[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Josephus spooky HISTORICAL account

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 220px-Josephusbust.jpg (18KB, 220x329px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Josephusbust.jpg
18KB, 220x329px
What the hell man, this gives me the sivers... :

>"Besides these [signs], a few days after that feast, on the one- and-twentieth day of the month Artemisius, [Jyar,] a certain prodigious and incredible phenomenon appeared; I suppose the account of it would seem to be a fable, were it not related by those that saw it, and were not the events that followed it of so considerable a nature as to deserve such signals; for, before sun-setting, chariots and troops of soldiers in their armour were seen running about among the clouds, and surrounding of cities. Moreover, at that feast which we call Pentecost, as the priests were going by night into the inner [court of the] temple, as their custom was, to perform their sacred ministrations, they said that, in the first place, they felt a quaking, and heard a great noise, and after that they heard a sound as of a great multitude, saying, "Let us remove hence" (Jewish Wars, VI-V-3).

“A supernatural apparition was seen, too amazing to be believed. What I am now to relate would, I imagine, be dismissed as imaginary, had this not been vouched for by eyewitnesses, then followed by subsequent disasters that deserved to be thus signalized. For before sunset chariots were seen in the air over the whole country, and armed battalions speeding through the clouds and encircling the cities.” (rendered in Chilton)

What the fuck man: Demons? Aliens? GOD himself?
>>
>>2547480
Who knows. What it was at Fatima?
>>
>>2547540
You fucking retarded subhuman, it was at JERUSALEM when it got razed to the ground
>>
>>2547548
So, I am subhuman holding a degree in classical history who came across Flavius on numerous occasions and you're not a piece of shit for not properly reading my post? Be glad I even responded to this display of extreme retardation on your part.
>>
>>2547480
Is this a new shitpost or something? Everyone knows this is about the fall of the temple
>>
>>2547568
So you're a fedoralord/tipper?

Get the fuck out of my site, reddit will suit you fine

>>2547572
And? I've never said it wasn't?

Nice strawman though, tard.
>>
>>2547577
>he goes on message boards to call people tards and be a negative faggot all day
Have fun then
>>
>>2547480
A kike inventing fables once again. He also claimed that ten trillion gajillion Jews died in the Jerusalem siege while there was like 50k people in there at max. I guess it's a Jewish thing.
>>
>>2547624
Hum.... Jerusalem had like 500,000 people in it

You fucking idiot
>>
>>2547628
t. Schlomo Gutenstein

It was actually 60 gorillion, you shitlord.
>>
>>2547568
>holding a degree in classical history
Did you graduate from Wikipedia university?
>>
>>2547480
Josephus is far from the only ancient historian to cite supernatural events. even if we come to the conclusion that he absolutely couldn't be hyping this stuff up with his mention of eyewitnesses, it still could be far from the actual truth. alien sightings with verified eyewitnesses are quite common in modern times, yet often they are the result of lying, seeing god damned weather balloons and shit, and even plain old delusions.
>>
>>2547820
This,

reports like these were not rare in ancient accounts of events
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.