[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some bullshit humanities concepts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

What are some bullshit humanities concepts?
>>
>>2549767
Yes, we know you are struggling with being the 784,291st reincarnation of NapoleĆ³n Buonouparte. However, look at the bright side!

At least you're first in something!
>>
>>2549767
Fathers of social psychology:

Solomon Asch
Best known for laboratory studies on conformity showing that under certain circumstances, a large percentage of people will conform to a majority position even when the position is clearly incorrect.

Leon Festinger
Developed the theory of cognitive dissonance, a motivational theory suggesting that people seek to minimize discomfort caused by inconsistent beliefs and behaviors.

Kurt Lewin
He was an early leader of group dynamic research and is regarded by many as the founder of modern social psychology. His equation, B=f(P,E), stipulates that behavior is a function of the person and environment, and he advocated "action research" applying this equation and scientific methods to address social problems such as prejudice and group conflict.

Stanley Milgram
Famous for a set of studies suggesting that most people will obey an experimenter's order to administer potentially deadly levels of electric shock to a protesting stranger.

Henri Tajfel
Devised the "minimal group paradigm" for which he documented that even minimal groups readily form identities and exhibit ingroup favoritism. Developed social identity theory.

Daniel Katz
Produced classic studies of racial stereotyping and prejudice, and attitude change, and his pursuit of the connections between individual psychology and social systems helped to found the field of organizational psychology.

Robert K. Merton
Best known for the terms "role model" and "self-fulfilling prophecy". A central element of modern sociological, political, and economic theory, the "self-fulfilling prophecy" is a process whereby a belief or expectation, correct or incorrect, affects the outcome of a situation or the way a person or group will behave.

Elliot Aronson
Best known for the invention of the Jigsaw Classroom as a method of reducing interethnic hostility and prejudice.

It is tingling. It is off the charts!
>>
>>2549767
That it is somehow a subject worthy of being entertained, let alone studied by adults, and not reducible to the field of creative writing and therefore worthy only of women and teens, or women in their teens
>>
Non Aggression Principle
t campus communist
>>
>>2549767
Egalitarianism, Communism, Marxist socio-historical theory, atheism, those unprovable philosophical assertions which sound nice so we take them as true.
>>
>>2549767

"biological" differences between groups
>>
>>2549767
Property ownership
>>
>>2551304
>literally every single person on the list is a Jew
wow
>>
>>2552703
I-It's just a coincidence!
>>
>>2552663

No.

>>2552682

No. Come and try to take my property.
>>
>>2552682
t. Gibsmedat
>>
File: 1433112525062.jpg (55KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
1433112525062.jpg
55KB, 500x385px
>adorno
>>
File: equality.jpg (117KB, 751x923px) Image search: [Google]
equality.jpg
117KB, 751x923px
Equality
>>
>>2551304
What is bad about any of this it all seems about right
>>
>>2551338
>unprovable philosophical assertions

that's a heavy label. Even "provable" philosophical aasertions (can you name one btw?) cannot explain the sum of the human experience or the lack thereof.
>>
>>2552725
>>2552751
I don't want to be given anything I want liberty
You say you own property but it exist independent of you, and cannot be divided on an existential level, you probably are paying a lease and see what happens when you don't pay your taxes.
The concept of property ownership is bullshit feudalist dogma used to keep the serfs content with being exploited, people are denied the liberty to live freely on the planet they were born from. Property is theft.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.