[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

World History

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: third_world_map.jpg (38KB, 550x321px) Image search: [Google]
third_world_map.jpg
38KB, 550x321px
My teacher brought up 4 things needed to Industrialize. Let's use Great Britain as an example.
1) Natural Resources (To Build and To Fuel) Historical Evidence: Iron, Sulfur, and Cotton
2) A Decently Sized Population Historical Evidence: Population of London
3) Political Stability (Needed people to organize and manage economic growth, and to create a sense of nationalism) Historical Evidence: Calico acts, Tariffs
4) Capitalist Society (Money needed to invest into the system) Historical Evidence: British East India Company
He asked "do you believe there are any countries, out there today that meet all of these requirements to industrialized, but both were and currently not developed since the Industrial revolution?"
I've done research, and I believe not as most undeveloped countries are low in Natural Resources and political unstable.
I would like to hear your opinions, and if you oppose I'd be happy to hear the country that fulfills these requirements but are not developed and evidence to prove so.
>>
>>2584849
Russia only industrialized under communism

>I've done research, and I believe not as most undeveloped countries are low in Natural Resources and political unstable.
Countries like Israel and Switzerland are first world despite no natural resources and political stability is a result of being a shithole, not the other way around
>>
Ah okay any ideas that are not developed at all TODAY and still meet all the requirements?
>>
>>2584849
>South cone, Greenland and Cuba third world.
This must be american education or bait
>>
>>2584849
>Vietnam
>Cuba
>Libya
>Iraq
>not Second World

Unless this is supposed to be the economic definition, in which case:

>Mexico
>Argentina
>Chile
>Iran
>Thailand
>Malaysia
>Singapore
>fucking Taiwan
>third world
>>
>>2584896

Most developed countries nowadays are desindustrialized and the services sector is the most important one.

And the opposite statement is also valid: most industrial output, in the classic sense of manufacture production, especially low and mid-tier technological quality production, happens in in-development-process countries. Though the capital is, in a good deal, in the hands of companies of developed countries.

As of today there's no correlation between being developed and being industrialized.

The premises are also wrong. Japan was poor af in natural resources yet it industrialized succesfully. The Soviet Union managed the most impressive massive industrialization in the shortest period of time ever and it certainly wasn't a capitalist state. Political stability doesn't factor in either as the unstable history of France in the XIX, and to a way lesser extent the USA shows, unless 'political stability' is now buzzword for 'economic concentration of capital and means of production in the hands of a number of powerful merchants and bankers riding political turmoils without themselves being significantly affected half of the time and considerably influencing politics of le happy democratic parliament the rest of the time'. As for size, let's just mention Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Andorra, Monaco, Singapore, random tiny brit/ex brit island functioning as a tax haven/money laundering paradise, etc
>>
>>2584873
>Russia only industrialized under communism

After the death of millions of small business owners, regular folks, scientific personnel, military personnel (enlisted and officer), and peasant farmers.

And this was before WWII. Nobody praising the soviets has written an interesting thing about the opportunity cost of millions of people being wiped out has...
>>
>>2585010

Turkey is first world according to that map, so it looks like a map of NATO+US mates in the Pacific= first world (and white/honorary white). Everybody else= not developed and not white.
>>
Yeah I should just stick with reddit on this one... You guys all misread what I was talking about, I just want to know if theres a country that is NOT DEVELOPED, but have a good population, good government, are capitalist, and have natural resources.
>>
>>2585171

Yes, but they did. The chinese casualty count was higher btw.

Putting things into comparative context one could always wonder how would have say, Britain, industrialized without the accumulation of capital, raping of natural resources and captive markets obtained through colonialism. And the human toll that was outsourced to the raped colonies and slaves.
>>
>>2585186

Russia
>>
>>2585186
Indonesia
>>
>>2585186
Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, South Africa, India, Indonesia, etc.
>>
>>2585010

Cuba is third world.
>>
>>2584873
>only industrialised under communism
Had ww1 not broken out it would have industrialised even sooner
>unironically using Cold War terminology in the current year
Switzerland's neutrality gave it the second best credit system, whilst Israel gets funds because reparations and American imperialism
>>
>>2584849
If you mean, to have a functioning post industrial economy.
You need:
1) Access to resources by free trade, you don't really need your own
2) A highly skilled workforce
3) A sufficient birthrate that will not loom over threatening to knock down pension systems.
4) Access to capital (be it your own accumulated or bought on the financial market)
>>
>>2584849

Only the first country to industrialise needs all those things, later countries can simply copy from the first one. Thus China industrialised without capitalism, and Scandinavia did it without large populations.
>>
>>2584873
>Russia only industrialized under communism
But that's wrong. Nicholas was industrializing Russia very quickly. In fact, most of the heavy fighting during the Civil War happened in Russia's industrialized centers simply because the conditions were shit for the proletariat in said industrialized centers.

>>2585186
Quite literally most of them. Go look at any list of "Developing" nations.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.