[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Tuchman the greatest American Historian of all time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Tuchman-portrait.jpg (23KB, 335x401px) Image search: [Google]
Tuchman-portrait.jpg
23KB, 335x401px
Was Tuchman the greatest American Historian of all time?
>>
No, she was a biased Jewess and probably a communist spy too.
>>
>>2569260

>biased

how so?
>>
>>2569251
The fact that she worked from secondary sources instead of archives disqualifies her.
>>
>>2569251
>female
>Jew
>American
Have a guess.
>>
>>2569251
she got lots of people into history but she's basically a high-middle brow pop historian (which again, is not a bad thing). she did spread some misconceptions though about wwi and the middle ages
>>
>>2569373
Yes?
>>
>>2569389
>she did spread some misconceptions though about wwi and the middle ages

14th Century, perhaps, but what misconceptions of WWI did she spread?
>>
>>2569373

>>/pol/
>>/int/
>>
>>2569549
dunno, i've heard guns of august was unnecessarily harsh on the central powers and too forgiving of the entente powers.
>>
>>2569365

Guns of August and A Distant Mirror both have extensive primary source research done.

There's nothing wrong with working with both primary and secondary.
>>
FREDERICK TURNER JACKSON IS THE ONLY ANSWER
>>
>>2569251
I read Distant Mirror and Guns of August and loved them, very readable and engaging.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.