[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone else suffering constantly due to an absence of any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: annoyed_alien.jpg (11KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
annoyed_alien.jpg
11KB, 251x242px
Is anyone else suffering constantly due to an absence of any simple and flawless philosophy of how to act during every moment, while considering all time frames? I can cope with not knowing about God or life after death. But feeling guilty about all my actions and hyper analysing everything is plaguing me. I analyse both my actions and the psychology of my actions, so I am double cucked.

Shall I read one book at a time or multiple books and why? If it's one, then I may get bored and remember it less. The time between starting and finishing it will be less compared to the other case so I may remember it less in the long term. Or maybe focusing on one book will help me remember it more. But maybe I'll have to force myself to read through boredom at times...

Shall I go to the gym tomorrow and then do those chores I've been putting off? Or go to the gym later and make sure I do the chores first so I don't avoid them all day? But this is like admitting I have no willpower. But maybe I do have willpower at the time and choose not to do the chores...

I could go on you get the picture. Infinite variables and I want to optimise for everything. And there are infinite bullshit artists telling you to optimise for variable X even while they break their own stupid rules all the time.

And of course I know there is no answer. But I can't act like there's no answer, I may as well roll dice to make every decision. But maybe if...
>>
Wow OP, you sound like a huge faggot.
>>
>>2579309

First you need to realize that none of that stuff matters at all, in any time scale. Going to the gym, what book to read ect. You can do those things if they bring you pleasure and help you, but they are meaningless in the cosmic sense. The universe does not revolve around you. You have placed yourself at the center of the universe because that's where you are viewing it from. But that's an illusion. You are an autistic screeching ape on a minor planet of an ordinary star, one of billions two thirds of the way out towards the edge of a standard spiral galaxy in a universe filled with billions of other galaxies. There is absolutely nothing important about anything about any of this. The stars, the mountains, how many books you read, and weather or not anyone else cares. There is not enough time for you to think enough thoughts to be satisfied that you have it all right or have figured it all out.

You feel like all that stuff, every decision and choice matters because you think that you matter. But the truth is, you don't matter. Not any more than anybody else. Not any more than any other thing in this universe. All the stars and trees and books and mountains and people all shitting and fucking and laughing and toiling away life. Every thing that exists is as meaningless as you. Let this free you from your fear that you have to keep up and do everything right to be the best you can. Try as you might, you are not more important than anything else in the universe. Instead of worrying about your place in it all, understand that your existence connects you to all else that exists on an equal playing field of meaninglessness. This book, that concert, that girl, that shirt, this hour, that day, this dream, that nightmare. Stop worrying about it all. Let it exist. Let yourself exist. Make your choices free from the worry of consequence because there are none in the cosmic timescale. Eat a chocolate chip cookie, play with a warm puppy, watch the sun rise and set
>>
Matthew 5:43-48 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be children of your Father in heaven; for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the righteous and on the unrighteous. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet only your brothers and sisters, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
>>
>>2579473
Or you could try talking to OP like a human being instead of a bible pasta bot.
>>
>>2579490
Hatred is never overcome by hatred, only by love is hatred overcome, this is the timeless truth.
>>
>>2579309
I have satisfying answers to this stuff. it's just that you aren't really made to understand them.

I'm not saying it's super transcendental or something, just that people in general are pretty stupid.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.