[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: blonde historical figures

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: 220px-AlexanderTheGreat_Bust.jpg (13KB, 220x304px) Image search: [Google]
220px-AlexanderTheGreat_Bust.jpg
13KB, 220x304px
ITT: blonde historical figures
>>
File: Alexander_the_Great_mosaic.jpg (3MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Alexander_the_Great_mosaic.jpg
3MB, 2560x1536px
Fail.
>>
>>2583229
Blonde enough
>>
>>2583175
>>2583229
He was black tho.
>>
>>2583239
Kangs wuz gay? Naw senpai not that gay greek shit
>>
>>2583239
You're thinking of Philip. It's well known that Alexander's father wasn't actually Philip. Alexander is literally a cuck baby
>>
>>2583175
>>
>>2583175
we-wuzzing aside, what was his complexion and hair color? in terms of face, that bust is supposed to be the most accurate.

What did the Ancient Macedonians in general look like? Are there any sources? Were they more fair/blonde than the med Greeks? Are they the same as today's Macedonians?
>>
File: Bockstensmannen_.jpg (303KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Bockstensmannen_.jpg
303KB, 1280x960px
>>2584907
>>
File: bockstensmannen.hel_2.gif (611KB, 558x988px) Image search: [Google]
bockstensmannen.hel_2.gif
611KB, 558x988px
>>2584965
>>
File: alex.jpg (50KB, 746x495px) Image search: [Google]
alex.jpg
50KB, 746x495px
>>2584956
>we-wuzzing aside, what was his complexion and hair color?

Some random historian said he was fair skinned and had "tawny colored hair like a lion" (whatever that means), but that was 600 years after his death, so it's not like it's a 100% reliable description. This mosaic is much more contemporary, it was made 200 years after his death: >>2583229

>in terms of face, that bust is supposed to be the most accurate

Actually, he had a much manlier looking face than that. Pic related. Those busts where he looks like a prettyboy where made after his deification based on Helios.
>>
>>2583229

thats a mural from a thousand odd years after his death. His contemporaries described him as blond
>>
>>2585025
Not true. See the post above.
>>
>>2585042
By the way, you might be mistaken to think the description originates from Callisthenes, an actual contemporary of Alexander, but it was some random guy in the the 3th-4th century that wrote about that: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Callisthenes

>A quantity of the more legendary material coalesced into a text known as the Alexander Romance, the basis of all the Alexander legends of the Middle Ages, originated during the time of the Ptolemies, but in its present form belongs to the 3rd century AD. Its author is usually known as pseudo-Callisthenes, although in the Latin translation by Julius Valerius Alexander Polemius (beginning of the 4th century) it is ascribed to a certain Aesopus; Aristotle, Antisthenes, Onesicritus and Arrian have also been credited with the authorship.
>>
>>2585025
>>2583175
There are no ancient sources describing him as blonde. Fair, yes. If we're going to be as accurate as possible >>2585004 sums it up perfectly.

Alexander himself said Lysippos was the only sculptor fit to represent him so that bust is the probably the most accurate representation of what he might have looked like. Bare in mind that other sculptures of Alexander were meant to depict him as a God, Lysippos may indeed had intended to do so, but the bust is too humanly and natural to tell. Straying away from the topic of hair color for a moment, the overall facial structure amazes me in this sculpture because it could literally pass as a sculpture of my step-dad who is from Macedonia (with the exception of the medium length hair). Could post a pic if you guys would like.

Back to the topic of the hair though. In my opinion, I think the lion mane definition is good; light brown or medium red. His hair could have very well darkened as he aged.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.