[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is racism unchristian?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 3

Is racism unchristian?
>>
no, God said humans have all rights over natures animals
>>
>Post image talking about Islam
>As a Christian question
Racism is not unchristian.
>>
>>2542325
Moses' sister was cursed by God for being mean to Moses' dark skinned wife.

Some writers of the OT thought it would be unfair to judge Kushites by their skin color.
>>
>>2542369
I didnt find one for christianity
>>
>>2542370
>the same god who accepted the human sacrifice of Jephthah doesn't like meanness based on skin color
wtf I hate racism now
>>
It's unchristian, but not unjewish
>>
>>2542325
christianity has been used for both justifying and tarnishing racism
>>
>>2542370
>The demiurge hates meaness based on skin tone but has no problem enslaving the human race
wew
>>
>>2542325
It depends on how you define "Christian" conduct. Is it "good" to be a Christian?

If you go by the spirit of Christianity, brotherly love for all mankind, then obvious racism is unchristian.

But, if you consider "Christian Behavior" to be the sum product of what self-described Christians actually do and say, then no, being a racist redneck is not unchristian, since Christians will always find some way to rationalize their hatred of others.
>>
All religions are about Racism, Genocide and Speciescide......... its why they're so necessary to help propagate the evolutional process........
>>
>>2542416
>being a racist redneck
I can't stand you sjw's shallow persistence that racism is default associated with a relatively unimportant American sub-culture. Most racist throughout world history and in the world today have not been "rednecks."
>>
>>2542456
Doesn't feel very nice when someone uses a racial stereotype against you, does it?
>>
>>2542462
>racial stereotype
Blaming "Christian rednecks" isn't a racist stereotype though. It's a religious stereotype and a cultural stereotype. Regardless my problem with it is that it's ultimately substance-less and shallow. Not that it's a stereotype.
>>
>>2542487
Seconded. Criticizing rednecks is like criticizing salafists. It's 100% okay to hate salafists.
>>
>>2542501
It's 100% ok to hate anyone.
>>
>>2542325
Yes, it's murder per Jesus: hatred without reason.
>>
>>2542511
You can be racist without having hatred for other races. Thanks for sjw talking points tho.
>>
>>2542516
Racism is murder. Per Jesus. Not some SJW.
>>
>>2542325
yes
>>
>>2542531
Nice bait.
>>
>>2542369
http://biblehub.com/galatians/3-28.htm
It looks like racism is not christian.
>>
>>2542516
true.

For instance you might legitimately feel a certain race is inferior in one way or another but you don't hate them just because you believe they're inferior, you accept them as a part of the world just like any other living thing that is inferior to humans.

People are constantly making this judgements in their head even if they don't realize it. Even something as simple as laughing at a Japanese person because chop sticks are stupid is technically racist.
>>
>>2542531
Jesus said you shouldn't hate your neighbor as its akin to murder in the eyes of God and that is right and good. There is, however, nothing unchristian about being aware that your neighbors race is indicative of the fact that he is likely to be inherently less intelligent, more violent, and prone to a menagerie of diseases that you are not, and act accordingly to these facts.
>>
>>2542325
How did the KKK justify their racism as a christian group?
>>
>>2542325
It's technically okay to hate "Egyptians" (niggers) and "the Synagogue of Satan" (kikes)
>>
>>2542587
protestants are crypto-satanists, there's nothing to justify. They belong in hell.
>>
>>2542582
Thats not really racism though.
>>
>>2542456
>takes umbrage with "racist redneck"
>proceeds to call poster a sjw
>>
>>2542587
probably because they think blacks are animals and humans are created to stand above the animals
>>
>>2542587
The South literally created a whole new Christian sect to justify slavery.
>>
>>2542325
People being punished for their lineage is a recurring theme in the Bible and the Jews are specifically God's chosen people, so I'd say no.
>>
>>2542642
Racism is just making decisions about people based on their race. Your emotions involved in the process aren't important.
>>
>>2542582
I would only admonish a Christian to be as wise as a serpent, yet harmless as a dove.

Sure I can be wary of black teenagers walking towards me. That does not mean they were ever a threat.
>>
>>2542587
They were the terrorist wing of the Democratic Party, not a "christian group".
>>
>>2542325
There is where the deep meaning in hate the sin not the sinner is to be found. While it may not be right to hate a person's ethnicity, it gets more understandable if a culture is disliked if aspects of it can be considered sinful.
>>
>>2542785
Protestant Christianity was certainly an important aspect of the KKK at times though, especially in the second main wave in the 1910s-20s, when they acted against catholic Americans and immigrants almost as much as they did for black people.
>>
>>2542568
What part of having a soul equal before Christ has to do with racism? How do you even know the soul is part of the race? Assuming it is, the Bible says nothing about mental or physical racism. J
>>
>>2542516
>>2542573
>You can be racist without having hatred for other races.
Except hatred is what it always turns into without fail. Also racists are only ever paying lip service to not hating other races. When it comes to actions, policies and inner thoughts all there is, is hatred.
>>
Asians didn't exist in God's eye. Does that mean Asians were created by another god or are they aliens?
>>
Depends. Race as we know it wasn't as deeply thought of back then than it is now. Discrimination in christianity basically boiled down to if you were christian or not.
>>
>>2543586
They are a race of alien gods actually. Traditional Asiatic mythologies tend to have innumerable human-like gods who often live among men as well as ancestor worship. These so-called gods are actually their ancestors. It's a phenomenon not unlike the hypothesis that the Germanic gods are heavily inspired by historical leaders among them, with Indo-European mythology superimposed, but there were so many great ancestors of the various Asiatic civilizations that their histories became mythologies and their family trees became unquantifiable pantheons. Their ability to interbreed with non-Asiatics is most likely due to a controlled effort at genetic modification so that nobody would realize their extraterrestrial and divine nature until the colony settled on the isolated backwater that is Earth is needed to repopulate our supergalactic cluster, whose ancient gods were embroiled in a millenia-long war that was threatening, and eventually succeeded in, the extermination of all intergalactic civilization.
>>
>>2544195
/his/ - History&Humanities
>>
>>2542325
of course racism is unchristian

