[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cleaning a memorial in Bosnia?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5

File: Flag_of_SFR_Yugoslavia.svg.png (17KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_SFR_Yugoslavia.svg.png
17KB, 1280x640px
>browsing AtlasObscura through the Balkans because I'm a nerd
>notice there's a cemetery in Bosnia to the WWII Yugoslavian partisans that's almost abandoned

I'm stationed in the UK (I'm military) and I've got a mild interest in history, but seeing a military cemetery like this -- any military cemetery to any army -- makes me pretty mad. Is there some way to find out who owns it, or who I should contact to find approval to bring a portable pressure washer? I'd love to take a week of leave and see this place sparkling white again, I'm an Eagle Scout with some experience in public projects.

Who knows, maybe some fellow Europeans could decide on a time some months down the road (work is busy now learning my job) and we could do this together?
>>
>>2571694
>more info

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partisan_Memorial_Cemetery_in_Mostar

Wouldn't this look amazing if it were cleaned? It's mostly pressure washing.
>>
File: seig heil.png (2MB, 1032x768px) Image search: [Google]
seig heil.png
2MB, 1032x768px
Here's some pictures of it. I figure the first place to go would be the official Bosnia tourism website, maybe their embassy. If anyone has any experience I'd love the input. I figure it might actually get pricey to pay for all the water, the memorial is actually very big.
>>
File: 1490225999428.jpg (77KB, 480x960px) Image search: [Google]
1490225999428.jpg
77KB, 480x960px
I don't think Momcilo Krasnejevic and Mujo Mujinovic would take too kindly to a Brit shit Dillie dallying about communist monuments. Be careful.
>>
>>2571731
I thought this whole Balkan war criminals thing was mostly a meme that died about 10 years ago. Why would anyone care if I cleaned some marble and concrete?
>>
>>2571856

Koreans, Chinese and Japanese have fist fights over things that happened 100 and 500 years ago and split hairs over small historical details.

You think people get over history quickly?
>>
>>2571856
I don't think anyone would mind, if you cleaned it.
In regards to the other statement. Yes, we're all full of crypto fascists and crypto commies alike. Mostly because nothing was resolved and no one is happy with the outcome (except the Croats, they got most of what they wanted, but they'll still build monuments to nazis in front of concentration camp monuments).
>>
File: 1490628305528.jpg (59KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
1490628305528.jpg
59KB, 655x527px
Is this a subtle troll thread? Is there really someone out there who thinks they can waltz into a memorial commemorating communists in a country that suffered a brutal ethno nationalist war only two decades ago to power wash it all by themselves over a two week holiday? Is this real life?
>>
>>2572010
desu I don't know much about the history of the Balkans at all, seeing a military cemetery like that just gives me feels
>>
>>2572041
It has less to do with history per se and more the idea of a foreigner single handedly power washing a neglected cemetery that the locals themselves don't seem to care for.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.