[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When Jesus Christ comes back, how are atheists going to react?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 476
Thread images: 34

When Jesus Christ comes back, how are atheists going to react?

Are they going to commit mass suicide?
>>
nah we'd finally have evidence
>>
>>2541718
and then you guys would get sent to hell
>>
>>2541722
Why would we? We would just kill him again.
>>
>>2541722
I'm pretty sure jebus didn't want people to be smug, and that he helped all
>>
At that point atheists will already have taken the Mark of the Beast, they would not be human anymore.

The Antichrist (influenced through Satan) would gather the world to battle against God, only to get swiftly defeated.
>>
>>2541722
Prodigal son much?
Lost sheep returning much?
>>
Jesus is a false prophet of a false god. When Odin returns He will smite all you pansy Abrahams.
>>
File: 1489442070675.png (1MB, 800x1085px) Image search: [Google]
1489442070675.png
1MB, 800x1085px
>>2541773
this
>>
>>2541711
what if he comes back as a woman, will you kill yourself?
>>
>>2541818
Impossible because God is a man.
>>
>>2541732
>helped all

Wasn't it only the believers, the oppressed, and the innocent/good? Not necessarily 'all'?
>>
they are going to shit their pants and seek to wage war against Him.

atheists dont exist, scientific studies have shown that children are born with an innate knowledge of some sort of god/creator. theism is natural whereas atheism requires cognitive and mental gymnastics.
>>
>>2541821
What if he was trans?
>>
File: ny_yag_yorag_656_large[1].jpg (96KB, 800x575px) Image search: [Google]
ny_yag_yorag_656_large[1].jpg
96KB, 800x575px
>>2541818
We may have all been trolled already because, a woman was supposed to head the Church initially. But the politics at the time didn't allow for it.

Whether it's true or not I don't know, I wasn't there.
>>
>>2541843
Link to study?
>>
>>2541711
Is this the /pol/cucks larp as devout believers to distance themselves from their atheist past and try to justify their god emperor paying billions of dollars to Israel thread?
>>
>>2541876
they are cited in this videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ii-bsrHB0o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDX6F_O5XB0
>>
>>2541821
> impossible
> for an omnipotent spirit being
wew lad
>>
>>2541718

You'll be one of the dead, so you will not get your evidence.

Sorry.
>>
I, for one, welcome proof of his existence.
>>
They'll mostly reject him due to their egotistical nature.

And they'll probably be already killed since they'll be on the anti-christ's side.
>>
>>2541902
you'd*
>>
by that point atheists will already been brainwashed by the Antichrist's army.
>>
>>2541892
Studies can state anything, still, most of them are incorrect. It doesn't make sense because abstract thinking like that requires serious stimulation before coming to being, see cave paintings
>>
>be me
>one night I feel a divine pressence
>feel diffferent, as if I held godhood within
>have dream, heaven and hell, see myself in heaven
>meditate, see myself as light brown haired naked white woman in a forest at night surrounded by friendly wolves
>feel an urge to love my being, do so, fall in bed feeling love for myself and fall asleep in a trance
>dream that theres a grill inside sum geometrical shapes, have sex with this spirit while pressing sum white buttons she has in her stomach
>wake up, my dick feels as if I just fugged
>check religions, none is like this, my god pulls me away from each I try.
>enter internets
>there are people killing themselves over all these discarded religions
>>
>>2541833
Didn't he forgive the romans and shit?
>>
>>2541896
Christcucks don't know their own religion, what a surprise.
>>
>>2541711
>Mass suicide

Surely the Christians would be committing mass suicide, considering that they finally have proof of their religion.
Well, maybe they could pretend it was accidental to get into Heaven.
And that's if the Muslims etc. don't kill them all first for Heresy.
>>
>>2541718
>>2541918
>>2542108
>le "there is no proof" meme
Nice display of willful ignorance here.
Sticking your head in the sand will not change reality.

>Worst Objection to Theism: Who Created God?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKKIvmcO5LQ

>Digital Physics Argument for God's Existence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2Xsp4FRgas

>The Leibnizian Cosmological Argument
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2ULF5WixMM

>Quantum Physics Debunks Materialism
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C5pq7W5yRM

>The Introspective Argument
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l1lQMCOguw

>The Teleological Argument
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yt7hvgFuNg

>What Atheists Confuse
Part 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbLJtxn_OCo
Part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj0lekx-NiQ

>Is Atheism a Delusion?
Part 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ii-bsrHB0o
Part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnBTJDje5xk

>Atheists Don't Exist

http://www.reasons.org/articles/articles/fulfilled-prophecy-evidence-for-the-reliability-of-the-bible
http://www.crisismagazine.com/2015/atheists-dont-exist
http://www.letusreason.org/apolo7.htm

http://www.davelivingston.com/tableofcontents.htm
http://www.bible.ca/archeology/bible-archeology.htm
>>
>>2542036
reminds me of the stories of greeks who claimed to have had a goddess visit and have sex with them overnight. similarly according to Jewish legends wet dreams are from Lilith raping men in their sleep
>>
>>2542036
8/10 mystery cult tier
>>
>>2542133
Make your case yourself or fuck off, no one can properly address these because of the sheer infobomb and the olway it removes tge discussion from context
>>
>>2542218
And the way it removes the discussion from context*
>>
>>2541711
But Jesus Christ is a fictional character.
>>
>>2542133
>god exists therefore jebus
>>
>>2542058
As they are included in "everybody", yes. Everybody's sins were forgiven on the same account: "Forgive them, Father, for they know not what they do."

But that did not restore life to the human race; that did not force people to believe Jesus is who he says he is.

That is the 1 sin still outstanding, and it is Unbelief, and it is unpardonable.
>>
>>2541711
lol christians indulging in fantasy revenge daydreams because they are so bitter
>what if I was right all along and my religion is NOT a stupid lie!? THEN they'll be sorry they made fun of me!!
>>
>>2542361
this really, I think their scripture even condemns this kind of behavior
>>
>>2542361
>>2542405
>"One day my Sky Daddy's Son will come back and then you'll see!"
>>
I'd say "huh, I guess I was wrong. My bad"
>>
>>2542429
>>2542361
Why are atheists so delusional?
>>
>>2541759
Holy shit, you call us fedoras, but tell me if that isn't an animeish sounding fucking phrase...
>>
>>2542463
>muh satan muh demons muh prophecy
>>
>>2542463
>triggered
>>
>>2541821
Oh fuck. I think he is the prophet.
This is funny about you believers: ecery time you speak about the skydaddy it sounds like you have met him and he's given you all the knowledge...
>>
>>2542405
Probably because you have zero understanding of the bible.
>>
>>2542483
You think biochips are confined to anime?
>>
>>2542494
Yes, that's the nature of the New Covenant. I don't have to tell any born again Christian who Jesus is, because they already know.
>>
>>2541773
Odin is doomed to die as is Thor and all the Asgardians

What I want to know is when Quetzalcoatl is coming back.
>>
>>2542513
not all of the gods will die
just a bunch of em
>>
>>2541711
Depends on whether they were good or bad people in general. Jesus' second coming is depicted as a pretty dramatic "hell yeah" vs "aw shit" filter in terms of righteousness rather than religion or lack thereof.
>>
>>2542521
Yeah just all the ones supporting human culture and health.

Just Skadi and the wolves
>>
>>2541711
>hes waiting for a magic man to come out of the sky and make everything perfect
Do religious people ever step back and think about what theyre saying and go "God damn, Im COMPLETELY fucking insane."?
>>
>>2541711
Well I mean a demon escaping hell could cause mass suicides but I hope not.
>>
>>2542529
a long time ago since i read this stuff, but the only ones i remember explicitly dying are odin, thor, tyr, heimdall, frey, fenrir, jormungandr, loki and hel (not sure about her). not all of these are "gods" but you see what im saying. i dont recall freyja or frigga dying

bit hard to check this on google cause some weebshit keeps popping up. anime was a mistake
>>
>>2542532
Do atheists ever stop to consider why the fuck they should even care? Any answers beyond "for the lulz" are, in a totally materialistic universe, just delusions dreamt up as part of some shitty personal replacement religion.
>>
>>2542133
>hur dur I can't construct my own argument because I'm a walking confirmation bias and just copy paste links from questionable sources that agree with me
>>
>>2541771
The Prodigal Son parable was something meant before the end of times

Jesus specifically said that anyone that rejected him before His Second Coming and tried to gain his favour at that point would be rejected too.

>>2541732
I'm not smug. I would love that you guys learn of the love of God.
>>
>>2542566
Yes actually, most Atheists don't "care" so to speak, but when the topic comes up it's a moment of realization.
If it were just personal opinions, then it would be harmless fun to believe whatever you want.
But we live in a society, so at some point the beliefs of other people are going to influence their actions and behaviors, so knowing you live and work with delusional religious people is unsettling.
>>
>when
>>
>>2542607
So basically it boils down to personal comfort, then. Acceptable answer; it does fall under the umbrella of hedonism.
>>
>>2542625
>So basically it boils down to personal comfort
Just like Christian belief that there is a plan and heaven which only they can go to, a giant facade so they can feel good for themselves.
>>
>>2542625
If being labeled as a "hedonist" is their way to complain that I don't believe their superstition then so be it.
>>
>>2542566
some do, some don't
Even if you do, you're probably at least 10 years old, you've already lived awhile and your mind can't comprehend not acting liek everyone else does, most Christians would do this do, regardless of their beliefs (not saying God doesn't exist, just that most people don't ponder things that deeply and can't comprehend an alternative). Those that do have a variety of responses, some think that nothing matters, some just live their lives, the only way to live in our society is to live within its bounds (generally, there are outliers, obviously). Personally, I recognize the futility of life, I'm not going to live, or be concious forever, and nothing I do will ever matter in the context of the universe but that doesn't make me despair or make me decide to act like nothing matters. My family makes me happy and so does life (it actually doesn't, I hate my life, but that has nothing to do with the lack of inherent meaning in it, just random personal issues that existed when I was a Christian and now when I am not...).
>>
>>2541892
>youtube videos
>source
Kill yourself.
>>
>>2542641
Not really. Christians have a reason to believe what they do matters. Atheists have to deal with the fact that "the good of mankind" or "adherence to truth" have no inherent nobility to them. Literally all of it is made up. Finding purpose in that stuff is sticking your head in the sand.
>>
>>2542566
99% of theists don't follow their holy books, most people are revisionists that change their interpretation of the religion to fit their comfort level. Even if you are a devout believer you can't deny that most Christians don't sit their and ponder their existence or morals either.
>>
>>2542661
It's a very strange complaint anyway. Epicurus falls under the label hedonist, and he was a vastly more restrained morally than many (in fact, I'd wager the majority of) Christians throughout history.
>>
>>2542671
Maybe you should realize that self made purpose doesnt have to come from the threat of hellfire. You give yourself purpose because you believe in the unproven, yet think everyone is delusional if they dont do it the same way you do.
>>
>>2542671
>Finding purpose in that stuff is sticking your head in the sand.

Only people who have actually read the philosophers of the 21st century entry level canon should be allowed to post here. That includes Nietzsche and Camus.
>>
>>2542671
But Christians don't know that what they do matters. They're still engaging in a self-made purpose, because they'll never be able to actually experience the divine in this lifetime. This isn't an atheist criticism, this is from fucking Kierkegaard, moron.
>>
>>2541711

I don't see what the problem is.

If the Romans can nail Jebus to a cross then I'm sure our nuclear weapons arsenal can take care of an attempted intergalactic invasion by the massive faggot.

What's he going to to do? Make bread turn into fish at us? lmao
>>
File: pleasing and obeying god.png (689KB, 386x456px) Image search: [Google]
pleasing and obeying god.png
689KB, 386x456px
>>2542671
>Christians have a reason to believe what they do matters.
If Christians are allowed to invent "reasons" that they matter, why are Atheists not allowed to?

