[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could another, younger religion ever achieve the same popular

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: 5_religions.gif (4KB, 232x130px) Image search: [Google]
5_religions.gif
4KB, 232x130px
Could another, younger religion ever achieve the same popular status as the Big 5, or are we set with those as the major religions now and forever?

And if you respond with Scientology you deserve to get punched in the throat.
>>
File: your traditions are shit.jpg (43KB, 506x556px) Image search: [Google]
your traditions are shit.jpg
43KB, 506x556px
>>2540747
My money goes the other direction
That the coming wave of unbelief will decimate all but the largest or most devout religions.
Pic related, he started it.
>>
Nah

There will always be new conmen, and there will always be new idiots
>>
>>2540891
Oh mos def
I just think people are going to delude themselves ie. MUH OLDGODS or psuedochristianyoga
>>
>>2540747
I would imagine a new age philosophy could eventually gather enough steam to take the place of religion, if you wanted to call a set of guiding principles a religion. It could even be a sort of a multiple gods sort of thing, in the way people of old used to worship local gods but still believed in others as well.

For example, there might be a national cult of peace which mainly espouses non-violence and egalitarianism to everyone, or a cult of Texas which espouses individual freedom and privacy along with self-determination, but doesn't have much a following outside of its geographic region. There'd probably be no actual clerical structure to any of these, but maybe a few influential thinkers would attempt to more clearly define each sect and social influence would sustain it in certain areas.
>>
File: yvfEJp.jpg (311KB, 1920x1505px) Image search: [Google]
yvfEJp.jpg
311KB, 1920x1505px
>>2540747
6th
>>
It's possible, but I think itwould have to be an offshoot or claim to be a successor of one of them. something largely new or divergent (like Scientology) would be met with ridicule and won't catch on, but reletively rcent faiths that are linked to older ones like mormonism seem to do okay.
>>
>>2540747
Scientology is just a branch of Christianity.

However non organized spiritualism is on the rise.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.