[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Black Death

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: dipinto-peste-nera.jpg (92KB, 650x418px) Image search: [Google]
dipinto-peste-nera.jpg
92KB, 650x418px
Is it possible that a pandemic on the scale of this bad boy happens again?
>>
yes, but only if it is resistant to antibiotics
>>
>>2575918

Sure, if a particularly nasty virus broke out. Technically speaking if a virus was bad enough pretty much all of mankind could be eliminated.
>>
>>2575918
Considering the viruses that gey stronger and more resistant to antibiotics everyday, then there's a possibility this could happen. However, it would struggle in widely distributed first world countries (i.e. North America and Australia), and may have trouble beginning in overpopulated shitholes as they have little access to anti-biotics.
>>
>>2575934
>Viruses
>Antibiotics
WTF am I reading?
>>
>>2575934
>viruses that get stronger and more resistant to antibiotics
>viruses
>resistant to antibiotics
>viruses
>antibiotics
tippity toppity fucking keke
>>
>>2575934

>viruses
>antibiotics

Kek.
>>
File: brain_malfunction.jpg (34KB, 418x475px) Image search: [Google]
brain_malfunction.jpg
34KB, 418x475px
>>2575934
>virus
>antibiotics
>>
>>2575934
Since you dont understand science let me assist you.
Antibiotics are substances that makes it very hard for bacteria to survive. Enough of it and the bacteria gets wiped out. Viruses aren't alive, antibiotics won't do jack shit to them.
The only way to combat really combat the virus is with the body's natural immune system.
>>
>>2575918

It has. The recent bird flu pandemic reached far more people then the black plague ever did. We are just better at dealing with it nowadays.

The main problem with most historic plagues was the lack of hygiene and proper medical care. Combine that with people livng in close quarters in a city, and you are basically asking for half your population to die.
While any disease capable of causing a modern pandemic is bound to be much worse, the fact that we keep everything clean, know how sicknesses are transmitted, and have dedicated people to treat, care for and if neccesary quarantine patients (not to mention bury them properly) will lessen the impact on society immensely.
>>
>>2576002
who dis
>>
>>2576154
or with vaccines if we are thinking ahead
that stuff they cutting down on in the USA
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.