[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Entartete Kunst

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: picasso.jpg (53KB, 250x297px) Image search: [Google]
picasso.jpg
53KB, 250x297px
Why do people like this form of art? It's objectively shit due to their rather hypocritical standards, and plus it's just an eyesore.
>>
>Why do people like this
>objectively shit
Hmmm, really fires my neurons
>>
>>2540698
>hypocritical standards
What does that even mean?

Show me on the doll where the art curator touched you.
>>
I dunno it's kind of interesting to look at least. Definitely better than contemporary art which is sjws using a can opener to open up a pack of sardines while screaming about imperialism and racism.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170313-210349.jpg (888KB, 1359x1340px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170313-210349.jpg
888KB, 1359x1340px
>>2540713
>>
File: 643_1.jpg (320KB, 1024x1448px) Image search: [Google]
643_1.jpg
320KB, 1024x1448px
>>
>>2540698
Get some historical context, like the rise of psychology in the beginning of the 20th century and the cultural impact of WW1
>>
>>2540809
>>2540698
people felt betrayed by their old ideals.

Fatherland? Led them into bloodshed.
Religion? Didnt keep your comrades from being gassed and ripped up on the battlefield by machine gun fire.

but that's only one dimension of the zeitgeist though. People thought the ending was near, economy broke apart, warfare of mass annihilation became a norm, the fight of ideologies was rising.

anything else aside from the jagged, unclean and horrifying style of expressionism would have been an unfitting representation of how people felt. Naturalism depicts ideals, but those basicly turned out to be rotten to the core when faced with the new reality.
The expressionist art conveys something like a scream of despair, the artist want to get rid of those old ideals and wants newer, purer forms of humanity. Turning towards making art like the classic was like turning a blind eye, thus it lost actuality.

think about the aesthetic what you want, but that what was considered entartete Kunst is interesting because it gives an insight on how it felt to live in this time and situation. I think that it also manages to combine both uglyness and beauty in the same image through shapes and colors. What many /pol/tards forget is that art of all kind has more value to it then the mere degree of naturalism

What i said about the negative impressions that were worked into the style can be said about other motives of the art. Human psychology was in the focus, and unsurprisingly, human psychology was just as messy of a matter as the art itself. Society, morals, etc. were filled with rotten norms and ideals which found their expression in these paintings and sculptures.

>why didnt they then just paint the same themes in naturalistic? It'd have been possible.
The visual style is also part of the message. Working with a merely naturalistic approach would not be able to convey the same kind of feeling, and it would be hellishly inefficent on top of being ineffective.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.