Or do only "reasons" that someone else wrote for you count?
>>
ITT atheists don't understand differencs in internal consistancies among paradigms.
>>
>>2542722
>>2542722
ITT Christians suck dick at defending their position.
>>
>>2542722
Want to try again in non pseudointellectual language?
>>
Atheists, are allowed to think and invent what ever they want...
I did when I was an Atheist
>>
>>2542734
So are Christians, and they do. What's your point?
>>
>>2542742
>If Christians are allowed to invent "reasons" that they matter, why are Atheists not allowed to?
just answering the question
>>
>>2542753
No, it doesn't work that way. Sorry. This is not a level playing field.

God provides humans with love, acceptance, meaning and purpose.

Without God, and foolishly declaring he does not even exist, there is nothing in a person to satisfy those desires for love, acceptance, meaning and purpose. Every substitute will fail to satisfy.

Because God designed us that way.

So while an atheist has to invent a reason why his life has meaning and purpose, those reasons fall flat in the face of his own worldview that nothing matters, and that there is no afterlife.

Whereas what we receive from God does not fall flat, does not fail, and does not expire upon our deaths.
>>
What makes you think they can’t
>>
>>2542773
Maybe so but there is nothing as yet to stop Atheists thinking whatever they want
I did when I was an Atheist
>>
>>2542773
But you don't know any of that. You're bound in your own senses which can never perceive truth. So you're just as much inventing a reason as any atheist, and it's just as likely to fall flat. Evidence of the fact it'll fall flat can be seen in the current rates of apostasy and the tendency towards experiencing crisis of faith.
>>
>>2542773
Christians don't listen to God though...they listen to the version of God they think is acceptable
You're statement only applies to Christians who knows the bible (very few) and Christians who follow the bible to the word (or to the accpeted interpretation, which is itself, dubious) and that accounts for....almost noone.
>>
>>2542786
Aye, but thinking so doesn't make it so.

If you're a deist, I would recommend searching into the claims that Jesus made to be God.
>>
>>2542789
But God is not so bound, and has made it known to any who seek wisdom.
>>
>>2542789
No body can know anything for sure
If we are really going that deep
I've looked at the evidence and I now consider myself a backslidden Atheist
>>
>>2542799
I don't use "Christian" lightly. I mean born again new creations in Christ Jesus when I say "Christian".

and yes, Christians listen to the one true God. We had to in order to become Christians, and now he lives in us.
>>
>>2542806
I study the evidence and go where it leads me
Atheism for me is something I can no longer believe in
>>
>>2542807
That's a cop-out. You don't know that God has done any such thing. You're taking it as an article of faith, which means you're just making it up as much as any atheist. Again, apostasy runs rampant in the developed world.

>>2542808
>I've looked at the evidence

But you have by no means seen the evidence, you have only seen your sense's interpretation of the evidence and you're working from perspective.
>>
>>2542812
>and yes, Christians listen to the one true God. We had to in order to become Christians, and now he lives in us.

You don't know that.
>>
>>2542819
In that case there is no way of knowing anything
I find that a cop out
I try to make my best judgement and come to a sensible conclusion
>>
>>2542831
>I find that a cop out

It's not, it's an epistemological limitation of humanity that's well explored at this point. Do you, or do you not accept the possibility that you could be wrong? If you don't, you're a fucking moron.
>>
>>2542843
Of course I could be wrong so could you
We look at the evidence c#and come to a conclusion
It might be subjective, but to not bother at all because we can never really move away from our own subjective experience is in my opinion...
A cop out
>>
>>2542726
ITT phone posting fucking sucks so here's your delayed essay:

We're not talking about how someone arrives at their paradigm (Christianity vs Atheism or whatever). Nor are we talking about the relative merits of said paradigms. We are talking about individuals within staying consistent with what the relevant system says about reality.

In baby tier terms:

>Christianity: Big smart guy builds universe, gives people rules to live by for their own good.

>Atheism: There is no big guy. We're in here alone. There are no official rules.

Within one system, there's a built-in reason to care about shit beyond your own comfort zone (whether or not you think the reason is bullshit doesn't matter, we're talking about consistancy within the system). In the other outlook, there isn't any reason beyond your own personal desires.

Now I'm not arguing Christians can't be just as delusional about assigning their personal drive for doing good to something more noble than "it makes me feel good" or "I like this" or "people now respect me more for not being a jackass." What I am saying is that atheists by default have no better answers.

Also, for those of you saying that "well if Christians get to be self-delusional, why shouldn't I?": That's all well and good, just don't act surprised when people laugh at your claims about taking the more reasonable position. Beyond nihilistic hedonism, of course.
>>
>>2542854
>A cop out

And how do you sustain this position? Have you found any reason to believe in true knowledge, found an opinion that can't be wrong?

Frankly, I don't give a shit what you believe (though to be perfectly honest, I am getting seriously fucking tired of you bloviating, pharisaical assholes shitting up /his/) I just want you to accept that your position is as made up and founded on your own sentiment as any other. At least the crazy fundie hides his under outright crazy rather than lies.
>>
>>2542855
Oh wow, look the little idiot hasn't actually read any philosophy. What a fucking shock. The whole point of secular philosophy is coming up with internally consistent reasons to believe those things, you preachy piece of shit. Go fucking broaden your intellectual horizons and stop failing at everything, you intellectual parasite.
>>
>>2541711
Id be happy because it would be evidence of a reality beyond our normal one, imagine what scientific possiblities are possible if we discovered heaven science.
>>
>>2542860
As I said, of course I could be wrong.
I have made a Judgement based upon evidence that I have been able to comprehend
For example

Christian - In the beginning God created
Atheist - In the beginning, Nothing exploded now we have everything

God makes more sense
>>
>>2542818
Evidence that Demands a Verdict
More Evidence that Demands a Verdict

-Josh McDowell

Who Moved the Stone?

--Frank Morrison aka Albert Henry Ross
>>
>>2542868
Try coming up with something beyond a spergy meme answer so I can take your suggestion seriously.

Face it, bub. You've got nothing over some happy John Luddite who hides out in some bumfuck cabin and sincerely believes the fairy folk talk to him every morning over tea.
>>
>>2542819
I read it in the bible, plain text clear as day.

Revealed knowledge from God Himself.
>>
>>2542855
>>2542874
On top of that, Christians don't have a built in reason either. This is my entire fucking point, you're too goddamn stupid to grasp it. You aren't accepting some doctrine handed down by God; you're creating a doctrine based on an old mythos without actually being able to experience any of what makes that doctrine "valid" (hahahahaHAHAHA... oh wow). You're doing literally exactly the same thing you're accusing atheists of, and then trying to take the high ground because your reasons are written down in an extremely stupid book. You goddamn fucking cretins.
>>
>>2542829
I do, actually.

Simon Peter answered and said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.

Being saved requires divine assistance.
>>
>>2542887
Christians are temples the Holy Spirit lives in.

Try again.
>>
>>2542880
There is lots of evidence whether you want to look or believe it is entirely up to you.
Nobody is forcing you to believe anything
>>
>>2542878
>I have made a Judgement based upon evidence that I have been able to comprehend

You did no such thing. You made a sentimental leap based on experiences that justified those sentiments.

>Atheist - In the beginning, Nothing exploded now we have everything

Oh, so now we're going to add scientific ignorance onto ignorance of our epistemological limitations. I am really starting to think you picked your ideals out of pure stupidity.

>>2542882
Neither do you, that's my point. We're all equally stuck in our little sensory bubble, picking shit out of sentiment.

>>2542884
>I'm retarded.

Stop talking, you're just making yourself look worse.
>>
>>2542894
I was recommending those to anyone looking for evidence that the claims in the bible regarding the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ are true.
>>
>>2542887
All I gather from this is you don't like what I've said and so are trying to attack one system so you don't have to address the implications of the other. I'm sorry you're so butthurt over suddenly discovering your smug fedoraism is invalidated by your own axioms. Maybe next time don't validate your entire existance via Dawkins et al..
>>
>>2542896
Worse to whom? Some hellbound spawn of satan?

Do you think your anonymous opinion matters so much that I would deny my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ?
>>
>>2542316
So, everybody's sins have been forgiven?
But the sin of Unbelief is unforgivable?
>>
>>2542898
Dawkins really is babby tier atheism. His main argument in the God Delusion is the same thing you get here.

"If God created the universe, then who created God???"

Babby tier.
>>
>>2542888
>>2542893
Yes yes, we all know you're retarded.
>>
>>2542901

Correct. Unbelief = blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, and that is unpardonable. Hence unbelievers stand convicted before their trial begins. Hence unbelievers are lumped in with murderers and rapists and thieves.

To "pardon" unbelief, God would have had to force everyone on earth to believe in him, and that would invalidate the entire reason for this creation: to have Love be the highest ideal. Uncoerced, unforced Love.
>>
>>2542904
Christians literally have a built in reason to believe there is a God.

Literally.

That fact escaped you. Twice.
>>
>>2542898
>Dawkins

Oh, my non-existent God. You're more philosophically bankrupt than I thought. Dawkins believes in true knowledge you little dipshit.

I'd seriously be able to take the Christians here seriously if they came for a reason other than to proselytize and had an actual philosophical backing to their beliefs.
>>
>>2542921
Why would people with Rolls Royces go to a used Datsun pick-a-parts shop except to proselytize?
>>
>>2542918
>If I assert it really hard, it'll be true.

Haha, no. You're an idiot.
>>
>>2542896
>Neither do you, that's my point. We're all equally stuck in our little sensory bubble, picking shit out of sentiment.
I'm perfectly fine knowing I could be wrong. The whole thing started because of what >>2542532 and all I did was point out atheists (mostly the loud annoying ones) really have no business trying to pretend they're at all superior.

Again, unless you abandon the adherence to reason and just enjoy yourself. That is, ironically, the most reasonable position to take.
>>
>>2542896
>You made a sentimental leap based on experiences that justified those sentiments.
And you are not?
Wow you really are full of wisdom who am I to speak to such a divinity as yourself
As far as Science is concerned That quote of mine was referenced from so called science, it is not my fault if the science of the Big bang is questionable and changeable
>>
>>2542926
I dunno, why did Jesus hang out with sinners and publicans?
>>
>>2542929
1. Everything properly in the bible is true.
2. That is properly in the bible.

Therefore it is true.

1 Corinthians 6:19 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?
>>
>when jesus comes back

He never expected or said he would literally come back. The kingdom of heaven had already arived and is still always arriving in every moment, which is what jesus taught. But the idiot disciples couldn't understand that and couldn't deal with the failure of the movement. So they fabricated a total corruption of everything jesus said and did: literal reserection at some later date. Only those who don't understand jesus subscribe to this fairytale.
>>
>>2542934
Because only the lost know they need a savior.
>>
File: 1413680393169.jpg (70KB, 1611x1076px) Image search: [Google]
1413680393169.jpg
70KB, 1611x1076px
>>2542936
Unless it isn't true and then it's a metaphor right?
>>
>>2542938
He did, actually. Many times.

John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.
>>
>>2542943
Who told you metaphors are inherently false?
>>
>>2542921
>Dawkins believes in true knowledge
Dawkins is philosophically bankrupt and still tries his hand at it instead of sticking with what he's good at, i.e. inductive reasoning, because he's awful at the deductive variety. I am so sorry your intellectual stillbirth began and ended with him.
>>
>>2541711
>Nero persecuting Christians
JESUS IS COMING

>Fall of Rome
JESUS IS COMING

>The black plague
JESUS IS COMING

>Two world wars
JESUS IS COMING

>Nostadamus' 2012 prophecy
JESUS IS COMING

It's like that story about the boy who cried wolf except repeated hundreds of times, how can anyone take this seriously.
>>
>>2542949
Who told you old books about magic men are inherently true?
>>
>>2542931
That's my entire fucking point. Neither of us has a reason to look down on the other for the reasons behind their beliefs. You didn't pick yours out of reason (in fact, you likely didn't pick them at all; your own biological makeup and upbringing did) and neither did I. But right now, we're on a board where the absolute largest group (by a HUGE) margin of vociferous shitposters is Christians, starting threads like this one (which can be summed up as "you'll all be sorry some day for disagreeing with me!"). Cast out the beam from your eye before minding the mote in your brothers.

>>2542933
>And you are not?

