[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do Japanese people number their children?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Why do Japanese people number their children?
>>
>>2574807
it helps you to remember you have a child when you come home after 18 hours of torment as a salaryman so you don't throw yourself in front of a train for at least two more hours
>>
>the 1st
>IV
>the turd

you tell me
>>
Why Romans?
>>
>>2574807
Generally, the number names are used in families that carry weight with their family names.

It doesn't matter what the individuals name may be, what you will address and respect is the family name they carry.

The numbers shit helped instill in the individual that they were not in fact an individual, but apart of a family with prestige that demanded you to think first of the family and then yourself.

There is also some obscure thing about branch families involving numbers, but that shit is a lot more complex than european branch families.
>>
>>2574885
Ok, then explain why number names aren't common in other countries with last name emphasis, i.e., china, korea.
>>
>>2575056
japan is wholly unique in many ways compared to others in the far east, anon. You cannot just compare them to mainland countries, they are far too culturally independent.

I told you too there was another obscure reason that has to do with how they handle branch families.

Maybe the mainlanders different dialects in the beginning prevented number names from making sense, while the japs dialectic changes are not so severe that they cannot be understood.
>>
>>2575083
>Maybe the mainlanders different dialects in the beginning prevented number names from making sense, while the japs dialectic changes are not so severe that they cannot be understood.
Chink here, if you put numbers in our names it sounds dumb as fuck.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.