[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So who do we think the greatest orators of all time were/are?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: M-T-Cicero.jpg (469KB, 709x953px) Image search: [Google]
M-T-Cicero.jpg
469KB, 709x953px
So who do we think the greatest orators of all time were/are?
>>
Unironically Hitler
>>
>>2575130
Think he was better than Napoleon? Nap had a pretty strong second act after his exile.
>>
File: 64618_pindar_05.jpg?w=800&h=667.jpg (160KB, 800x667px) Image search: [Google]
64618_pindar_05.jpg?w=800&h=667.jpg
160KB, 800x667px
Pindar.

Guy starts ranting about the history of gods and civilizations and somehow manages to tie it in to how some guy did a good job at the Olympics.

That's a fucking gift.
>>
>>2575149
Did he perform the works himself?
>>
>>2575220
Most of the time yeah, and sometimes he had music and choreographic accompaniment. Dude was a rockstar. He would even toot his own horn in the middle of an ode on occasion.
>>
Definitely Pericles.He managed to be elected again and again in a city-state that would ostracize even the greatest of their men because of something unimportant.They also dragged each other to court all fucking day long for no real reason, hence the term Sycophant.So being able to rule Athens for so long without being ostracized,assassinated,poisoned,dragged to court falsely, is a pure indication to how good of an orator he was.
A small sample of his greatness

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pericles'_Funeral_Oration
>>
>>2575249
Ha, that's pretty entertaining. From what I'm reading about him, everyone seemed to think he was the shit. Good pull throwing this dude's name out there.
>>
>>2575121
Donald J. Trump
>>
>>2575268
Ah yeah, I've read Thucydides' History of the Pelopponesian War. Didn't think about this guy though, good call. Dude was a serious operator.
>>
>>2575276
Not sure if you're serious, but I don't think he rates up there even in the upper-middle of greatest of all time. He didn't even get that many Americans on side. It's easy to preach to the choir once someone reaches a certain proficiency of speech making. I meant more people who could persuade others who were not already necessarily aligned with their point of view.
>>
File: 1481855396366.png (40KB, 756x760px) Image search: [Google]
1481855396366.png
40KB, 756x760px
>>
>>2575121
Cicero absolutely destroyed Sardinians
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.