[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Favourite British Monarch? Pic related. Tragically misunderstood

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

Favourite British Monarch?

Pic related. Tragically misunderstood by history
>>
>>2566210
George V was pretty cool.

Also I had a crush on Anne of Great Britain when I was a kid in history class.
>>
File: 1474342024295.jpg (53KB, 680x441px) Image search: [Google]
1474342024295.jpg
53KB, 680x441px
Henry VIII. No doubt.

Well read, man of the people, didn't take shit from no one. Also composed some good music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YcDFOu6qWw
>>
File: Charles II.jpg (29KB, 344x480px) Image search: [Google]
Charles II.jpg
29KB, 344x480px
>>2566210
>tfw you bumble around for years, partying and pretending to be King and then the fuckers actually invite you back to become King and you bumble around as king and manage to do alright so everybody thinks you're a champion of the people
truly /ourguy/
>>
big fan of King Arthur
>>
>>2567015
Only right answer
>>
>>2566210
James II
>>
File: Anne.jpg (2MB, 2563x4001px) Image search: [Google]
Anne.jpg
2MB, 2563x4001px
>>2566370
cute
>>
>>2566210

If it isn't George III you're wrong.
>Year 1 of his reign, buys Buckingham Palace for the misses.
>60 year reign sees the ascent of the UK from a mere contender on the European stage to the first global hegemony.
>First genuinely assimilated Hanoverian, mild mannered - most appropriate incarnation of the spirit of England desu.
I mean think about it lads, he begins his reign in the seven years war and dies after Napoleon - who, we should remember dies on his island in the custody of his navy after surrendering to him TWICE!
>Interesting Reign in which the monarchy isn't entirely emasculated but calmly cedes more authority to parliament, including accepting an annual "salary" in exchange for giving up some basically feudal powers. He would pick prime-ministers when the commons got it wrong which caused constitutional tension but not his usurpation.
>Goes Nebuchadnezzar tier insane from time to time - for some reason this is fine and his abdication is not even considered in earnest even when he's a full blown bedlamite, talking to trees, not shaving, and crying all the time.
>Proliferates in a way that is appropriate for a good king.

> "I am born for the happiness or misery of a great nation," he wrote, "and consequently must often act contrary to my passions."

He's the enlightened monarch they don't talk about desu.
>>
>>2566417
Yup

Inhumanly based
>>
>>2566210
Henry V

kills frenchies s hard that they are forced to recognise him as the heir too the french throne.

sadly he then got dysentry and his infant son and his regents werent able to fight as effectively against a reinvigorated french resistance and lost the war.

but the dysentry wasnt his fault, it was after all one of the great killers of the time and certainly killed more sldiers than battle ever did.
>>
>>2567820
Too bad he got so senile in his later years he wasn't aware of Napoleon's defeat.
>>
>>2566370
queen anne was pretty obese during her reign though
>>
>>2567820
>>2568714
it wasn't even geniune mental illness but the symptoms of a blood condition known as porphyria, which wasn't known at the time
>>
Henry IV is both best and criminally underrated
>>
File: 1487905134225.jpg (50KB, 620x416px) Image search: [Google]
1487905134225.jpg
50KB, 620x416px
The Victorian era was so comfy
>>
File: 1378007-vic8.jpg (206KB, 822x966px) Image search: [Google]
1378007-vic8.jpg
206KB, 822x966px
>>
George V my favourite by far
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.