[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Medes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Median_empire_map.png (14KB, 250x142px) Image search: [Google]
Median_empire_map.png
14KB, 250x142px
Whenever people talk about great Middle East civilization they rarely mention this empire, why?
>>
>>2566838
>literally who
>>
All these Persian empires with different names are too confusing for me.
>>
>>2566838
>Medes
>Meme

That's why
>>
>>2566838
They never got a clearly differentiated entity of the areas they controlled as the achaemenids did
>>
>>2566843
They're not Persian Empires.

There was never a Persian empire either.

The west consists of lazy white monkeys, the correct term is "Iranian empires". Eranshahr means "The Iranian Empire". Persians are Iranians, but Iranians are not Persians. Medes are Iranians, but Iranians are not Medes. Similar to how Swedes are Germanics but Germanics aren't Swedes. Get it?
>>
>>2566875
You try too hard, but thanks.
>>
>>2566884
Okay buddy. I guess you refer the Roman Empire as the "Italian empire"?
>>
>>2566907
not that i call it this, but to get your point across youd be calling it the latin empire.
>>
>>2566838
Pulling an image from Wikiapedia doesnt give your thread too much hope either OP.

the reason most people dont consider it an empire is because its in overshadowed by the Assyrian empire and the Achameid "Persian" empire.
>>
>>2566924
Rome was the principal Latin city, and in any case Latins are only one of the ethnic groups of Italy.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ancient_Italic_peoples#List
The point is that other Iranian people dominated, and the rivalry/power dynamics between Medes and Persians in particular has been a topic of discussion since classical times.
>>
File: cyrus.jpg (376KB, 800x1430px) Image search: [Google]
cyrus.jpg
376KB, 800x1430px
Nice empire you've got there.
>>
>>2566967

thanks
>>
>>2566875

then where the the medes now? Swedes and Germans still exist
>>
File: sda.jpg (35KB, 663x340px) Image search: [Google]
sda.jpg
35KB, 663x340px
>>2568589
Turk LARPers or Tats and Talysh

since the last remnant of Medes was called Atropatene, which was either a vassal to different Empires or self-ruling state in modern NW.Iran
and it so happens to be the ancient name of Azerbaijan, in which the people of the modern Iranian region there used to speak an ancient Iranian-language called Adhari/Azari that some linguistic scholars relate to ancient Median before they got TURK'D. however pockets survived of the language and would become the Tati/Talysh dialects

inconsequently cause of this, Kurds have started to bandwagon as being the ancestors of the Medes since the actually people who could claim it are too busy playing as Mehmets and couldn't give a fuck anyways
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.