[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he the greatest leader who ever lived?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Lee_Kuan_Yew.jpg (256KB, 618x824px) Image search: [Google]
Lee_Kuan_Yew.jpg
256KB, 618x824px
>>
No.
>>
Nah
>>
>>2565624
>>2565672
Whitebois detected

Yew brought forth a first world state in the space of a generation which is revered across the world with the lowest crime and highest gdp per capitas

WTF have you KEKS done?
>>
>>2565676
Not that impressive considering what Singapore is you child.
>>
Yes
>http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-03-24/lee-kuan-yew-warned-australia-could-be-the-white-trash-of-asia/6342578
>>
>>2565683
>Not that impressive

LMAO, this cuckold actually thinks it's THAT easy to create a successful economy and state

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
>>
>>2565676
>Whitebois
Western ""Asian"" detected
Reminder that real Asians hate you and don't think you're real Asians
>>
>>2565694
I'm actually white myself, I'm just not stupid enough to think it's easy to build a successful state
>>
>>2565676
He was a good leader and I have a lot of respect for him, but don't lose sight of the fact that his "state" was just ONE FUCKING CITY.

There are plenty of countries out there with capital cities that you could consider basically 1st world despite the rest of the country being backwards shitholes. We don't praise their leaders for being able to not fuck up one single city. In LKY's case one city was all he had to work with.

Who knows if he would have been as successful if he'd been working with a much larger country of 15-30+ million.
>>
>>2565702
All Lee Kuan yew was listen to his advisors for everything since asides from law since he was a lawyer he had some pretty synonym-of -cringe tier understanding of things.
>>
>>2565691
Britain set up most of it up since they ate solely the reason Singapore existed in the first place. Also one of the busiest ports on earth so big bonus there.
>>
>>2565724
>All Lee Kuan yew was listen to his advisors for everything

If that was the case then why don't western governments do just as well from listening to their advisers?

>>2565733
Britbong mad that singapore seceded
>>
>>2565556
Not any more than Mori Arinori or Ataturk.

LKY's accomplishments are noteworthy but not of vital significance. What he did was to turn an exploited third world country into an exploitative first world country. Rather than try to find an equitable path for development, he ensured that Singapore would join the ranks of the big boys by becoming part of the capitalist-imperialist avant garde. In doing so, he brought Singapore once more under the heel of western capitalism, albeit in a less humiliating position than the city had been during the British period.
>>
>>2565749
But they do though
>>
>>2565749
Coz his advisers were GOAT, and when all of his first cabinet left LKY in 1980s he wasn't as great anymore
>>
>>2565930
And LKY then got surrounded by yes men.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.