[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Somali history

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

We've seen the memes a hundred times before, but what do you know about the distinctive history of Somalia?
>>
>>2584603
spear chucking niggers
>>
>>2584688

They aren't niggers, they're spear chucking afroasiatics.
>>
RIGHTFUL ETHIOPIAN CLAY
also,
>only country to have a successful by the definition communist revolution
Somalia is what real Communism looks like people.
>>
>>2584603
It used to be a powerful trading center and a lot of Arabs lived there. Then some Italians and Brits took it over, some retarded wars broke out, and now it's shitty, though recently it's been getting slightly less shitty.
>>
Why did Djibouti not unite with Somalia?
>>
>>2584819
Why would you unite with an unstable state?
>>
>>2584871
Out of convenience. Similar culture and ethnic makeup.
>>
>>2584603
Ancient egyptians had a weird obession with it and kept sending expeditions there repeatedly from the 12th dynasty onwards. They called it the land of Punt, and believed gods & sea monsters occupied its lands.
>>
>>2584603
The site of Punt, allegedly.

Used to be a haven for the Red Sea-Indian Ocean trade in the 1st-5th centuries (Opone, Essina, Mosylon). After the 13th century it became the site of some very powerful sultanates and city-states (Ajuuraan, Adal, Mogadishu, Barawa). Then nothing really happened after kicking out the Portuguese in the 1600s, new sultanates were made, Oman had a hold on some of Somalia, and Italy took over. Then independence came, then communism and the Ogaden war, and R.I.P. Somalia
>>
>>2584603
They were Dago territory and then Anglo territory and now they're ancapistan.
>>
>>2585007
Somalia is not even remotely anarchist, let alone libertarian.
>>
>>2585026
They literally have no government at the moment. It's an ancap free-for-all paradise.
>>
>>2585040
They have a federal parliamentary republican government with a President.

President Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed.
>>
>>2585040
t. repeats memes as reality
>>
>>2585040
Somalis cannot do whatever they please, the entire country and its autonomous regions are under sharia law. Somalia is basically a de-centralized police state.
>>
>>2585052
>a government backed by foreign military forces and still fighting insurgents all over the map is the example of a functioning government
their federal government is still meme-tier . Fancy titles are all good and well until they clash with reality on the ground. I bet you also think DPRK is really a democratic republic.
>>
>>2585040
They just had an election.
>>
>>2584819
They voted against it.
>>
>>2584722
Not even anon.
>>
>>2585073
>they literally have no government
>their federal government is meme-tier
you just contradicted yourself in two sentences. is it so hard to just frankly admit you are speaking on a topic you know little to nothing about?
>>
File: situation in somalia 9-29.png (483KB, 1258x1600px) Image search: [Google]
situation in somalia 9-29.png
483KB, 1258x1600px
>>2584603
Somalia at one point was okay. It was not a single "country" but instead a huge area with fifty or so warlord states. They held their lands with their own customs and their own laws. When the "country" was unified it left all the people previously NEVER working together in the same boat.

Questions like: "Why the fuck should I care about those starving Ooteeii's down south when the Ungoo's up north are taking all my sheep anyway?!" popped up. All joking aside, so many obviously independent people forced to try and feed and support one another was too much. Throw in Islam and a couple of naturally occurring drought famines that normally hurt the region but are made worse when we first worlders throw money, water, and rice at them in some vain attempt to sleep at night... you get the disaster that is "Somalia"
>>
File: Bantu Niggers.jpg (58KB, 550x325px) Image search: [Google]
Bantu Niggers.jpg
58KB, 550x325px
>>
>>2585399
How exactly does the clan system work in Somalia? Are they just sub-ethnic groups that have evolved around particular cities?
>>
File: Greater Somalia.jpg (862KB, 1009x1155px) Image search: [Google]
Greater Somalia.jpg
862KB, 1009x1155px
>>2584603
Siad Barre sowed the seeds for all of the region's problems thanks to his autistic obsession with "greater" somalia
>>
Time and time again on men, I shower kindness.
If they are not satisfied, for them bedding I prepare and invite them to slumber.
If they are as yet unsatisfied, the milk of Suub, the she-camel for them thrice I milk and to them I say "come and drink".
If they are as yet unsatisfied, the ram of the homestead and the stout he-goat for them I kill.
If they are as yet unsatisfied, the Aden plate with ghee for them I fill.
If they are as yet unsatisfied, a beauteous girl complete with bridal home I offer.
If they are as yet unsatisfied, I set aside livestock which I add to the gift.
If they are as yet unsatisfied, I say "Oh brothers-in-law!" and heap salutations on them.
If they are as yet unsatisfied, at dawn I prepare the bay horse and uttering the words "praise be to the prophet" the iron-shafted spear I put in their side and through their lungs. Only then are they satisfied.
https://youtu.be/bWTuvwgWmow
https://youtu.be/sHznZOCBdW8