NO! Goddamn are you dense. That wasn't my point in the slightest. The only thing I want from this thread is you to accept that you're stuck in the aimless stew of nihilism as much as any atheist. This isn't an atheist critique of your position: it comes from fucking Soren Kierkegaard.
>>
>>2542946

>what is a metaphor
>>
>>2542960
Making a lot of assumptions there, buddy.
>>
>>2542960
>The only thing I want from this thread is you to accept that you're stuck in the aimless stew of nihilism as much as any atheist
So you know more about me than I do
I think this position you take is extremely questionable
You don't know me at all
>>
>>2542773
Interesting perspective, I can see why someone who believes in God would think that everyone else is wrong. It's not a very honest or inquisitive reason but it is very self-serving, so naturally you resort to it.

Actually it is a level playing field, we are all humans on this earth trying to find "reasons" to live in a satisfying way. Christians sign up for their Bible, other people find other philosophies. The Christian then assumes that his religion is somehow a universal standard and applies his ideology to the rest of humanity. This is why he gets lost in his own emotional state and blindly assumes that everyone else is unhappy since they are not in the same religion as him. It makes sense if you by the warped perspective and have no ability to think objectively.
>>
>>2541711
>when
>>
>>2542960
>That's my entire fucking point. Neither of us has a reason to look down on the other for the reasons behind their beliefs.
Actually, I feel that I have plenty of reason to point out hypocrisy according to belief, just as much as you have a right to point out mine.
>>
>>2542975
Only that you're human.

>>2542989
>So you know more about me than I do

I don't need to know much about you for this. Are you a human being limited to the epistemological faculties of a human being? Have your senses ever lied to you? How do you know they're not lying to you right now? These problems don't come from atheists either. Two big Christian thinkers got the ball rolling here (Descartes and Kierkegaard).

You've just staved off the nihilistic nature of reality by waving an ideological stick at it, and then you have the nerve to mount up your horse and accuse atheists of lying to themselves? Fuck you and the horse you're riding on. You need to examine your own beliefs more thoroughly and actually read some (quite a lot, actually) fucking philosophy more recent than Aquinas.
>>
>>2543004
That's fine too.
>>
File: 1443995466165.gif (3MB, 367x206px) Image search: [Google]
1443995466165.gif
3MB, 367x206px
>>2542133
What is this reddit faggotry. Pick a single proof and stick with it instead of pretending being ignored is being victorious.
>>
>>2543005
Got a phone call
Sorry to have to leave your stimulating debate
will come back
>>
>>2542955
Because even this was prophesied in the bible. Even you. Even your reasoning. Even what you have to disbelieve to make this post.

2 Peter 3
knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.” For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water.

It even tells you what you have to not believe in, in order to believe what you now believe. You have to not believe in the Creation, and you have to not believe in the Flood. And indeed you believe in neither.
>>
>>2542957
Nobody. In fact, the bible said they are false, full of lies and abominations.
>>
>>2542972
Nothing in that verse, for sure.

I kind of thought you had no idea what a metaphor was. Thanks for confirming it.
>>
>>2542997
There is a narrow path that leads to salvation, and few find it.

There are many ways that seem right to a man, but they all end at death. The road to death, to hell, is wide, and broad, and many tread upon it.

It was never a numbers game.
>>
>>2542878
Do Christians only believe in cartoon simple version of reality?
It's more of a critique on intellectual capacity than truth value.
They always complain "You don't understand Spirituality or Faith" or other vague terms. It's nonstop platitudes and bible quotes.

When they finally have an original thought, of course it's some reprehensible sociopathic malice:
>Hence unbelievers are lumped in with murderers and rapists and thieves.
Islam tier.
>>
>>2543005
Actually, whereas I've been examining the behavioral consistency of Atheists in the light of Atheism, you've been examining the behavioral consistency of Christians...in the light of Atheism. Effectively, we're having two separate debates here.
>>
>>2543028
Bible came centuries prior to Islam.

Revelation 21:8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”
>>
>>2543024
You are still replying within the bounds of your ideology so you are just proving my point.
>>
>>2543032
There's no fundamental difference between the two groups, you dingus. They're both just humans. While I'm sure the local fundietard would claim differently, Christians are just humans.
>>
>>2543035
That is correct. Everything I have posted is based on the bible.

I have found that the Christian worldview is not only the most robust worldview available, but the most all encompassing, most stable, and most rewarding.
>>
>>2543038
It's not my claim; it's the truth as revealed by God.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

Sorry the truth has such a dull ring and is so predictable.
>>
>>2543042
Oh, and absolutely necessary for the practice of any science.
>>
>>2543042
I think that speaks more to your mental ability than the merits of Christianity. You are easily convinced by mystical nonsense, so you are ideologically obligated to condemn everyone who isn't gullible.
>>
>>2543044
>It's not my claim; it's the truth as revealed by God.
This is the core problem, Christians are unable to distinguish between themselves and their ideology. This is why they redirect criticism of their personal opinions neatly onto their tenants.
>>
>>2543048
I'm not condemning anyone.

I'm recommending a Christian worldview. One that explains everything that there is to know.

I was not born a Christian; I can (barely) remember what it was like to think Scientism was an accurate worldview. It's so tangible. It's so popular.

It's so false.
>>
>>2543058
You're saying it's my personal opinion when I show you that it is in the bible.

I understand that you are not a believer, but even you should be able to fathom that if a belief is in the bible, it predates my opinions.

Origin
Life
Meaning
Purpose
Destiny

These things cannot be satisfactorily answered by Scientism, or Nihilism, or any other godless worldview.
>>
>>2541711
I'm gonna crucify that sonnofabitch again.
>>
>>2543080
He came to earth as the Lamb of God so that he could pay the death penalty for all of our sins, and redeem us from the wicked one, if we choose to be redeemed.

That is not how he is coming back.

He is coming back as the Lord of Hosts, and the Lion of the Tribe of Judah. His best friend saw him in all his glory and fell on his face as though dead.

You will not fare that well.
>>
>>2543071
It's your personal opinion that the Bible is a relevant and trustworthy source for an ideology.
So if I don't accept your axiom, it follows that I don't accept the validity of conclusions drawn from your understanding of the Bible.
>>
>>2543090
No, it is not. Hundreds of millions of human beings have come to that conclusion prior to my birth.

You not accepting the truth of the bible blindly, and flailing about when there are answers to be had, speaks to how desperately you want those answers to comport with your worldview.

You do not disbelieve the bible because it contradicts itself (it does not); you disbelieve the bible because it contradicts you.
>>
>>2543089
>You will not fare that well.

Against a single Jewish zombie? I don't think so
>>
>>2542598
Oh I'd love to but which God and denomation :^)
>>
>>2543044
Ok, I'm just telling you this to be nice and spare you some effort: don't reply to me, I wont argue with you for the same reason I don't argue with the crazy guy in front of the beer store.

You've completely detached from reality, and there's literally nothing talking to you could add to this dialogue.
>>
>>2543038
I'm sure you think repeating this over and over and over again is supposed to change something, but it won't.

I'm leaving it here, because I don't feel like banging my head against a wall for the rest of the day:

Christianity, whether you like it or not, has something beyond base human selfishness within the system that justifies doing things.

Atheism doesn't.

Your argument is just that you should get to ignore the former fact because we're all human. My entire point was how atheists go on about being so superior to religious folk despite being no less subject to personal and, dare I say it, nigh religious delusions. So thanks for not addressing that.

I'm out.
>>
ITT: atheists getting intellectually destroyed
>>
>>2543102
Against the Almighty.

The least of the fallen angels, unrestrained, could slaughter mankind. But they could not collectively scratch the Almighty.
>>
>>2543119
>Christianity, whether you like it or not, has something beyond base human selfishness within the system that justifies doing things.

It by definition cannot, since it's still up to a human being limited by human faculties to accept or deny it. But hey, thanks for the very typical show of form where you outright deny reality.

Nietzsche was right.
>>
>>2543114
Except the uncomfortable feeling that you're wrong, and that you're missing out on everything God has planned for you.

Because of your stubborn pride, and your excessive dependence upon your own intelligence.

But who exactly gave you that intelligence, again?

I don't care that you think the way of the cross is foolish; it says that in the bible. The way of the cross is foolish to the lost, to the Greek, to the unsaved; but to the saved it is the power of God unto salvation.

You're not saying anything new.

You have added nothing to my worldview, and no possibility of ever doing so. Because I have been you, and being you sucks.
>>
>>2543132
Again, no, no it is not. It requires supernatural acts that require supernatural assistance.

You cannot, in your flesh, say out loud that Jesus is Lord, and believe God raised him from the dead.

You cannot do it.

Even if you tried, you could not do it.
>>
>>2543133
>blah blah blah I'm a big crazy retard

Oh man, you sure added so much to this discussion.
>>
>>2543137
>Because I have been you, and being you sucks.
>>
>>2543136
>Again, no, no it is not. It requires supernatural acts that require supernatural assistance.

You have no actual reason for thinking that. Maybe you should consider giving thorazine a shot.
I Jesus is lord just this second. It wasn't special.
>>
>>2543137
I have, actually.

This thread contains enough information for a man to be saved; to come into a relationship with the living God; to be full of the Holy Spirit; and to change his eternal destination from pitch black burning brimstone to bliss in heaven forever.

You're the drowning man being swept down the river, and you're mocking the man throwing you a rope.
>>
>>2543138
Back at'cha. You fucking crazy retard.
>>
>>2543139
Yes, I do. God Himself literally said it. I posted it above.
>>
>>2543101
What about the billions of people who don't believe in the Bible?
What about the millions of "Christians" who believe in different interpretations of your same Bible?
What about the untold trillions of future people who very well may believe some indescribable paradigms of their time and places

The point is your Bible is a notable aspect of human society, but you insist it's the culmination of all human spirituality when it clearly isn't. You can predictably insist it's "Truth" and blame other people for not buying into it like you did, but is that not a clearly biased and subjective stance?
>flailing about when there are answers to be had, speaks to how desperately you want those answers to comport with your worldview.
Ironically this is the exact reason YOU believe in your particular flavor of Bibleism, the reason you call it Truth is because you believe in it, that's all.

Unless you can break character there's no way to have a rational discussion because we have different axioms. I don't trust people with warped agendas.
>>
>>2543139
Note how it was 2 parts, and you only lied about doing 1?
>>
>>2543141
HERP DERP, I CAN'T HOLD ALL THIS CRAZY

Thorazine.
>>
>>2543133
>reddit formatting
>reddit-tier opinions
>>
>>2543145
PROVE IT
R
O
V
E

I
T

>>2543147
Tell you what, how about you give an anti-psychotic a shot and see how it affects your beliefs.
>>
>>2543141
>This thread contains enough information for a man to be saved; to come into a relationship with the living God; to be full of the Holy Spirit; and to change his eternal destination from pitch black burning brimstone to bliss in heaven forever.
Literally a cultist deliberately seeking to indoctrinate people.
>>
>>2543125
That's cool advertisement for your champion. But I doubt it's what you gonna say, once he leaves the ring.
>>
>>2543142
You've never been saved. You've never known God, heard his voice, watched his hands work. You have never contemplated his creation, nor the wonder that he made you. You have never thanked him for anything he has ever given you, nor will you, yet you have nothing that is not from him.

You will never know the bliss of worshiping the living God, nor the peace that passes all understanding, nor the joy only his Spirit can bring.

You are missing out on everything it means to live with your Creator in loving harmony, in a loving and dependent relationship with him, by obstinately attempting to brute force the universe with your wee little mind.

I have been you, and it sucks.
>>
>>2542921
>true knowledge
>only hard science knowledge is true knowledge

you spout so many buzzwords and yet know so little about philosophy
>>
>>2543156
I'll take the infinite freedom of unbelief over slavery. Please, stop proselytzing on an academic board. Do you go to universities and disrupt classes to preach?
>>
>>2543158
Are you honestly retarded? I didn't claim I agree with him, that was a rejection of his claim that my opinions are from Dawkins.
>>
>>2543146

What about YOU?
>>
>>2543156
Cute feels bro.
It's just not convincing, it's kind of pathetic actually.
>>
>>2542960
>You didn't pick yours out of reason (in fact, you likely didn't pick them at all; your own biological makeup and upbringing did)

actually retard, I was raised Christian and when I grew up and my logical faculties developed I stopped believing in ridiculous bullshit.

