[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: t3_5yza0b.gif (879KB, 245x214px) Image search: [Google]
t3_5yza0b.gif
879KB, 245x214px
What could be the historical origin of the technical class? To be more specific, technical class as in a group of people whose livelihoods and status are based on the creation of technology and its maintenance.
>>
>>2575293
agriculture
>>
Shamanism
>>
>>2575295
This. Once a population can be sustained by the work of a small segment of it the rest of the population can then start to devote their time into a particular skill.
>>
>>2575295

This was my gut reaction, but it seemed to persist as the sole dominant technology for so long that I wouldn't say that those that took part in it were part of a technical class. Those that really developed it seem few and far between enough to not constitute a persistent class of people.

To me a true technical class focuses on the innovation and rapid development of technologies, and from what I can tell agriculture doesn't fit into this umbrella until quite late in its history.
>>
>>2575316
Human curiosity is the origin of the 'technical class'. Agriculture is part of the 'technical class'.
>>
>>2575293
>What could be the historical origin of the technical class? To be more specific, technical class as in a group of people whose livelihoods and status are based on the creation of technology and its maintenance.
THESE EXISTED YOU IDIOTS THEY'RE CALLED SKILLED LABORERS YOU FUCKWITS.

ARTISANS N SHIET.

AND FROM THERE ENGINEERING, ARCHITECTURE, SHIPWRIGHTS, BLACKSMITHS, WHATEVER.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.