Prehistory includes camel domestication. Ancient history is possible Egyptian reference as Punt. Written history is mostly about sultanates.
>>
>>2584688
Somalis aren't Bantus. IIRC when humans left Ethiopia and got some neanderthal blood, a certain group became Arabs and some of those Arabs later went back across the Red Sea and became Somalis.
>>
somaliland independence when?
>>
File: Somali pirate.jpg (257KB, 2442x1832px) Image search: [Google]
Somali pirate.jpg
257KB, 2442x1832px
>>2585736
There are five major clan families. They are the traditionally nomadic Darod, Dir, Hawiye and Isaaq. They herd all kinds of live stock and find value in large herds. The sedentary Rahanweyn raise animals too, but farm for most of their food. They trade with the wanderers for various things. As time went on and all these people were forced into one single country the farmers found more and more of their food being taken by the government to feed the hungry nomads. Some clans got more food than others too. Made for conflict very quickly.
>>
>>2585875
They aren't Bantu they are native even though some claim descent from Muhammad. Sudanese Arabs and South Semitic speaking Ethiopians are have more Semitic heritage.
On the other hand it could be considered that haplogroup E1b1b is equidistant to haplogroup E1b1a as R1a is to R1b.
>>
>>2585924
Why do they keep having kids they can't feed?

Why...?
>>
>>2585924
I'm glad those pesky Chinese had their ship stolen fishing sharks only to keep the fins. I hope the same thing happens to Nipfags that try going over there.
>>
File: hunger hurts.jpg (74KB, 700x1047px) Image search: [Google]
hunger hurts.jpg
74KB, 700x1047px
>>2585935
The large family ideal is old, anon. Very very old. When you get destitute and have no education - both formal and sexual - you just... have kids. You spawn five or six children with the hopes that half will see 13. They will help tend what few animals you have. You can also hope your sons will marry the daughter of a rich guy who will give you many cows for his daughter. Or whatever wealth system that group has. Problem is.... the usual droughts and famines hit the areas in the past when the population was not so high. People got hungry.... but a village of 100 could feed themselves relatively well considering.

Now you have 1000 people living on the same land 100 used to. They get desperately hungry and violent. So, every decade or so when the droughts come we first worlders chimp out like it's something new or unexpected. Millions of dollars flow into the region... to do what? Militias use it to buy guns and arms so they can better raid each other's stockpiles of imported rice and water. If anything is built, it usually gets destroyed by extremists claiming it is a way for the West to dominate them and ruin their morals. Cuz rape and pillaging and having five kids by three wives during a famine is the high point of living
>>
>>2585952
WE WANT FINU!!

... fuck you, I'm the captain now

N-NANI?!
>>
>>2585935
Generally, because they /can/ feed them under existent conditions, but those conditions are unstable.

California can't feed itself, but that shouldn't be a problem as long as there's no civil war.
>>
File: 032.jpg (62KB, 515x388px) Image search: [Google]
032.jpg
62KB, 515x388px
>>2585875
>any black person who's not a Horner, Khoisan, or Nilo-Saharan is Bantu

Last time I checked, West Africans are no more Bantu than Italians are German. Same race, different ethnic groups. Quit calling the two the same, you stupid Somali pirate.
>>
>>2585962
>but a village of 100 could feed themselves relatively well considering.

No they'd all starve to death. Like there's many peoples with oral history over famines wiping out large areas or huge reductions.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.