So don't act like being brought up religious means you're incapable of seeing the truth.
>>
>>2543155
He's never going to "leave the ring". He's going to break the world, remake it, rule over it, and put down the final rebellion of mankind and angels. Then Judgment Day, then eternity.
>>
>>2543169
There's more to your upbringing than what your parents taught you.
>>
>>2543161
I took the infinite freedom of belief over the slavery to sin. The slavery to the flesh, to the lusts of the eyes, to the pride of life. You're a slave to your own members. You are not free.

Only those whom the Son sets free are free.

History is His Story to tell, and I will tell it as I can.
>>
>>2543167
It's just the truth.
>>
>>2543166
I guess I never got tricked into believing an impossible mystical revenge fantasy because I'm a well adjusted human being, feels good man.
>>
>>2543177
>freedom is slavery

Doubleplus good comrade.
>>
>>2543179
Your version of the truth seems suspiciously based on your emotional state and not any real information.
>>
>>2543182
Nothing with God is impossible, nor am I looking to any revenge.

I found a place that's giving away free bread, and I'm telling you where it is.

Revenge is the antithesis of Christianity: "Vengeance is mine" saith the Lord of Hosts.
>>
>>2543187
I'm comparing my life before Jesus to my life after Jesus.

Pretty sure I'm the expert on that.
>>
>>2543174
It's so convenient for you isn't it, to convince yourself that youre utterly incapable of developing logical beliefs because you were raised a certain way. Unwilling maybe, but incapable? We are not mere beasts we are MEN and we decide our own fates and break free from instinct on a regular basis.

No culture is incapable of change, the fact that you people try to hard and often successfully to convert people should show you that people are individuals and while they are influenced by upbringing, they ultimately make their own decisions. It's just intellectual cowardice to say it's all just upbringing, absolves you of the duty we have as rational beings to seek a new path, one that is better than the one you were on. That is the spirit of what it means to be a human being.
>>
>>2543186
John 8
Jesus answered them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin. And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever. Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.
>>
>>2543200
>Nothing with God is impossible, nor am I looking to any revenge.
>he has the gall to claim in a thread that can be summed up as "those atheists sure will be sorry for disagreeing with me :("

Why are you such a liar? You believe in Christianity because it makes you feel superior to others with the promise of eternal life in paradise for agreeing with yourself.
>>
>>2543207
Hear, hear. The denial of the possibility of change is a trap.
>>
File: 1458957430407-0.jpg (501KB, 1992x1253px) Image search: [Google]
1458957430407-0.jpg
501KB, 1992x1253px
Atheism is a mental illness.
>>
>>2543214
I didn't want to burn in hell forever.

I don't know how that fits in with your opinion on why I became a Christian.

Heaven is a bonus. Having a relationship with the living God is gravy.
>>
>>2543207
Free will (as in our wills are uncaused actors that could go one way or another without causal determinism at play) is a myth.

Of course culture can change, it just does so in a deterministic fashion; people can too, we can even improve of our own accord, we just aren't doing it unassisted.

Also we are animals. Bona fide members of kingdom animalia.
>>
>>2543211
Doubleplus good comrade. Bigbrother think truethink.
>>
>>2543214
To be fair he might not be the OP and just is chiming into this thread.

OP is probably a troll anyway, he just knows the proddies can't resist showing up.
>>
File: 1464144263825.jpg (2MB, 1852x6928px) Image search: [Google]
1464144263825.jpg
2MB, 1852x6928px
Why are atheists so irrational?

Why do they hate science and philosophy?
>>
>>2543223
It's also self-refuting. A reasonable person can make the statement that they do not personally know if God exists, or what the nature or character of God might be, but for a man to declare that there is no God requires infinite knowledge.

It would require that man to in fact be God.

How many atheists have conducted their search for God off-planet? Out of system? In the edges of the universe? In any other dimension?

No, to say there is no God requires a fool, and not a carefully studied man at all.
>>
>>2543224
>I didn't want to burn in hell forever.

I.E. you want to live in eternal paradise. Since it's a binary choice, that is what "not burning in hell" equates to.

You're a lying egoist.
>>
>>2543230
Ironically, the more belief in God, the less belief in State. And no God leads to the State being God.
>>
>>2543235
because they hate god and are in rebellion against him

good little slaves for satan
>>
>>2543232
I'm not OP, as you surmise, and I am never OP. I do not start threads. I do tend to end them, though.
>>
File: statism.jpg (99KB, 769x671px) Image search: [Google]
statism.jpg
99KB, 769x671px
>>2543239
This.
>>
>>2543236
God by definition is omnipresent, therefore the search for god may be conducted in any location.

Also Santa Claus is real.
>>
>>2543238

Why do you keep insisting that you know my reasons better than I do?

I became very convinced there is a hell, and my place in it certainly deserved, before I ever gave a thought to heaven.

If you'll notice, there's not a lot about heaven in the bible.

There is a lot about hell.

I'm not "superior" to anyone else. I'm saved. I was sitting there on death row, and the phone rang and it was the governor. He had granted me a pardon.

So I took it.
>>
>>2543239
>Therefore, if God existed, only in one way could he serve human liberty-by ceasing to exist.

Mikhail Bakunin (anarchist theorist), God and the State
>>
>>2543236
>How many atheists have conducted their search for God off-planet? Out of system? In the edges of the universe? In any other dimension?
I guess God must be in this tiny gap that we don't have enough instruments to inspect.
>>
>>2543247
Do you believe God is enslaved by his own qualities? Do you believe that God has to be everywhere because God can be everywhere?

What detection device are you even using to look for God? A flashlight and a magnifying glass? A hat with little ear flaps?

No, get back to me when you're serious about this.
>>
>>2543254
>Why do you keep insisting that you know my reasons better than I do?

Because you're a transparent human being.

>I'm not "superior" to anyone else. I'm saved.

You're part of a belief system in which only the saved can be considered good or meritorious as human beings, only the saved aren't deserving of eternal torture. Of course you consider yourself superior.
>>
>>2543256
Rubbish. I Am cannot be I Am Not.

Liberty comes from being set free. I was bought at a price, a terrible price, and then set free.

I am free.
>>
>>2543256
t. liberal

>b-but muh liberty
>>
>>2543257
i.e. not in the 1% of the earth we've inspected.

Holy crap the atheists are getting just insanely stupid with the passage of time.
>>
>>2543261
Do you think that ideas and hypothetical concepts become real and existent in the universe if a human believes in them?
>>
>>2543261
How are you searching for Santa Claus?
>>
>>2543262
Only God is good.

No person is good.

So again, don't speak for what you don't know.
>>
>>2543263
>>2543264
Sigh.

>you can't be an atheist without being a statist authoritarian!
>post quote from atheist who is more anti-state than you'll ever be
>BUT THAT QUOTE IS WRONG

I hate you.
>>
>>2543173
Talk, talk, talk and yet more empty talk.

So whenś that Jew gonna show himself? Or is he too scared to come for another round?
>>
>>2543267
I am not a noetic scientist, so I do not know. I do know that ideas have prices to pay, and victims. I do know that hypothetical constructs today are blueprints tomorrow.

But none of that has anything to do with God.

>>2543269
Did someone present Jesus and Santa Claus to you in exactly the same manner?
>>
>>2543271
I read the entire Bible, cover to cover. You're nitpicking. Again, the central point is "only the saved are not deserving of being tortured forever." Of course you view yourself as better than them, because you view yourself as not deserving of eternal torture.
>>
>>2543266
So God is at the bottom of the ocean, or at the top of that very tall hill, or just over the horizon?

Maybe God is a species of deep sea crustacean that survives on geologic vents?

Maybe God is a space nebula that pulses with radiation beyond the Kupiter Belt?
>>
Daily reminder that people are not born atheists.
Atheism is taught.
>Theory of evolution
>Humanism
>Philosophical naturalism

Scientific studies have shown that theism is natural. Children have an innate knowledge of a god or creator. One has only look at the vast history of mankind and ancient antiquity.

The atheist, through his brainwashed evolutionist assumptions and presuppositions, believes that God is a product of man (to explain natural phenomena) whereas the reality is that we are a product of God.

Satan loves atheism, because it furthers his agenda. It's not a coincidence that the drop of Christianity in the west goes hand-in-hand with the rise of degeneracy, unnatural and immoral behavior in the past decade. It's almost as if people are systematically being turned into savage animals by taking God away from them.
>>
>>2543272
Someone else made that comment. My comment was that God and State take up pretty much the same slot in people; that very godly people do not worship government, and that godless people do. And by worship I mean depend upon the government to provide everything necessary for life. Usually at someone else's expense.
>>
>>2543275
>But none of that has anything to do with God.
No God certainly isn't a human idea or hypothetical concept, he is a super real emotion we all feel deep down inside (except if you are an evil sinful atheist).
>>
>>2543274
To you? If you survive about 7 years and 7 months, you will see him come back in glory. Look for the sun to go dark first.

You'll see him after you die, either way. Heaven or hell.
>>
>>2543282
>godless people do

The very existence of people like Bakunin proves this position wrong, you fucking idiot, and if he's not individualistic enough for you, there's people like Benjamin Tucker, who chewed someone out for trying to get him to accept salvation on his deathbed.
>>
>>2541711
They'll join the demon hordes, they're not retarded.
>>
>>2543281
that is the plan

The Third World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences caused by the 'agentur' of the 'Illuminati' between the political Zionists and the leaders of Islamic World. The war must be conducted in such a way that Islam (the Moslem Arabic World) and political Zionism (the State of Israel) mutually destroy each other. Meanwhile the other nations, once more divided on this issue will be constrained to fight to the point of complete physical, moral, spiritual and economical exhaustion. We shall unleash the Nihilists and the atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil. Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will from that moment be without compass or direction, anxious for an ideal, but without knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out in the public view. This manifestation will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time.

this is coming from someone who predicted how ww1 and ww2 would play out, well in advance
>>
>>2543288
7 and half years? Is he THAT much of a pussy?
>>
>>2543288
>To you? If you survive about 7 years and 7 months, you will see him come back in glory. Look for the sun to go dark first.

So, if you're wrong, will you renounce your beliefs, or will you just doubledown harder?
>>
>>2543276
So you missed the verse that said there are none righteous, no, not one.

And the verse where Jesus says only God is good.

And then you accuse me of thinking I am superior to you because I am good, and you are not.

The saved are not deserving of not being tortured.

The saved are not going to be tortured, because Jesus paid the price, and we accepted the pardon.

The unsaved and unbelieving are going to be eternally tortured for their unbelief; for blaspheming the Holy Spirit of God, which is unpardonable.

I do not deserve what I have.

I suggest you do not demand from God what you deserve; I suggest you too take advantage of the best offer in the universe, and accept the pardon purchased in your name for your sins by Jesus Christ on a cross at Calvary.
>>
File: 1490075689137.png (421KB, 653x641px) Image search: [Google]
1490075689137.png
421KB, 653x641px
Do fedoras even have an argument? All I see is them shitposting and throwing ad hominems
>>
>>2543277
The third heaven is not above our two heavens, atmo and space; it overlaps them at all points and at all times. Nor is it subject to the "natural laws" that run this universe. That is where God and the angels live. That is where they lived before this universe was created.

God is a spirit being who lives in unapproachable light.
>>
>>2543304
as opposed to reposting cartoons over and over?
>>
>>2543301
>all these mental gymnastics
>I don't deserve eternal salvation, I'm just going to accept something I don't deserve :^)

God, you are the worst liar I've ever met. You are fucking garbage.
>>
>>2543310
>>2542133

facts, logic and reason.
things that atheists hate
>>
>>2543286
He's an eternal spirit being who made the universe.

It's hard for me to believe you've thought this through. Man makes God, but somehow man lives in a universe that is made by God, before man is.

Yeah, no.