mark 12:31
Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

unfortunately most "christians" now would crucify jesus if he were to return today
>>
>>2542487
you just defined a stereotype, now go read you comment again and figure out what it was
>>
>>2542600
>Egyptian
>Niggers
You dumb cunt, you are feeding the We wuz kungs ideology.
>>
It is desu.

But "anti-racism" is equally unchristian.
>>
>>2543586
Literal elves, desu.
>>
>>2544588
wut.
>>
>>2542325
Racism is first of all really stupid, as far as the Bible goes, I am sure you can find excuses for any shitty behavior, but I don't know a single Christian (Protestant or Catholic) who is racist.
>>
>>2542587
Curse of Ham.
>>
>>2542325
Racism is EXTREMELY un-Christian.

Don't listen to the people who are telling you it isn't. Read the Bible - it will tell you the truth.
>>
>>2542325
I find the language used in this quote a bit hard to believe.
>>
>>2542380
Sort of missed that whole love your neighbor part huh?
>>
>>2546036
How so?
>>
I think so. Christianity was an anti-nationalist movement to begin with. Jesus basically aimed to remove the Jewish monopoly on God.
>>
>>2542350
Most slave owners dissociated the slaves with humanity.

>If its not really human than its ok to enslave them
>I am human and christian, that guy over their is different from me and not christian/a different type of christian
> I can enslave that dude!!!! :)

The bible as a whole only really specifies jew as the chosen people in the old testament.

Out side of that no fucks are really given about race.

Slavery is ok however, just ask our good friend Leviticus.

There is just a time limit and treatment standards on the Hebrew slaves however.

>Leviticus 25:44-46New International Version (NIV)

> “‘Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves.You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. You can bequeath them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly.
>>
File: IMG_1434.png (332KB, 960x621px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1434.png
332KB, 960x621px
>>2544307
Yah bro. Your shitty Protestant humanistic interpretation of Christianity is surly correct.
>>
>>2546737
>Commandment is as clear as day
>LOL WHATEVER PRODDIE UR INTERPRATASHUN IS DUM LOL
>>
>In the book of Genesis, Noah condemns Canaan (Son of Ham) to perpetual servitude: "Cursed be Canaan! The lowest of slaves will he be to his brothers" (Gn 9:25). T. David Curp notes that this episode has been used to justify racialized slavery, since "Christians and even some Muslims eventually identified Ham's descendents as black Africans"
>>
>>2546879
Identifying Ham as the forefather of all black Africans is one thing; extending the curse from one generation to "all time" is completely another.

And if southern "christians" justified slavery, as democrats, then and now, I would take their "christianity" with an entire salt lick.
>>
>>2546737
The Bible is pro-immigration though

https://www.openbible.info/topics/immigration
>>
>>2546891
Yet at the same time the Bible bans the Jews from intermarrying with various peoples, and more generally forbids them from adopting the culture of others and abandoning the Law. Jews literally died because they didn't adopt Greek culture and eat pork.
>>
>>2543308
>Except hatred is what it always turns into without fail.

Not really, missionaries throughout history saw their charges as intellectual inferiors and barbarians in need of Christian Enlightenment.
>>
>>2542462
>implying two wrongs make a right
>>
>>2542325
then why do saudis treat other muslims like shit?
>>
>>2548285
They are wahabshits
>>
File: 1489773031157.jpg (103KB, 964x964px) Image search: [Google]
1489773031157.jpg
103KB, 964x964px
>>2545616
>tfw you learn ham was cursed for either circumcising or sodomising his dad in his sleep
>>
>>2546955
I'd argue that goes even further. Christianity (Roman Catholicism, Protestantism, European Eastern Orthodoxy) was always a projection of European power and civilization. This remained until the end of imperialistic age post WW2.
>>
>>2549008
But Ethiopia and Armenia were Christian before europe
>>
>>2546106
Referring to whites and blacks.
>>
>>2542350

to say that black people are animal is blasphemous, defiling the words from what God said is a blasphemy and you know with your tounge, God can judge you over them. but i also assume that you don't believe to God so why should i care. you want to die in vain anyways
>>
in my own knowledge the reason why racism was born is when black africans( in terms of the slavery on america or the former british empire) are sold to the westerners and in turn that color of them became the symbol of inferiority and in turn sub human,

but honestly if americans are really smart, then they would know that the only reason they have that skin color is because of their geographical location on earth, to say that they're black because they are inferior or stupid negroes is just preposterous..

and the hate still goes on... i just don't get americans... in then end, all you people will just die the same, black or white, yellow or stupid, will die the same, judge the same, by a one God. hating someone will be the spear to judge you out in the end
>>
>>2542587
>cross burners are Christians
The fuck?
>>
>>2550754
Sweden pls go
>>
>>2551331

no ignoramus, you go.
>>
>>2550710
Why?
>>
>>2542325
Avoiding bears because they're dangerous is also racism, same principle applies for why you don't want nogs in your neighbourhood
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.