[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Russo-Japanese war

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: russo-japanese_war.jpg (363KB, 1259x650px) Image search: [Google]
russo-japanese_war.jpg
363KB, 1259x650px
In particular, I'm interested in hearing about how people perceived the war back then. How people in the west, in Russia, and in Japan thought how the war was going to go, and the reactions to how the war turned out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZh-DHw2XnU
>>
inb4 that picture of the two soldiers
>>
>>2549202
I'm afraid I cannot catch what you're throwing.
>>
>>2549219
>>2548013
>>
>>2549227
Anon they're just hugging
>>
The Battle of Mukden was the largest battle in world history at that point. I would think people would take notice of it for that if nothing else.
>>
Russia should have won
Britshits again helped shitskins to undermine Russia
The end
>>
>>2549710
>Why doesn't history agree with my personal fantasies >:'(
>>
File: japan white.png (241KB, 980x638px) Image search: [Google]
japan white.png
241KB, 980x638px
>>2549710
Japan is white though
They're honorary Aryans
>>
File: 1447713677422.jpg (67KB, 489x550px) Image search: [Google]
1447713677422.jpg
67KB, 489x550px
>>2549710
cant trust the anglo senpai
>>
Everyone expected Japan to lose.
France and the UK had a bit of a panic before hand because both were afraid of getting dragged into it.
(UK had an alliance with Japan to check Russian expansion into China, France had one with Russia to check Germany).

The overall end results of the war?
Russia was shown to be a paper tiger (thus the Franko-Russian net around Germany was nullified)
Germany had freedom to attempt the strong arm diplomacy that makes everyone hate them more.
France and the UK grow closer together.
Military planners assume because Japan won, that the defence was useless (which ignored the MASSIVE LOSSES of Japan and set the stage for the blood bath of WW1)
The naval battles showed that dreadnought tier ships beat everything else, ever.
The last one is important because it nullified the UK's size advantage, and made German naval build ups a larger threat.
>>
File: IMG_0791.jpg (48KB, 478x308px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0791.jpg
48KB, 478x308px
>>2549198
It turned Japan into a world power and put up with other major nations. It greatly increased the prestige of Japan and Emperor Meiji

It also helped contribute to ww1 because it showed Germany and Austria-Hungary that Russia could be beaten, especially so because Russia was deafeated when no one expected it

The Russians largest weakness was their navy and it doomed the war effort, it was quickly destroyed and Japan's newly acquired and very modern navy outclassed.

Look up the Journey of the Baltic Fleet, it's like something out of Coen Brothers movie. It's funny in how disastrous its voyage was.

The monarchs of the countries were extremely contrasted. Tsar Nick was an idiot and notably incompetent and didn't do much to modernise Russia while Emperor Meiji was extremely intelligent, respect and a fantastic leader.

Montenegro was technically at war with Japan until 2006 because of this war, they declared war on Russia's behalf but never sent troops and all sides forget they were technically involved.

Overall it's a really interesting and extremely underrated. It's one of my favourites desu, especially because I love 20th century Japanese history and Imperial Russia.

Pic related is a cartoon depicting the general reaction of the world
>>
Bump for interest
>>
It was a port skirmish and a stress test for western Europe naval response to the pacific which basically resulting in sucking nip tittyass. If the north pole or as or when it melts Russia will become new hegemony. Probably a couple centuries. Make her starve for it by taking the south west.
>>
>>2549198
for Russia it's easy

they thought it'd be an easy win and they got their shit pushed in
>>
Was there any yellow-scare going on when the japanese won?
>>
>>2552985
Somewhat. European colonists were aware that their Asiatic subjects rejoiced when Japan defeated a great European war. The remnants of the Acehnese rebellion tried to contact the Japanese consulate for help, to which Japanese veterans were considering to volunteer and expel the Dutch. Indians and Vietnamese nationalists took note as well as in the Dutch East Indies. Chinese and the Ottomans wanted to emulate Japan because if a backwater archipelago could modernize into a major power and defeat Russia, why not them?
>>
>>2552985

Teddy Roosevelt wanted the Japs to win just to knock the Russians a step down. He also predicted a Japanese US war in the future over control of the pacific though. He also predicted the US would win.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.