You can think up your own false god if you'd like, and worship it. It will be real for you. You'll have a real false god, just like the muslims, or the hindus, or the native indians.
>>
>>2543307
So dude when does the comet come round again, I want to drink the koolaid.
>>
>>2543290
I'm not interested in the foolishness of godless men.
>>
>>2541711
Well I'd lean back grease up my asshole and give in to the lord and savior Jesus Christ
>>
File: 1489138975740.jpg (76KB, 720x606px) Image search: [Google]
1489138975740.jpg
76KB, 720x606px
>>
>>2543296
It's a 7 year party, so no. And he single handedly decides Armageddon against the armies of the earth, so again no.
>>
>>2543297
No, I'll say I was wrong, and that he's waiting longer than I thought he would.

Which isn't really that hard to say.

He's waiting longer than I thought he would already.

But had he come yesterday, all of you would be damned. So he waits, patiently, for that last straggler to come to him for salvation.
>>
>>2543304
A couple appeals to authority, ironically.
>>
>>2543321
>No, I'll say I was wrong, and that he's waiting longer than I thought he would.

So in other words, you don't seriously consider the possibility of being wrong in your beliefs. Camus was right, it really is intellectual suicide.
>>
File: jesus christ.jpg (629KB, 2141x3079px) Image search: [Google]
jesus christ.jpg
629KB, 2141x3079px
The moment Christ will reveal which Christianity is true Christianity, how will the Christians that are not on the right one react? What if YOUR Christianity were on the wrong side?
>>
>>2543311
Yes. That's why it's called a gift.

You don't brag about receiving a gift.

I did not earn my salvation; I accepted a free gift from God.

So can you. ffs, if I can, anyone can.
>>
>>2543319
So is the Jewish coward going to show himself or not?
>>
>>2543314
>He's an eternal spirit being who made the universe.
I don't believe it.
I think God is the extrapolation of human imagination onto nature.
I see that your belief in God causes you to be deliberately misinformed over the specifics of reality and other cultures, so clearly belief in God is not a beneficial starting point to try to determine truth.
>>
>>2543315
None of those men were Christians, not coincidentally. Nor was there found a bible in Jonestown.
>>
>>2543328
fucking did not see the high res of my pic, kek
>>
File: cognitive dissonance.jpg (80KB, 574x574px) Image search: [Google]
cognitive dissonance.jpg
80KB, 574x574px
>>2543313
Atheists live in a fantasy world. In their little bubble they like to believe that "religious people r stoopid!" and that they are the smart ones.

In reality, it is the opposite. Atheists get destroyed in debates, whether scientific, philosophical, historical or theological.

They hate God, and no amount of evidence will convince them. They show their hatred towards God by rejecting reason, logic and discussion, and instead pretending creating a straw man: "evil theists keepin' us down".

The good news is that they are on the wrong side of history, so as a Christian there is nothing to be worried about.

Don't cast your pearls to swine.
>>
>>2543317
Luckily he just requires a bent knee, audible confession that he is Lord, and heartfelt belief God raised him from the dead.

Do this, and you will be saved.
>>
>>2543325
I just said I was wrong in my beliefs.....are you reading my posts?

I had thought Jesus would already have come back by now. He is more long-suffering than I can imagine. The last person to be saved has not yet been saved.
>>
>>2543332
Ooooh, yeah, but you're not going to enjoy the appearance with that attitude.

If you were in a kingdom, and a neighbor king took over your country and was riding by, would you bend the knee or not?
>>
>>2543328
I think we could safely assume 99.9999% of Protestants are gonezo.
>>
>>2543333
Leaving you again with no answers as to how the universe came to be, nor how life came to be, nor how humans came to be.
>>
>>2543345
>I just said I was wrong in my beliefs.....are you reading my posts?

A belief, not your beliefs. Idiot. When proven wrong in this assertion, you'd just leap somewhere else to sustain the belief structure. You have indeed committed intellectual suicide.
>>
Jesus will come in 2028 or 2033 (depending on what calender and methodology you are using).

1. Ephesus: 12 years 70 to 82 A.D. "The Era of Transition"

2. Smyrna: 360 years 82 to 442 A.D. "The Era of Persecution"

3. Pergamum: 360 years 442 to 802 A.D. "The Era of Accommodation"

4. Thyatira: 360 years 802 to 1162 A.D. "The Era of Compromise"

5. Sardis: 360 years 1162 to 1522 A.D. "The Era of Corruption"

6. Philadelphia: 360 years 1522 to 1882 A.D. "The Era of Revival"

7. Laodicea: 144 years 1882 to 2026 A.D. "The Era of Degeneration"
>>
>>2543348
You idiots are looking for your black pope to take you through the tribulation.

You're doing it wrong. Really wrong.
>>
>>2543340
Well, thank god for that.
>>
>>2543354
No one will know the day or hour.
>>
>>2543352
I have no idea the distinction you are attempting to make.

My opinion was asked when I thought Jesus' Second Coming would be. I responded 7 years plus 7 months.

Because Jesus is going to come down to the earth 7 years after the Rapture, which I believe will happen within the next 7 months.

But I admitted I have been wrong about the timing, thinking that even today is beyond the time.

Be grateful God is more patient with you than I am.
>>
>>2543356
>you
lol
>>
>>2543337
Christians like you really are stupid if you automatically equate superstition with "reason" and cling to misconceptions.

>>2543351
I see people who readily accept these mythological "answers" spiral into absurd and intellectually stunted sophistry, so it's not exactly a ringing endorsement.
>>
>>2543364
Indeed.

Go for it.
>>
>>2543367
My point is that you have not seriously considered that your belief in Christianity could be wrong; you have in effect destroyed your mind with belief by permanently stifling any further growth.
>>
>>2543369
I see people thinking that the entire mass/energy of the universe suddenly popped into a singularity the size of the head of a pin, from nowhere, then blew up for no reason, until it created all of this order from chaos, and life from non-life, and consciousness from inanimate matter.

That's the most foolish cosmology there is. Saying "God did it" when God did it is perfectly sane.
>>
>>2543380
So tell me, your degree in astrophysics, where'd you get it?

Because I read the Bible and fairly evaluated its claims (they're stupid), but have you actually educated yourself on the origin of the universe? That ridiculous strawman says otherwise.
>>
>>2543375
Christianity:
1. Jesus is God.
2. Jesus rose from the dead.

That's it.

I have confessed with my mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believed in my heart God raised him from the dead. I have been sealed with the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit, and have witnessed many miraculous signs and wonders.

None of which has anything to do with my opinion on when Jesus is returning.

But I will tell you this; the reformation of Israel in 1948 was not an accident. It fulfilled prophecy. Prophecies that are playing out today.
>>
Tfw I cant point to a time in my life when i felt the holy spirit entering me.

How can i be 100% sure I am saved?

When alone I feel comfortable, like i am not really alone, but just a feeling of solace.. is this a trait of a born again person?

Articles and sermons I've heard point me to specific passages about being kind, gentle, patient, etc. but its all vague. a non-saved person can be these things too
>>
>>2543383
Yes, I have. God said "Light be", and light was. Then God stretched forth the heavens, as his hand spans the universe.....

Gee, that's exactly what we see when we look out at the universe. Space and stars accelerating away from us, and the trace of CBR from the stretching forth of the heavens on Day Four.

See, it's not the evidence you're not seeing. You're seeing the evidence through shit colored glasses.
>>
>>2543016
A million years could pass and you'd still believe he was coming. It's completely unfalsifiable, and a worthless claim.
>>
>>2543391
Didn't answer my question.
>>
>>2543387

Only a Christian can say out loud that Jesus is Lord, and only a Christian can know in his heart that God raised Jesus from the dead on the third day.

If you can say out loud that Jesus is Lord, knowing in your heart He rose on the third day, you're golden.

It's trivial to do if you are already a Christian; it's impossible to do if you are not (because by such means one becomes a Christian, and not by accident).
>>
>>2543356
Address my question: how would you react if Jesus revealed you were wrong all the time? Not necessarily revealing that Catholicism is right, just that any kind of Christianity that opposes yours is right.
>>
>>2543394
Look at the world.

Does the world look like it's going to last much longer?
>>
>>2543397
That is the origin of the universe. God speaking light into existence.

Everything is the light.

--Nikola Tesla
>>
I wonder if this guy actually thinks he's converted anyone with his knockoff Chick Tracts rhetoric, on fucking 4chan of all places lmao.
>>
>>2543384
So, have you seriously entertained the notion that Jesus is god could be a false statement? Because I entertained the notion that the Bible was true while reading it (it didn't stand up to scrutiny BTW).
>>
>>2543399
If Jesus said so? How would I not be pulverized?

But what Christianity opposes the fact that Jesus really is God, and Jesus really did rise from the dead?
>>
>>2543380
It's just a matter of credulity and desire to worship something.
Someone convinced a Christian that the Bible is real, and it pushed their buttons so they start to do the lifestyle and self-hypnosis.
I don't know of any Atheists who worship the Big Bang. Maybe in some Proddy pamphlet they claim this? Or wait, let me guess, we worship "satan".
>>
The main problem that prevents atheists from becoming christians is the retarded evolution myth. Just point them out that Darwinism has been debunked and is unscientific, atheism will fall and collapse on its own.
>>
>>2543402
Tesla was a crackpot who designed some good things.

Where'd you get your degree in astrophysics?
>>
>>2543400
>Dodges the point entirely.

Effective Christian-ing.
>>
>>2543403
I have seen many men come to a saving knowledge of Christ Jesus on this website, and it is very encouraging that you felt it necessary to attempt to distance yourself from the power you're feeling.
>>
>>2543404
Yes.

If Jesus is not God, mankind has no hope.

Anything you thought wrong in the bible is on you, not the bible. I'd be happy to show you how and why.
>>
>>2543407
By default, yes. There are only two sides in this war. You are either For Jesus, or you are Against Jesus. And the leader of the Against Jesus side is the devil.
>>
>>2543398
What if someone knows these things in his heart but cannot say it out loud (Muslim country or some shit)
>>
>>2543409
Tesla was the most intelligent man who ever lived, but for Jesus (who is God).

I don't require, desire, or need a degree in astrophysics to tell you how the universe started.

Because God told mankind how he created the universe. And they wrote it down, and faithfully copied it for many thousands of years.
>>
File: 1489772225226.png (12KB, 246x200px) Image search: [Google]
1489772225226.png
12KB, 246x200px
>>2543411
>I have seen many men come to a saving knowledge of Christ Jesus on this website
ok lol, hol up this is how I know you are bullshitting
HOW did you see this?
Are kids coming into your Bible Study every Wednesday saying that "4chan" led them to you?
>>
>>2543410
You asked what if Jesus waited a million years.

You do not have to be spiritually alive to know that mankind will not survive the century without intervention.
>>
>>2543413
>Yes.

Evidently not, since nothing could sway you from that position. You can't say the same about me, BTW. God could open the heavens, say "I EXIST" and then prove it with some miracles and I'd about face the very instant I was sure I wasn't going crazy.

>If Jesus is not God, mankind has no hope.

This is why Nietzsche called you people nihilists.

>Anything you thought wrong in the bible is on you, not the bible. I'd be happy to show you how and why.

Considering the mental gymnastics in this thread, I'd sooner slam my hand in a car door repeatedly.
>>
>>2543419
Many muslims have died converting to Christianity.

If you could speak to them, they would tell you to do it in an instant.

Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus by Nabeel Qureshi speaks to that point.
>>
File: 81HhLzQWVZL._SY445_.jpg (29KB, 241x445px) Image search: [Google]
81HhLzQWVZL._SY445_.jpg
29KB, 241x445px
>>2541711
Maybe King Arthur will come back at the same time and I can join his holy knights at the round table.
>>
>>2543422
>Tesla was the most intelligent man who ever lived, but for Jesus (who is God).

He died thinking a pigeon was shooting beams of light from his eyes, you moron.

>I don't require, desire, or need a degree in astrophysics to tell you how the universe started.

Yet you feel fit to say the scientific claim is bullshit.
>>
>>2543424
No, by leading them there myself, and by their testimony afterwards.
>>
http://creation.com/refuting-noahs-ark-critics

Daily reminder that the global flood is a real historical event that covered the entire world for 150 days, approximately 4000 years ago.

