[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we solve the Munchhausen trilemma?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Munchhausen-Trilemma.jpg (323KB, 740x969px) Image search: [Google]
Munchhausen-Trilemma.jpg
323KB, 740x969px
How do we solve the Munchhausen trilemma?
>>
>>2541951
Can we even prove that the Munchhausen trilemma exists?
>>
>>2541965
Well, the description of it exists, and that's all we are really talking about.
>>
>>2541980
>the description of it exists
Can we know this to be true?
>>
Just accept infinitism
>>
>>2541998
Self-refuting
>>2541951
The only way is to provide a strong foundation that is accepted on its own merits.
>>
>>2542021
>Self-refuting
how so
>>
you don't. you accept that all systems of logic are inherently flawed
>>
>>2541951
Modest foundationalism.
>>
Logic doesn't need to be proven to certainty in order to be useful as a model.
>>
>>2541951
No truth actually exists.
>>
I think therefore I am disproves the munchausen trilemma.

there are no axoims needed because you have direct empirical, unavoidable evidence that you are experiencing something and the very fact taht you are experiencing something means that the you which is undergoing experience exists(or at least as much of you requiered to experience sensation)
>>
>>2541951
u cant rilly no nuffin
>>
>>2543984
you are presupposing when "I" is though
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.