims will never be a majority in europe, they are actually not a majority of immigrants

you are justifying your being in favor of genocide with fantasies
>>
>>2586897
RADERA DETTA
>>
>>2587921
Thank you for your statistics from 2010. Muslim do not belong in Europe and should heed the warning signs before they are gassed en masse. Europeans will not go the way of the native American peacefully.
>>
>>2586544
But there was a ton of civil unrest before 1900. There's always civil unrest, if anything there's far less civil unrest in places like the US, Canada, and the UK right now than there has been in other places in the past.
>>
>>2587947
>europeans are being genocided
if you don't like the numbers look at >>2587068

you just don't like the idea that brown people will constitute a certain % of the population
>>
>>2587963
>you just don't like the idea that brown people will constitute a certain % of the population
You're right. They are a cancer and should leave and if they don't they will swallow us whole. Non white go home to your shithole barbarous subhuman hovels.
>>
>>2586916
nice
>>
>>2587971
you've been useful
>>
There are degrees of difference. The United Kingdom contains Scottish, English, Ulster, and residual Welsh cultures and identities in a single union. The UK be considered "multi-cultural" in that sense. But this is not the same as the multicultural UK which includes Pakistani, Muslim, Hindu, English, Nigerian, French, Jamaican, Irish, Indian, Chinese, and Polish cultures or identities. If you can't simply understand that intuitively there is really no hope for you.
>>
File: rip.png (138KB, 1140x940px) Image search: [Google]
rip.png
138KB, 1140x940px
>>2587921
>>
>>2586544
nearly every empire in history has ended up multiethnic, but they accomplished this by ditching divisions, they would all bow before the God Emperor

whether multiculturalism fits the bill in the modern world is up to debate
>>
>>2587971
No. I'll stay here thank you very much. I'm a productive citizen. I just got into a top ten grad program in my field. America is the best for STEM so I won't leave. Deal with it, pleb.
>>
>>2586544
The Holy Roman Empire
>>
>>2586661
>The most liberal Muslims move West
>Their kids become more religious and conservative, some join ISIS
>But they aren't literally raping goats like Pashtos or Saudis so it's okay
(You)
>>
>>2586681
I don't know whether this is a lack if historical knowledge or just a lack of self awareness, but all the stereotypes you lot are spouting about muslims are things that were also said about those immigrants to the US in their own time.
>b-but it's different this time!
>There's no way I'm just easily taken in by propaganda!
>>
>>2586544
The U.S.A.
>>
By definition, a "multicultural" nation will be prone to division and unrest along those lines as humans will eternally be stuck in groupthink
>>
>>2586621
Holy shit
This is your brain on leftism
>>
File: 1474222993283.png (253KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1474222993283.png
253KB, 500x375px
Achaemenid Empire
Seleucid Empire(>inb4 they were all hellenised so the culture was 1)
Ptolemaic Empire
Roman Empire
Parthian Empire
Byzantine Empire
Sassanid Empire

The word empire in itself means "a group of nations or peoples ruled over by an emperor, empress, or other powerful sovereign or government: usually a territory of greater extent than a kingdom"

And since different races have different, distinct cultures they're usually multicultural, but it's not always the case.
>>
>>2586544
Multi-culturalism is fine so long as the different groups agree to subscribe to the laws of their home nation rather than trying to instate their own rules or acting like gypsies.
>>
>>2587404
Those will mean nothing in the next 15-20 years as Africa's population doubles, famine grows, and Europe collapses into ethnic clashes and hyperBalkanization.
>>
>>2586544
polish lithuanian commonwealth, kingdom of hungary, holy roman empire (inbf they're all germans, language and race doesn't explain the huge cultural diversity of the hre), livonia/hanseatic cities, ottomans
>>
>>2588602
Which of course, isn't possible when you have different cultures with different values.

Multiculturalism only works through a lack of representation for most groups, because self determination means voting for your culture's way of life. In other words, apartheid, brutal strongman, empire, etc. Not democracy/republicanism.
>>
>>2587085
bt you are subhuman mongrel Americuck huh?
>>
File: minorities_britain.jpg (44KB, 620x381px) Image search: [Google]
minorities_britain.jpg
44KB, 620x381px
>>2588031
>just clicks on two different cities
this graph is bullshit that fails to show what you think it does
what it shows is muslims will never be a majority
or do you just plan on whining about brown people - i thought islam was the issue, foreign culture, multiculti bla bla
indians aren't a problem my friend, on the contrary

but this isn't about islam or culture, this is about looks
>>
>>2588667
What I'm saying is multiculturalism requires some level of assimilation. Most groups coming in fitting their interests into existing political parties and voting accordingly.
>>
I think a lot of you people mix civilization with kultur.
>>
>white countries are forced to accept brown immigration from everywhere by globalists
>brown countries stay brown
>whites are a minority in their own countries