This catastrophic event ruined the earth's original beauty and Edenic conditions, as well as rapidly dropping human lifespans and killing the dinosaurs.
>>
>>2543415
>There are only two sides in this war.
Heh, very telling of your psychology.
>>
>>2543437
>and by their testimony afterwards
this is gold
please never drop the schtick, m8
t. a fan
>>
>>2543426
God did that.

The Hebrews begged him never to do it again.

We're not nihilists because Jesus really is God, and we really do believe in him.

True, what you thought wrong about the bible was not wrong at all, and you don't want to be shown up, but false that you think you know something in the bible is false.

It's just your baseless opinion, and unsubstantiated.

Serving to do nothing but rob you of any hope.
>>
>>2543408
>The main problem that prevents atheists from becoming Young Earth Christians is the retarded evolution myth
fixed
>Just point them out that Darwinism has been debunked and is unscientific, atheism will fall and collapse on its own.
Inumerous other hypotheses can be made, like we being created by things beyond our imagination, and they could be anything. The probability Christianity, and particularly your branch, is right is still infinitesimal.
>>
File: bait8.jpg (54KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
bait8.jpg
54KB, 625x626px
>>2543435
Einstein thought Tesla was smarter than him, retard..

2/10 for making me reply
>>
Armchair Theologian here, AMA.
>>
>>2543439
>http://creation.com
lol
>>
>>2543435
Since you don't know what light is, we'll go ahead and say Telsa > you.

Hell, the pigeon > you has a shot.
>>
>>2543439
More than twice that long. 370 days. and yes, very real, and yes, very much documented by many ancient civilizations.
>>
>>2543453
>lol
not an argument
>>
>>2543398

A non Christian can't say Jesus is Lord out loud?
>>
>>2543441
He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad.

--Jesus of Nazareth

I thought I made it pretty clear that if I were going to just give anyone my opinion, I would label it as such.
>>
>>2543452
Which Denomination of Christianity is the real one?
>>
>>2543447
Maybe one day it will be you.
>>
File: diff.jpg (1006KB, 1600x2092px) Image search: [Google]
diff.jpg
1006KB, 1600x2092px
>>2543464
Biblical Christianity.
>>
>>2543451
And Tesla knew Einstein was a lying, cheating, thieving fool. A "beggar in purple robes" who could not even pass a university entrance exam, and whose sole accomplishment in the workplace was to go from 3rd class patent clerk to 2nd class patent clerk.
>>
>>2543448
For a guy who was whining about people claiming to know things about him, you're sure making a lot of assumptions. I'm not bringing up any of that shit because I don't remember most of it at this point and because I already know most of your mental gymnastics at this point: they're trite and unconvincing, only fucking idiots take this shit seriously. Not even the major religious institutions take this shit literally anymore.

>>2543451
>>2543456
Being smart doesn't mean he can't be crazy.

>>2543458
He doesn't need an argument for the same reason you don't go to a mental ward to argue with the patients.
>>
>>2543460
Again, it's a 2 part process.

Romans 10
“The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

Do you know Jesus died for your sins?
Can you say "Jesus is Lord" out loud, right now?
Do you believe in your heart God raised Jesus from the dead?
>>
>>2543439
Creation, Flood, Babel, Resurrection.

These are the major historical moments that God-haters deny and pretend never happened.
>>
>>2543464
They're all infected with varying degrees incorrect doctrines and irrational superstitions. The true Gospel, present in many of them, involves simply

1. Repentance of sins [acknowledging vices, declaring INTENTION, however fruitful, of turning from them]

2. Belief in the fundamental doctrines of Christianity, ideally for rational reasons.

From there the true Christian is known by his effort, however frustrated and flimsy, of making good on that intention. The ultimate goal will be completed only at the resurrection, where sin is obliterated completely.
>>
>>2543474
That's a lot of something in response to "nothing".
>>
>>2543477
Yup. That's where the world and satan hit hardest. That's why Darwin made so many atheists.
>>
>>2543470
I think you're confusing Edison and Einstein.
>>
>>2543479
Nope. This. >>2543476

Nothing in that verse says anything about repentance of sins. Nor would I trust you to know what the "fundamental doctrines of Christianity" were, since you think they could somehow be held irrationally.
>>
>>2543408
>>2543450
Also, what you are calling "Darwinism" is actually evolution AND abiogenesis.
>>
>>2543488
http://www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/repentance-bible-verses/

Even the demons believe, and tremble. Salvation requires repentance and belief, and the latter primarily to facilitate the former.

And yes, its entirely possible to hold true opinions for false reasons, just look at the mess you've made of the thread.
>>
>>2543484
Another known thief and liar.

Einstein was a fraud, and the sooner people realize it, the better.
>>
>>2543502
So, how many scientific fields have you revolutionized?
>>
>>2543500
I just have to assume you're a papist at this point.

I just showed you salvation from Paul in the 10th chapter of romans which said NOTHING about repentance or forgiveness of sins.

Papists.

not even once.
>>
>>2543477
trey smith covers this stuff really interestingly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lktmmd7YnD8
>>
>>2543505
None. I deal with things that are always true, not with things that are always wrong.

Tesla gave you 80-85% of everything you enjoy today. Einstein gave you nothing, invented nothing, revolutionized nothing, and stole everything.
>>
>>2543476

I feel like anyone can say anything out loud.
>>
File: 1459862844401.gif (820KB, 3558x3364px) Image search: [Google]
1459862844401.gif
820KB, 3558x3364px
>>2543505
>>
>>2543511
Fascinating. Is that why science continues to improve our lives every day? Tesla worked on a scientific basis and in fact added to it himself.

It'd be easier to take the local Christians here seriously, if they weren't so often flat-earther, young-earth creationist, holocaust-denying, anti-climated change, wackos.
>>
>>2543514
Intardasting. Where are you on that list?
>>
File: 1479160096672.jpg (64KB, 582x582px) Image search: [Google]
1479160096672.jpg
64KB, 582x582px
>>2543502
>open thread
>scroll down
>see this

another intelligent thread full of intelligent Christians saying intelligent things I see
>>
>>2543518
>>2543511
>>2543507
I hate it when the people supposedly on my side of the fence [Christians] are the ones most frequently full of shit.

The Gospel can hardly be spoken, or theology taught, without some snake charmer or would-be wise man coming in with some fresh insanity to shout.
>>
>>2543513
Which is why it's a 2 part test. Your heart believes unto righteousness; your mouth confesses to salvation.

If you're the person doubting your faith, and you can easily say Jesus is Lord, and know in your heart God raised him from the dead, you are a born again Christian.

Matthew 16
Simon Peter answered and said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.

Note Jesus told Peter that there is no way he could have known that if the Father did not tell him. It's supernatural knowledge.
>>
>>2543518
>flat-earther
False.

>young-earth creationist
True.

>holocaust-denying
False.

>anti-climated change
True.

I only believe true things.
>>
>>2543529
Yeah. For all the shit I've been giving in this thread, we've had some good Christians around here. Wolfshiem for instance could get a bit worked up at times, but he tried and was sometimes informative.

But you guys seriously have some of the worst representatives around here. Prime examples of Poe's law (or is it Poe's razor? I can never remember) in action. I often wonder if they're atheists just out to troll.
>>
>>2543529
Romans 10:9-10 is new?

No, when it comes to Christianity if it's new it ain't true, and if it's true it ain't new.
>>
>>2543514
>not getting the question
>>
>>2543536
Wolf is a Catholic, not a Christian. He has no idea how to be a Christian.
>>
>>2543542
>the original Christians aren't Christian

intardesting
>>
>>2543529

Prove that you are a Christian.

You already lied about salvation.
>>
>>2543548
inb4 link spam
>>
>>2543548
The original Christians were Christians.

300 years later Catholics became Catholics, and remained Catholics.
>>
>>2543551
The Catholic Church was established in the first century by Peter.
>>
>>2543536
The worst of them, are the half-educated. The uneducated are sufferable, because they know nothing. The half-educated are pure hell, because they think they know everything. I can spot them from a mile away.

A mouth full of half-truths or outright fallacies, total certainty in their pet doctrines of choice, a long list of Scriptures they mistakenly believe supports their position, and a total unwillingness to engage in debate or argument honestly.

I try to give people like >>2543539 a chance, because we're supposedly on the same team, and because it is possible God Himself looks upon my ignorance as I look upon theirs, but hot damn my frustrations rise like a furnace.

I fully understand what God means when he talks about people who are like a smoke under his nostrils all day long.
>>
>>2543518
Global warming and evolution are myths.

The only thing I agree on being real is the holocaust.

As for the shape of the earth, I don't know. I haven't been up there.
>>
>>2543559
4th century by Constantine.
>>
>>2543560
You're just a lost papist, dude. A pagan mother earth worshiping cultist.
>>
>>2543559
False.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bVEXZ38Vs8

The first chapter of this documentary debunks the "Peter was the first pope" myth.
>>
>>2543560

Take one thing from this thread.

You are not on any Christian's team. You belong to the Whore of Babylon, and to the devil himself.

You are the evil.
>>
>>2543570
Looks awesome. Will have to check out in archives.
>>
>>2543549
The process of salvation can be broken down into three steps.

The first is the actual process of salvation, the second and third merely the working out of it. The first process is as I described. If you believe the mere belief, unaided by any internal chance is sufficient for salvation, I have nothing to call but a liar. I'm not saying good deeds save, but I'm not going to pretend that mere intellectual assent to certain doctrines is profitable either. You must repent.

The second step is the process of purging vices and weaknesses. It has many names. I am partial to 'sanctification' or simply 'training', but I have heard it called other things. This process does not save you, it is merely the thing any truly redeemed man would do as a matter of course.

The third is the resurrection, when at Christ's coming the dead shall rise incorruptible, and vice shall be obliterated.

If you have any gospel besides that in your teeth, you are not a Christian, but something else.
>>
>>2543574
>>2543568
I am not a Catholic. I have no idea what I even applied that would give you that false impression.
>>
>>2543579
This is how you are a Catholic.

It has nothing to do with Christianity.
>>
>>2543585
Because you are not a Christian, pretend to be one, and despise actual Christians.
>>
>>2543570
>>2543562
Nope. They have clear records of apostolic succession going back to Peter.

>youtube link

Kek, Stop being such a stereotype.
>>
File: Detailed Prophecies.jpg (377KB, 794x1123px) Image search: [Google]
Detailed Prophecies.jpg
377KB, 794x1123px
2000+ FULFILLED BIBLE PROPHECIES: (Here are some prophecies that the Bible said would come to pass before the End Times)

(1) People will deny that GOD created the universe and that He judged them through Noah’s flood. (2 Peter 3:3, 5, 6) This is exactly what we see happening. Atheists are now claiming that the universe created itself out of nothing.

(2) The message of the Gospel will reach all the nations. (Matthew 24:14) Remember that Christianity started out with only a few dozen followers. The Bible prophesying that its message will reach the world is proof of its divine inspiration.

(3) Christians will be hated and killed just because of their faith. (Matthew 24:9) This is exactly what we see happening today. Christians in the Middle East are being beheaded just because they believe in Jesus.

(4) Jews will return to Israel, their homeland. (Ezekiel 34:13)

(5) Israel will be a nation for the 3rd time. (Amos 9:14-15)

(6) The future will become frightening. (Luke 21:26)

(7) Blasphemy will be commonplace. (2 Timothy 3:1, 2) Nowadays many people use God’s name as a curse word.

(8) There will be money hungry preachers that deceive Christians and lead them away from the truth. (2 Peter 2:1-3)

(9) Scoffers will mock the Second Coming by claiming these signs have always been around. (2 Peter 3:3, 4)
>>
>>2543591
They have dozens of antipopes.

If that's not a broken chain I don't know what is.
>>
>>2543591
No they don't.
>>
>>2543588
Tell me your gospel then, oh great one. Tell me again how merely believing that God exists is enough to save you.

What of the demons, who believe more then any man?

