[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ferdinand Feels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

The assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand is so sad when you think about it. He had 3 kids and his last words were begging his wife not to die. According to Count von Harrach it went like this:
>As the car quickly reversed, a thin stream of blood spurted from His Highness's mouth onto my right cheek
>As I was pulling out my handkerchief to wipe the blood away from his mouth, the Duchess cried out to him, "For God's sake! What has happened to you?"
>At that she slid off the seat and lay on the floor of the car, with her face between his knees.
>I had no idea that she too was hit and thought she had simply fainted with fright.
>Then I heard His Imperial Highness say, "Sophie, Sophie, don't die. Stay alive for the children!"
>At that, I seized the Archduke by the collar of his uniform, to stop his head dropping forward and asked him if he was in great pain.
>He answered me quite distinctly, "It is nothing!"
>His face began to twist somewhat but he went on repeating, six or seven times, ever more faintly as he gradually lost consciousness, "It's nothing!"
>Then came a brief pause followed by a convulsive rattle in his throat, caused by a loss of blood.This ceased on arrival at the governor's residence.
>The two unconscious bodies were carried into the building where their death was soon established
>>
Gavrilo did NOTHING wrong
>>
File: youknowwhatitis.jpg (21KB, 1100x1200px) Image search: [Google]
youknowwhatitis.jpg
21KB, 1100x1200px
>>
Serves him right, he trusted the Slavs.
>>
File: Wojak.png (9KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
Wojak.png
9KB, 645x773px
>>2565795
>>Then I heard His Imperial Highness say, "Sophie, Sophie, don't die. Stay alive for the children!"
>>
Apparently Gavrilo didn't even want to shoot the Duchess, she just kind off got into way. Also the assasination was random as fuck, the initial plan was to throw a bomb on the motorcade.
>>
>>2565800
Take that back you fucmking filthy SLAV
>>
>>2565805
>Franz Ferdinand driving the car
>Princip pushed to pull the trigger by some demonic furry
REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>2565911
killing germans is ALWAYS good
>inb4 austrians are not german
they are
>>
>>2565795
>wanted to give south Slavs a state to curb Magyar power
>possibility of federalization
>the strongest advocate of peace in Austria-Hungary
Goodnight, sweet prince. He was too pure for this world.
>>
File: gavriloJUST.jpg (51KB, 388x379px) Image search: [Google]
gavriloJUST.jpg
51KB, 388x379px
fuck ferdinand and fuck austrian people
>>
>>2566186

This is the true tragedy. Ferdinand was the greatest friend any of the minority populations within Austria-Hungary, or the countries around it had. And then he gets killed by some fucking boy of a man who thinks he's doing the right thing.
>>
File: SadMuricanPepe.jpg (16KB, 212x238px) Image search: [Google]
SadMuricanPepe.jpg
16KB, 212x238px
>>2565795
>gets shot
>says, "It's nothing" like the badass he was
>tfw I would've cried like a little bitch if I was shot

Even though I'm a commoner from Burgerland, I humbly revere this aristocrat: for he had a noble heart, unlike me.
>>
>>2565795
You know it is like that for every great historical figure : We often forget how all of them were men of blood and flesh, how they probably all cried when they were children, laughed with friends, and were scared when death came for them.
>>
File: 1488149382209.png (268KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1488149382209.png
268KB, 800x800px
>>2566239
What's the greatest physical pain you have ever endured in your life and how did you react to it?
>>
>>2566239
You son of a bitch, we're supposed to disdain nobility here, not idolize it. You goddamn disgrace for a burger.

Regardless it's still sad when two people who love each other get shot. Though honestly it might have been sadder if only one of them survived.
>>
>>2566203
Same with Tsar Alexander II. As liberal as a Tsar could get at those times. Slavs kill him, they get a tyrant that goes all medieval on their asses instead. Why are slavs like this why do they constantly sabotage themselves.
>>
>>2566248
Well, I don't ever remember a time when I didn't cry when faced with the adversity of great pains.

