[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

cognitive relativism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 535435.png (448KB, 496x515px) Image search: [Google]
535435.png
448KB, 496x515px
somebody help me understand, I'm struggling
>>
File: 1489918463075.png (47KB, 500x430px) Image search: [Google]
1489918463075.png
47KB, 500x430px
bump
>>
give me a brief summary
>>
>>2568389
from what I've read so far, basically the concept of "truth" is held in the same regards as the concept of "morality" as far as moral relativism goes, in that truth-value is held within context of an individual or social perspective, and I believe that supra-sense perception objectivity does not exist within this view.

I've done some reading on it and I feel like I have all of the pieces but can't figure out how they fit together, hoping someone can hold my hand a little bit who knows what they are talking about. I wouldn't care much, but from my understanding cognitive relativism is gaining a lot of traction in professional academia.
>>
>>2568577
Seem like a slippery slope. After all, if you tell someone something and the flat out lie about it knowing it's a lie than no way it's the truth.
>>
File: 4245.png (182KB, 481x511px) Image search: [Google]
4245.png
182KB, 481x511px
bump
>>
Basically this
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anekantavada
Pragmatic truth is the only way to go, if you follow evolution, you know we evolved cognition from interacting with the world around us, and that evolution doesn't have to be accurate it just needs to continue.but we do know what we are capable of discerning is sign of objective reality, and truth of the interpretant can be reasoned. What the interpretant is depends on interaction with the same world as evolution, as cognition devolps from information being sensed from the external world, it can be reasoned in terms of our sensation of the external world.
>>
>>2568577
Look up group think.
>>
>>2569868
truth being composed of points of view suffers from the problem of being dependent on beings with points of view, though. if there were no conscious beings, there would be no truths by such a definition.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.