[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tower of Babel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

Why did it fall?

Was it yhwh?
>>
>>2561321
jew propaganda
>>
>>2561321
it's a metaphor
>>
Some real loud horn blowers or something.
>>
>>2561340
>bible spends literally entire books tracing the genealogies of people, including jesus, all the way back to adam
>metaphor
>>
>>2561508
You're thinking of Jericho.
>>
Seriously though..

Does anyone know what happened to these enormous structures?

Was it Islam?

Natural erosion?

??
>>
>>2561717
Read the book of Jasher.
>>
"...and the Lord knew their thoughts, and it came to pass when they were building they cast the arrows toward the heavens, and all the arrows fell upon them filled with blood, and when they saw them they said to each other, Surely we have slain all those that are in heaven."

"And as to the tower which the sons of men built, the earth opened its mouth and swallowed up one third part thereof, and a fire also descended from heaven and burned another third, and a third part is left to this day, and it is of that part which was aloft, and its circumference is three days walk." As for the height: "And when they were building they built themselves a great city and a very high and strong tower; and on account of its height the mortar and bricks did not reach the builders in their ascent to it, until those who went up had completed a full year, and after that, they reached to the builders and gave them the mortar and the bricks; thus was it done daily."

The birth of different cultures and languages was born when God scattered the people from this location.
They took Nimrod's paganism with them. This is why the Roman, Greek and Egyptian pantheons are so similar. They have the same origins.
>>
>>2561747
>Surely we have slain all those that are in heaven

this is very similar to the gog and magog story
>The people will resort to strongholds. And, Gog and Magog will throw their arrows towards the sky. When they come back to them stained with what looks like blood, they will say: ‘We have defeated the people on earth and those in the heavens'
>>
>>2561321
Natural disasters and war tend to have that effect on buildings.

A great many ancient structures didn't survive the test of those two factors.
>>
>>2561321
It's an allegory for religious difference. The tower represents mans quest for the divine but God "confused our tongue" meaning that our religious interpretations were confused. That's why you have different religions and spiritualities in the world.
>>
>>2561321
Genesis 11:4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.

5 And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.

6 And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

8 So the Lord scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.

9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the Lord did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the Lord scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth

8 Therefore wait ye upon me, saith the Lord, until the day that I rise up to the prey: for my determination is to gather the nations, that I may assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them mine indignation, even all my fierce anger: for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy.

Zephaniah 3:9 For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the Lord, to serve him with one consent.

https://youtu.be/OdLtIdsQOws
>>
The ziggurats that influenced the story were simply abandoned as were their cities, then nature took its role.

The tallest of all, Etemenanki was ruinious but standing at tiem of Alexander, who ordered it to be demolished then rebuilt, but his death prevented the latter.

>>2562977
God is a massive dick in christcuck mythology lol.

Seriously he had zero good reason to scatter the people.
>>
>>2561321
>Byzantium1200
Love his city models but god damn is he an autist on Twitter
>>
>>2561717
It is still there.
>>
>>2561717
Considering what's happened to the ruins of more recent fallen civilizations like Rome and Egypt, the people who came after them likely pillaged the ruins for building material.

The concept of respecting historical sites is a remarkably recent one.
>>
File: babel.jpg (87KB, 1502x1127px) Image search: [Google]
babel.jpg
87KB, 1502x1127px
>>2561340
Not anymore. It's the central bank of all central banks.
>>
>>2561340
for my dick

god was jelly so he destroyed it :^(
>>
It's a methapor for multiculturalism is wrong

t. god
>>
>>2561321
>Ziggurats are bad and you should feel bad
t.elohim
>>
That's the hanging gardens
>>
>>2566125
Nevermind, it's just a ziggurat. I'm a retard
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.