[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Korean War:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: The Progress of the Korean War.gif (85KB, 227x400px) Image search: [Google]
The Progress of the Korean War.gif
85KB, 227x400px
How did the UN and South Korea annilate the North Korean peasant army only to have their asses handed to them by a Chinese Peasant army?
>>
>>2554980
CCP veterans, using ppshs and thompsons, who learnt squad tactics from both the US marines and the soviets employed them to great effect and ironically this had an impact on US infantry doctrine afterwards.
>>
>>2554985
The UN still had overwhelming airpower, why couldn't that stop them?
>>
File: Korean People's Army.jpg (43KB, 624x353px) Image search: [Google]
Korean People's Army.jpg
43KB, 624x353px
>>2554980
>North Korean peasant army
Fun fact: North Korea had - on paper- a better army than their South Korean enemies and their Chinese allies. Soviets literally handed them a fully mechanized "my first modern army" set and this was the one that Kim Il Sung used to bumrush South Korea, who received limited US assistance initially.

And the army that saved this very modern army was a big Chinese infantry force whose only motorized component are soviet trucks.

Norks are incompetent.
>>
>>2554997
It's hard to hit Chink infantry using mountains and trenches dug in said mountains for cover while dodging Soviet MiGs and air defense.
>>
Chinese troops marched at night and showed up unexpectedly.
>>
>>2555008
It's hard to use your tanks without air cover. Mechanized troops are easy targets.
>>
>>2554980
Chinese troops didn't need to be supplied from overseas and had the advantage of surprise because MacArthur ignored the chinese mobilization even though he knew about it.
Chinese troops were also experienced veterans from the civil war. Yes i know so were UN's, many of them fought in WW2, but what i mean is the chinese weren't just a bunch of peasants armed in a hurry.
Also, the north korean army was less useless than the south korean one.
>>
>>2554980

US didn't want to invade China.
>>
>>2555163
Yeah cause they didn't want to see the soviet flag on the eiffel tower
>>
File: Korean_War_HA-SN-98-07085.jpg (865KB, 3000x2332px) Image search: [Google]
Korean_War_HA-SN-98-07085.jpg
865KB, 3000x2332px
>>2554980
>How did the UN and South Korea annilate the North Korean peasant army only to have their asses handed to them by a Chinese Peasant army?

Truman took Stalin's bait and agreed to a cease fire, which allowed the virtually destroyed Communist forces to resupply and reinforce, turning the war into a brutal WWI-style stalemate.
>>
>>2554997
Air power TODAY is ineffective against light infantry. With WW2-era air power (which often had trouble hitting city blocks, much less individual targets) and light infantry dispersed in mountainous terrain? They may as well not be there.

Air power had other uses in that war though, like reducing NK's industry and supply nodes to basically nothing so that the Chinese basically could use nothing BUT light infantry.
>>
McArthur should've kept going
>>
File: Kw_attack1.jpg (124KB, 716x1340px) Image search: [Google]
Kw_attack1.jpg
124KB, 716x1340px
>>2555008
they were really fucking close
>I TRIED SO HARD
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.