Prove that white genocide isn't real
>>
>>2588719
I'm not the poster you think I am
>>
>>2589064
ez
that's not a genocide
>>
File: elagabalus-sculpture.jpg (269KB, 846x1140px) Image search: [Google]
elagabalus-sculpture.jpg
269KB, 846x1140px
>>2587435
>Roman's did not trust any non Roman to advise or rule over Roman clay
>>
File: 1473648329488.jpg (26KB, 457x480px) Image search: [Google]
1473648329488.jpg
26KB, 457x480px
>>2589314
> implying anyone liked that dipshit
>>
roman empire
ottoman empire
russian empire
>>
File: 1489914112277.jpg (158KB, 663x784px) Image search: [Google]
1489914112277.jpg
158KB, 663x784px
>>
>>2587346
>and if they refuse-kill them, that's much better

Or just, you know, deport them by force
>>
>>2586544
wasnt Hellenistic Alexandria with a population made of Greeks, Jews and Egyptians (+ people of all the mediterranean) a great place for centuries?

Multiculturalism can work, but, in cities, and only if it is multiculturalism of good cultures, not shitty ones.
>>
>>2586600
Japan had lots of different local cultures until they were """homogenized""" in the 1850s. Also, not an empire.
>>
Depends on what is meant by multiculture. Every empire could be considered one, but it still had a clear central command, and often each culture had it's own province or territory.

What is different today is there exists a theory that through alchemy or something having many different peoples in the same place makes one "strong", so each culture does not get it's own "space" or province. Diversity as a strength is a bold claim but one that they have not supported with evidence. This seems to be common of modern philosophies, where the most important claim is not proved, but rather assumed to be true, and then the philosophy is developed from there. Indeed, when peasants of different cultures have been forced together it has resulted in violence.

Also, there is a trend to try and avoid discussing the limits to tolerance, and how much the law or host cultures in the West ought bend for foreigners. Think of the rape gangs in the UK, where council members colluded with police to cover it up.

The better question, is why in a world of post-modernism and post-structuralism, ought we condemn racists, or jihadists, or anybody? It's simply their culture. I say let the war begin.

Personally, I hate foreigners.
>>
>>2586544
Monoculturalism brings more death and chaos than multiculturalism. Histories greatest bloodbaths were and are at the hands of ethnically related peoples, world wars, wars of religion, gang violence, Chinese uprisings, Muslim wars, African civil wars. Even in the Greeks vs Persians and Romans vs Punics they had similarities.
>>
>>2587771
>I've also heard people say rome would have fallen earlier if it weren't for foreign citizens and mercenaries

those are the same people who say that europe cannot survive without muslim migrants lol
>>
>>2586544
I think the real question is can multicultultuarism work in a democracy. Its easier to deal with diffrent people when they equally have no say in politics, where as racial and tribal politics in multicultural areas becomes too tempting for politicians to ignore.
>>
>>2586916
>The USA only accepted immigrants from white European countries until the Immigration Act of 1965.
True kinda, but wasn't it more of a quota dictating that the ratio of whites to non-whites immigrating would ensure a supermajority of whites in the nation? Still prior to 1965 it was clear that America was meant for Whites and that everyone else was merely tolerated
>>
>>2587333
Thats not the point, we don't want those immigrants to assimilate, because they won't. We want them out of our countries altogether
>>
>>2591454
what about the ones who already assimilated
>>
>>2588143
Indian nepotism. Truly a cancer to the developed world
>>
>>2589314
Wow what a great example of a trusted, competent non-Roman ruler
>>
>>2587771
>Army enlistment goes down for roman citizens
>Empire is way too large as it is
>Stumble upon the idea of making invading Germanic tribes their allies/subjects
>Give the tribes payment in the form of enourmous swathes of land in exchange for military service
>Roman society is unable to assimilate the hordes of tribesmen, and the tribals have more loyalty to their own tribe than to the Roman state
>Tribes build proto-kingdoms from their donated lands and pay little heed to Roman decrees
>Loss of land means loss of tax revenue which means they can't pay as many soldiers
>"Solve" this problem by giving away even more land instead of paying them outright
>Eventually become a rump state consisting of Italy, Northern Gaul and the Adriatic
>Be destroyed by the very same tribesmen they had employed
When the Romans ceased to be able to assimilate other cultures they rapidly collapsed. The Romans were originally much like the Borg, they took what they wanted from a conquered culture and destroyed what they didn't like. The Germanic tribes were never conquered either, they settled on Roman lands.
>>
>>2586559

United States isn't a country it's a trading outpost.
Thread posts: 246
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.