So I probably would've cried if shot by Gavrilo's pistol.
>>
If Franz, Alexander II, and Frederick II hadn't died early, could WW1 have been prevented?
>>
>[Sophie] could never share [Franz Ferdinand's] rank ... could never share his splendours, could never even sit by his side on any public occasion. There was one loophole ... his wife could enjoy the recognition of his rank when he was acting in a military capacity. Hence, he decided, in 1914, to inspect the army in Bosnia. There, at its capital Sarajevo, the Archduke and his wife could ride in an open carriage side by side ... Thus, for love, did the Archduke go to his death.

>>2566186
Wasn't that the point though? I thought they saw him as especially dangerous to their cause because the Serbs in the Empire probably wouldn't bother to revolt under him.
>>
>>2566252
There's a reason they're nobles and not regular people. They're simply better than us.

Can't you just accept that America is an abomination? All countries were meant to be ruled by their hereditary royal peers not by greedy business magnates influencing a democracy.

I wish I wasn't American because of this fact. And I will idolize any monarch no matter how crazy they maybe, it is 100 times better than being ruled by retards and companies.

I would trade my citizenship for a European country any day.
>>
>>2566301
hnnnnnng good job you are actually rustling me right now
>>
File: EternalYankee.jpg (78KB, 324x250px) Image search: [Google]
EternalYankee.jpg
78KB, 324x250px
>>2566317
I was kidding of course.
:^)
>>
>>2566301
>I would trade my citizenship for a European country any day.
But Euros are in the same boat now. The surviving monarchs in Europe only have soft power as advisors and spokespeople. The real power is held by parliaments, which are to a greater or lesser extent influenced by corporations and public ignorance.
>>
File: USflag.gif (26KB, 500x263px) Image search: [Google]
USflag.gif
26KB, 500x263px
>>2566327
I know, which is why I said I was kidding. Or memeing, as this site prefers.

The time of monarchs has passed, and the age of liberalism is now triumphant and no amount of autistic fits will ever bring it back into existence.

America in itself, is an experimental accomplishment. Crafted by the Founding Fathers from certain elements of different European countries, especially Britain. But democracy in itself did not let it persevere, but rather for the most part, the word of law, did.

If it weren't for the Constitution, this place would be another Cuckada tbqh. I am quite grateful for it and it is why I also love America.
>>
>>2566359
To be honest sometimes I wish nobility was more of a thing in the rest of the world, so there'd be something to contrast America with.

It's no fun being all anti-king when there's like two kings left with any real power.

Guess that's why we moved onto commies.
>>
>>2565948
>daemonic furry
>implying it's wrong to kill a man who killed so many innocent animals
>>
>>2566386
There are no gommies left tho. And we've cucked many countries for the sake of defeating gommunism.

Really the only hegemon left to contend with is Chyna but they aren't rly gommie nowadays.
>>
>>2566285
Source for this please so I can cry at the truth
>>2566255
It's moreso the fault of post revolution philosophy, I.E. nationalism and nihilism
>>
>>2566267
Eh Wilhelm wanted a world war, and another Balkan war was coming, so basically blame Wilhelm for escalating the situation first to war, and then to world war
>Alexander II
the german top brass thought war was needed with Russia now before it inudstriliasied, at which point they would be more industrialised than Germany making Russia the indisputable world power. So if Alexander II had lived they would have industrialised faster leading to the Germans being scared earlier. In conclusion, it could have gone either way
>Frederick the great
He died at 60 or something, so I assume you mean Freidrick III, predecessor to Wilhelm II. We know he wouldn't have kicked Bismarck out, there would be closer ties to Britain due to his marriage with Victoria. He would have renewed the pact of the three emperors with Russia certainly, however Europe might have stayed with a Austro-Frank alliance vs a Prusso-Anglo alllaince. In conclusion certainly an interesting alt history
>>
>>2566359
>monarchy has passed
Even communist republics failed on creating true equality, a hierarchy is the natural order of humanity, it is upon man's initiative to change his place
>>
>>2566392
T. This was modern guy
>>
>>2566392
T. This was modern war guy
>>
>>2566392
T. Indy Neidel
>>
It's even worse when you consider Franz and Sophie went to Sarajevo to stay away from Habsburg family because they didn't approve of their marriage.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.