Or those who Christ rebukes at his coming saying "I never knew you"

You mistake me for teaching a doctrine of good deeds, when all I teach is repentance and belief.
>>
>Christians arguing with each other and forming factions based on minor, usually semantic differences in belief

this thread epitomizes the history of christianity
>>
(1) Some time before 500 BC, the prophet Daniel proclaimed that Israel's long-awaited Messiah would begin his public ministry 483 years after the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem (Daniel 9:25-26). He further predicted that the Messiah would be "cut off," killed, and that this event would take place prior to a second destruction of Jerusalem. Abundant documentation shows that these prophecies were perfectly fulfilled in the life (and crucifixion) of Jesus Christ. The decree regarding the restoration of Jerusalem was issued by Persia's King Artaxerxes to the Hebrew priest Ezra in 458 BC, 483 years later the ministry of Jesus Christ began in Galilee. (Remember that due to calendar changes, the date for the start of Christ's ministry is set by most historians at about AD 26. Also note that from 1 BC to AD 1 is just one year.) Jesus' crucifixion occurred only a few years later, and about four decades later, in AD 70 came the destruction of Jerusalem by Titus.

(Probability of chance fulfillment = 1 in 105.)*
>>
>>2543597
They sat on the throne and kept the chain unbroken. Eventually the church prevailed and remained as it had since the declaration of Christ.

>>2543599
Just go ask them.
>>
>>2543579
Salvation is not three steps. It's one. As described by Paul in Romans above.

You described NOTHING. You mumbled something about repentance (not knowing what the word means) and the forgiveness of sins. And an intent to not sin again.

Most of the verses you gave were from the Old Testament, and from Jesus, who was teaching the Law of Moses.

So no, you did not describe step 1 at all.

That you do not know God is required for sanctification, and think you can sanctify yourself, is anathema.

The third step is glorification, again having nothing to do with salvation.

Your vocabulary and writing style are quite impressive.

Your knowledge of Christianity is completely lacking.
>>
(2) In approximately 700 BC, the prophet Micah named the tiny village of Bethlehem as the birthplace of Israel's Messiah (Micah 5:2). The fulfillment of this prophecy in the birth of Christ is one of the most widely known and widely celebrated facts in history.

(Probability of chance fulfillment = 1 in 105.)

(3) In the fifth century BC, a prophet named Zechariah declared that the Messiah would be betrayed for the price of a slave—thirty pieces of silver, according to Jewish law-and also that this money would be used to buy a burial ground for Jerusalem's poor foreigners (Zechariah 11:12-13). Bible writers and secular historians both record thirty pieces of silver as the sum paid to Judas Iscariot for betraying Jesus, and they indicate that the money went to purchase a "potter's field," used—just as predicted—for the burial of poor aliens (Matthew 27:3-10).

(Probability of chance fulfillment = 1 in 1011.)

(4) Some 400 years before crucifixion was invented, both Israel's King David and the prophet Zechariah described the Messiah's death in words that perfectly depict that mode of execution. Further, they said that the body would be pierced and that none of the bones would be broken, contrary to customary procedure in cases of crucifixion (Psalm 22 and 34:20; Zechariah 12:10). Again, historians and New Testament writers confirm the fulfillment: Jesus of Nazareth died on a Roman cross, and his extraordinarily quick death eliminated the need for the usual breaking of bones. A spear was thrust into his side to verify that he was, indeed, dead.

(Probability of chance fulfillment = 1 in 1013.)
>>
>>2543602
Romans 10
“The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
>>
>>2543560
There's nothing half educated about them. They're fundamentally incorrectly educated and work to sustain their beliefs in face of all evidence to the contrary.

I was pretty indifferent to Christians before /his/. Now I find it increasingly difficult to not outright dislike them, and it largely comes back to these fuckfaces.
>>
(5) The prophet Isaiah foretold that a conqueror named Cyrus would destroy seemingly impregnable Babylon and subdue Egypt along with most of the rest of the known world. This same man, said Isaiah, would decide to let the Jewish exiles in his territory go free without any payment of ransom (Isaiah 44:28; 45:1; and 45:13). Isaiah made this prophecy 150 years before Cyrus was born, 180 years before Cyrus performed any of these feats (and he did, eventually, perform them all), and 80 years before the Jews were taken into exile.

(Probability of chance fulfillment = 1 in 1015.)

(6) Mighty Babylon, 196 miles square, was enclosed not only by a moat, but also by a double wall 330 feet high, each part 90 feet thick. It was said by unanimous popular opinion to be indestructible, yet two Bible prophets declared its doom. These prophets further claimed that the ruins would be avoided by travelers, that the city would never again be inhabited, and that its stones would not even be moved for use as building material (Isaiah 13:17-22 and Jeremiah 51:26, 43). Their description is, in fact, the well-documented history of the famous citadel.

(Probability of chance fulfillment = 1 in 109.)

(7) The exact location and construction sequence of Jerusalem's nine suburbs was predicted by Jeremiah about 2600 years ago. He referred to the time of this building project as "the last days," that is, the time period of Israel's second rebirth as a nation in the land of Palestine (Jeremiah 31:38-40). This rebirth became history in 1948, and the construction of the nine suburbs has gone forward precisely in the locations and in the sequence predicted.

(Probability of chance fulfillment = 1 in 1018.)
>>
>>2543611
It's all bullshit. The Catholic Church will not prevail against God, no matter how many Jews and Christians it slaughters.

Over 68,000,000 by many counts; and that does not include the pope's Holocaust.
>>
(8) The prophet Moses foretold (with some additions by Jeremiah and Jesus) that the ancient Jewish nation would be conquered twice and that the people would be carried off as slaves each time, first by the Babylonians (for a period of 70 years), and then by a fourth world kingdom (which we know as Rome). The second conqueror, Moses said, would take the Jews captive to Egypt in ships, selling them or giving them away as slaves to all parts of the world. Both of these predictions were fulfilled to the letter, the first in 607 BC and the second in AD 70. God's spokesmen said, further, that the Jews would remain scattered throughout the entire world for many generations, but without becoming assimilated by the peoples or of other nations, and that the Jews would one day return to the land of Palestine to re-establish for a second time their nation (Deuteronomy 29; Isaiah 11:11-13; Jeremiah 25:11; Hosea 3:4-5 and Luke 21:23-24).

This prophetic statement sweeps across 3,500 years of history to its complete fulfillment—in our lifetime.

(Probability of chance fulfillment = 1 in 1020.)

(9) Jeremiah predicted that despite its fertility and despite the accessibility of its water supply, the land of Edom (today a part of Jordan) would become a barren, uninhabited wasteland (Jeremiah 49:15-20; Ezekiel 25:12-14). His description accurately tells the history of that now bleak region.

(Probability of chance fulfillment = 1 in 105.)

(10) Joshua prophesied that Jericho would be rebuilt by one man. He also said that the man's eldest son would die when the reconstruction began and that his youngest son would die when the work reached completion (Joshua 6:26). About five centuries later this prophecy found its fulfillment in the life and family of a man named Hiel (1 Kings 16:33-34).

(Probability of chance fulfillment = 1 in 107).
>>
>>2543620
The gospel of Jesus Christ is offensive?

Wow, someone better tell the people writing the bible that.

Oh wait it's totally in there already.

>Surely our gnosticism will save us!
>>
(11) The day of Elijah's supernatural departure from Earth was predicted unanimously—and accurately, according to the eye-witness account—by a group of fifty prophets (2 Kings 2:3-11).

(Probability of chance fulfillment = 1 in 109).

(12) Jahaziel prophesied that King Jehoshaphat and a tiny band of men would defeat an enormous, well-equipped, well-trained army without even having to fight. Just as predicted, the King and his troops stood looking on as their foes were supernaturally destroyed to the last man (2 Chronicles 20).

(Probability of chance fulfillment = 1 in 108).

(13) One prophet of God (unnamed, but probably Shemiah) said that a future king of Judah, named Josiah, would take the bones of all the occultic priests (priests of the "high places") of Israel's King Jeroboam and burn them on Jeroboam's altar (1 Kings 13:2 and 2 Kings 23:15-18). This event occurred approximately 300 years after it was foretold.

(Probability of chance fulfillment = 1 in 1013).
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (51KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
51KB, 1280x720px
>it's another Christians write/copy paste massive walls of text that nobody will ever read episode
>>
>>2543559
This Peter?

Matthew 16:23
But He turned and said to Peter, “Get behind Me, Satan! You are an offense to Me, for you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men.”
>>
>>2543636
>Twitter is too wordy for me.
>>
>>2543631
Meanwhile, the Pharisees: "The books of Moses are offensive?"
>>
Since these thirteen prophecies cover mostly separate and independent events, the probability of chance occurrence for all thirteen is about 1 in 10138 (138 equals the sum of all the exponents of 10 in the probability estimates above). For the sake of putting the figure into perspective, this probability can be compared to the statistical chance that the second law of thermodynamics will be reversed in a given situation (for example, that a gasoline engine will refrigerate itself during its combustion cycle or that heat will flow from a cold body to a hot body)—that chance = 1 in 1080. Stating it simply, based on these thirteen prophecies alone, the Bible record may be said to be vastly more reliable than the second law of thermodynamics. Each reader should feel free to make his own reasonable estimates of probability for the chance fulfillment of the prophecies cited here. In any case, the probabilities deduced still will be absurdly remote.

Given that the Bible proves so reliable a document, there is every reason to expect that the remaining 500 prophecies, those slated for the "time of the end," also will be fulfilled to the last letter. Who can afford to ignore these coming events, much less miss out on the immeasurable blessings offered to anyone and everyone who submits to the control of the Bible's author, Jesus Christ? Would a reasonable person take lightly God's warning of judgment for those who reject what they know to be true about Jesus Christ and the Bible, or who reject Jesus' claim on their lives?
>>
*The estimates of probability included herein come from a group of secular research scientists. As an example of their method of estimation, consider their calculations for this first prophecy cited:

Since the Messiah's ministry could conceivably begin in any one of about 5000 years, there is, then, one chance in about 5,000 that his ministry could begin in AD 26. Since the Messiah is God in human form, the possibility of his being killed is considerably low, say less than one chance in 10. Relative to the second destruction of Jerusalem, this execution has roughly an even chance of occurring before or after that event, that is, one chance in 2.

Hence, the probability of chance fulfillment for this prophecy is 1 in 5,000 x 10 x 2, which is 1 in 100,000, or 1 in 105.

>>2543636
>complaining about reading on the HISTORY board
Why are you even here?
>>
>>2543640
1 Corinthians 1
Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.

For Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom; but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
>>
>>2543639
how about you just link us the Christian blog you're copy and pasting this from instead of spamming bullshit in a thinely-veiled attempt and pretending like you have something to say that is original beyond the same archaic mantra that crazy Christians have been preaching for thousands of years.
>>
>>2543649
That's the other guy. How 'bout you keep up.
>>
>>2543649
Because fedoras never go to the links or sources.

Better to confront their cognitive dissonance and show them they are wrong.
>>
>>2543644
>copy pasting blogs on a history board

you're pathetic
>>
>>2543649
Dude, I literally posted this above: If it's new it ain't true, and if it's true, it ain't new.

You bitching about objective truth not changing over time is absurd. That's the nature of objective truth.
>>
holy shit, atheists and anti-christians getting OBLITERED in this thread.
not even the creation v evolution thread 2 days ago compares to this.
>>
>>2543662
They brought a toothpick to a gun fight.
>>
>>2543654
we do actually. And we laugh about how it's always some Christian blog that links other Christians for their sources in a big steaming pot of ignorance.
>>
>>2543604
Abrahamic religions are mainly based on "being right" about historical facts completely alien to the individual's sense of meaning, except if said individual has no thirst for meaning at all, but only a desire of "being right". Gnosticism, Neoplatonism and eastern religions are way superior.
>>
>Christians spam copy pasted blog posts
>nobody bothers to respond because nobody cares
>WE WON GUISE

ok
>>
>>2543668
You're surprised that Christians blog about Christian things, and that other Christians read said Christian blogs, and take info there and post it here.

Are you also surprised when the sun rises in the east, and sets in the west?

