[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw people still think the mind is located inside the skull

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: andyclark.jpg (273KB, 750x796px) Image search: [Google]
andyclark.jpg
273KB, 750x796px
>mfw people still think the mind is located inside the skull
>>
What mechanism connects the electrical activity of the brain tissue with the True mind (wherever it exists)?
>>
>>2579136
>>2579150

samefag
>>
>>2579150
Maybe it's nit far from the skull. Maybe at the nape of the neck?
>>
>>2579136
Yeah it's in the large intestine pharaoh Allah told me.
>>
>>2579159
hi, OP here. I did not send that first reply.
>>
>>2579136

Smart man. Reminds me of something Alan Watts said... to paraphrase: we think of our skin as separating "us" from "not us", but if I cut your legs off you can still survive, but if I get rid of the atmosphere, you will die. So why do you think that your legs are more part of you than the atmosphere is?

The answer, probably, is that my legs have my nerves in them. But indeed it is true that there is no good logical reason to consider any given material boundary in the universe as being the "true" boundary between me and not-me.
>>
>>2579503
It would be extremely painful
>>
>>2579150

well you totally missed the point. The mind is not located inside your skull because its a process that extends outside of your body, clearly. Its also involves your whole body
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.