>We demand atheist sources to teach us about God!
>>
>>2543675
Abraham started no religions, so bad start. And then of course it goes downhill from there until you're staring into your navel and changing Ohmmmmmmmm.
>>
>>2543679
They teach you in real schools to go out of your way to find sources from both sides of the argument. What you people do is a massive confirmation bias where you only listen to sources once you've sufficiently be lulled by their virtue signaling. This is the height of intellectual folly but you idiots have been basking in this logical fallacy for thousands of years so I have no hope in breaking you out of it now.
>>
>>2543662
Christians like to call us goats, but why don't we take up calling them pigeons? Since they tend to enjoy strutting around as though they won because they managed to knock the pieces over and shit on the board.
>>
>>2543677
Do you remember that old quote about playing chess with a pigeon? It fits here.
>>
>>2543668
Scientific websites are not blogs.
>>
So it's settled. Atheists lose yet again. They have no arguments and are only capable of shitposting.

Christians: 1
Atheists: 0

/thread
>>
>>2543679
Because it's circular confirmation.

I can google for Muslim blogs that "prove" the Quran is true in the same way that you're doing, or any other religion for that matter.
>>
>>2543713
That's fucking ADORABLE! Awww can I keep you?
>>
>>2543713
>Christians claiming their blogs are "scientific websites"

kek
>>
>>2543729
>i-it's a blog in my mind!
Whatever helps you sleep at night.
>>
>>2543744
>even though it doesn't exercise scientific principles, use the scientific method, stand up to scientific scrutiny, or go through peer-review, it's science in mind

Likewise friend, likewise.
>>
>>2543744
but I'm not the one desperately reading/spamming the rationalizations of other fanatics in order to bolster my own confirmation bias. I'm not the one that needs to resort to the intellectual cowardice of parroting someone else because I can't form my own thoughts.
>>
>>2543685
>Abraham started no religions, so bad start.
And I said he started? I just said "Abrahamic religions" as a short way of saying "Judaism, Christianity and Islamism."
>And then of course it goes downhill from there until you're staring into your navel and changing Ohmmmmmmmm.
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>2543705
Atheists have no arguments about God.

They have faith he does not exist.

Their faith is misplaced. And wrong. And dangerous.
>>
>>2543753
it's really no less crazy than anything else these crazy ol' christcucks are angrily mashing ITT
>>
>>2543725
And I can show you things in the quran like sperm comes from the ribs that should show you it is full of shit.

And 600 years after the bible, completely antichrist. Says Jesus is not God, did not die on a cross, did not rise from the dead, but somehow is coming back to fight the antichrist.

kek

If you believe some Arab 600 years after the fact knows more than the disciples of Jesus Christ, then be a muslim and be accursed.
>>
>>2543757
You guys post like you're trying to convince yourselves more than you're trying to convince us.
>>
>>2543757
>Atheists have no arguments about God.

You mean, aside from the all ones they've made? Like even in this thread.
>>
>>2543753
Again, not attributable to Abraham.

And false.

God started Judaism through Moses, and satan started Islam through Mohammad.

Jesus did Christianity all by himself.
>>
>>2543766
must be fun living in that little world of yours.
>>
>>2543763
It's instructive to atheists to know that they are exercising faith when they declare there is no God.

Because otherwise they do not think they have faith, or use faith, at all.

When in fact faith is merely the human ability to believe the unseen.

>>2543765
Zero arguments. Nada. Zip, zilch, nothing.
>>
>>2543770
The one that cares about things being true?

Why is it you prefer lies, again?
>>
>>2543772
>Zero arguments. Nada. Zip, zilch, nothing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incompatible-properties_argument

Try this one on for size.
>>
>>2543772
>we dun no nuffin

ah so the same old Christian argument

>we dun no nuffin
>except that this book is right and the other 3000 are wrong
>>
>>2543772
>>2543777
>Zero arguments. Nada. Zip, zilch, nothing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Existence_of_God#Arguments_against_the_existence_of_God

In fact, why don't you try all of these ones.
>>
>>2543775
*last word*
>>
This thread was fucking awful from start to finish, why did anyone even bother replying ?
>>
>>2543805
to troll Christians

why else?
>>
>>2543766
>Again, not attributable to Abraham.
And I'm attributing any fucking thing to Abraham? For fucks sake. "Abrahamic religions" are religions that TRACE THEMSELVES back to Abraham, not religions that were really created or derived from Abraham somehow. Get some reading comprehension.
>And false.
Whatever dude
>>
>>2543805
Shitposting is fun.
>>
>>2543809
I feel like the majority of these large blocks of copy pasted texts, and link dumping posts are from one LARPer.
>>
>>2543749
Creationists use the scientific method.
>>
>>2543772
>It's instructive to atheists to know that they are exercising faith when they declare there is no God.
Indeed I am. There's only certainty in mathematics and immediate experience, everything else is faith.
>>
>>2543831
Pfft. HahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAH!

Oh that's precious. It warms my heart to know there are people so stupid in this world.
>>
File: 1476377508035-vg.gif (973KB, 300x196px) Image search: [Google]
1476377508035-vg.gif
973KB, 300x196px
>>2543831
>Creationists use the scientific method
>>
>>2543835
There's not even certainty in those.

But I'm not sure why he thinks that's such a damning criticism. Fairly early in the thread there was an atheist saying exactly that.
>>
>It's another "Atheists get BTFO" episode

>What Atheists Confuse

>Is Atheism a Delusion?

>Atheists Don't Exist

http://www.strangenotions.com/gods-philosophers/
http://www.reasons.org/articles/articles/fulfilled-prophecy-evidence-for-the-reliability-of-the-bible
http://www.crisismagazine.com/2015/atheists-dont-exist
http://www.letusreason.org/apolo7.htm
http://www.bible.ca/archeology/bible-archeology.htm

Don't you atheists get tired of getting blown out of the water every single time?
>>
File: 1489852888667.jpg (170KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1489852888667.jpg
170KB, 500x376px
>>2543840
>>2543839
>>
>>2543843
(You)
>>
>>2543843
>well I can tell argue my position myself may as well link dump.
>>
File: 1487911734079.jpg (42KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
1487911734079.jpg
42KB, 403x403px
>>2543849
(You)
>>
File: 1462853221416-sp.gif (132KB, 400x325px) Image search: [Google]
1462853221416-sp.gif
132KB, 400x325px
>>2543848
>he posted the pyramid
>>
>>2543848
>implying this is a formal debate

You guys get schooled anytime it actually comes to formal debate.
>>
>>2543855
>implying it's all that remarkable that a nazi would believe something dumb
>>
>>2543843
You've already shitposted it on this thread:>>2542133
Have not you got enough (You)'s?
>>
>>2543866
You are fucking adorable.

Do you actually believe what you're saying? Man you live in an alternate reality.
>>
>>2543874
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection
>>
File: comfy.jpg (19KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
19KB, 409x409px
>>2543840
>>2543839
>>2543862
>>2543866
>Science confirms creation and existence of God
>Atheists suddenly hate science

Thanks for proving us right.
It was hatred towards God all along, just as we assumed.
>>
>>2543843
This is literally how autistic you fucking link dumpers look

"CHRISTIANITY FINISHED

https://www.wordonfire.org/resources/blog/how-to-prove-that-god-doesnt-exist/5216/

UH OH ! YOUR TIME HAS COME CHRIST FAGS

http://strangenotions.com/how-to-prove-that-god-doesnt-exist/

EPIC COMBO DUDE

http://faithskeptic.50megs.com/pwb.htm"
>>
File: 1468095724839-tv.gif (415KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
1468095724839-tv.gif
415KB, 480x238px
>>2543883
>>
File: salt.jpg (7KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
salt.jpg
7KB, 256x256px
>Atheist tears all over this thread
The butthurt is palpable.

Thanks for the laugh.
>>
Hahaha oh wow. The last few hours of this thread have been Christians evading debate and just claiming they won. Not surprised at all that you couldn't argue for the existence of god even if your life was on the line.
>>
>>2543883
>atheists hate science

Interesting. Do you have a creationist paper that's stood up to peer review in a credible academic institution?
>>
>>2543937
>that can't be achieved, there's too much anti creation bias!
>>
>>2543120
>>2543662
>>2543724
>>2543843
>>2543883
>>2543903
You are the proof of what I said: >>2543675
You will be happy with a shallow religion as long as you can "win" arguments. You don't really care for transcendence, the only thing that matters for you is your ego. You don't worship God, you only worship God as a way of worshiping yourselves, of "being right". If Christianity can only create jerks like you, that are no better than fedora-atheists, then I prefer being anti-Christian. If God is on your side, I will align myself with the Devil.
>>
>>2543949
Right. I forgot that science is a completely static field that never changes due to academic bias, while simultaneously constantly revising itself (unlike the rock-hard truth of the Bible).
>>
>>2543937
Here you go.

http://creation.com/creationism-science-and-peer-review
>>
File: 1470539066946.jpg (72KB, 694x580px) Image search: [Google]
1470539066946.jpg
72KB, 694x580px
>Christians actually assert the unproven
>Get butthurt about it when people call them out on it
>Use Stoner BA in Philosophy tier """arguments""" to back up their assertion
>Wonder why they're the laughing stock of the west
>>
>>2543978
>>2543956
>>2543949
Samefag.

The discussion of God belongs in the philosophical realm, since science cannot prove or disprove a creator.

>What Atheists Confuse

>Is Atheism a Delusion?

>Atheists Don't Exist

It turns out that atheism requires hard cognitive work, whereas theism is natural and normal.

It turns out that a belief in God is the more rational and logical approach.

Or, you can just stay in your little atheist fantasy world of "me = smart, ppl who believ in sky daddy = dum". That's also an option.
>>
>>2543978
They're only accelerating the decadence of Christianity and think they're doing good for the cause.
>>
>>2543994
>replying to your own post

Fedora trying to astro turf, how cute.
>>
File: 1481826418666.jpg (91KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1481826418666.jpg
91KB, 500x500px
>>2543991
>Science is scary and I can't prove my headcanon there!
>The philosophical realm allows me to make up whatever I want!
So that means you're too much of a bitch to play with the big boys?
>>
>>2543991
Why did you include >>2543956? What this post has to do with the other two besides being against you?
>>
File: trashman.jpg (37KB, 352x450px) Image search: [Google]
trashman.jpg
37KB, 352x450px
>>2544003
Straw man.
>Misrepresenting someone's argument to make it easier to attack.

Ad hominem.
>Attacking your opponent's character or personal traits in an attempt to undermine their argument.

Nothing of substance in your shitty post.
>>
File: 1443740083738.jpg (46KB, 330x319px) Image search: [Google]
1443740083738.jpg
46KB, 330x319px
>>2544014
>Nothing of substance
I'll provide substance when you do in your arguments for your Hebrews in the desert 2: Electric Boogaloo fanfiction.
>>
>>2544001
Each post you make only proves my point: you're just an asshole more interested in "being right" than in achieving transcendence. You're a fucking autistic ego-worshipper, admit it.
>>
>>2544003
are you retarded? do you even know what the scientific method is or how it works?

I knew atheists were dumb, but this is just embarassing..
incase you're not trolling: science is limited to observing the natural world. God is outside of the natural world.

you cannot see the painter by looking at the painting.
nor can you see the watchmaker by looking at a watch.

that's why the discussion of "does God exist?" belongs in philosophy.

it looks to me like you are just scared because the arguments for God are overwhelming, whereas there is no arguments against it
>>
>>2544028
>transcendence

Luciferian detected.
>>
File: bait6.png (29KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
bait6.png
29KB, 500x275px
>>2544023
(You)
>>
>>2544034
>I have no argument I can back up so I'll stick with philosophical wankery rather than the scientific method
This is why I'm calling you a bitch. You lose every time you argue for your god and don't even have the decency to admit you have no proper argument or proof for you assertions.
>>2544042
Once again stop hiding from the decider of fact and fiction and present your observable proof to the class.
>>
>>2544036
One is either a Luciferian or an Ego-worshipper, I choose the former, for I can't be satisfied with just being an asshole who can only live in his own little religious fantasy world of "me = smart, ppl who dont agree w me = dum".
>>
>>2541711
They wouldn't believe it
Thread posts: 476
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.