[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: Byzantium1400.png (16KB, 512x357px) Image search: [Google]
Byzantium1400.png
16KB, 512x357px
CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES
>>
>>2535661
Lasted two more generations
>>
File: prima-porta.jpg (199KB, 1280x470px) Image search: [Google]
prima-porta.jpg
199KB, 1280x470px
>I guess in the end it truly was the Roman Empire™
I can't believe those were his last words
>>
>>2535745
Who's the guy on the right?
>>
>>2535750
last roman emperor, a greek of serbian decent.
>>
File: Constantine_Palaiologos XI.jpg (407KB, 400x622px) Image search: [Google]
Constantine_Palaiologos XI.jpg
407KB, 400x622px
>>2535750
Konstantinos Palaiologos XI,last Roman Emperor, adn teh legendary "Marble King" in greek folklore

>>2535762
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palaiologos Nice meemee
>>
>>2535762
>serbian decent
kek
>>
>>2535762
>>
>>2535784
He actually was, his mum was a Serb
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helena_Draga%C5%A1
>>
File: KonstantineXI.png (229KB, 397x420px) Image search: [Google]
KonstantineXI.png
229KB, 397x420px
>>2535750
>>
>>2536387
Half his family tree was bulgarian too, yet you don't see them claiming to be roman emperors.

Oh wait...
>>
>>2536925
Such is life in the Balkans.
>>
>>2536940
Yeah our roots are connected. And very,very old... we wuz u waznt .i.
>>
The Ottomans deserved their victory through strength.
>>
>>2535784
Serbians aren't decent people
>>
I blame venice
>>
>>2537001
Just blame Serbia like normal people do.
>>
>>2537027
>American Education
>>
>>2537027
>>2537001
True patricians realize that their fate was sealed in the Battle of Manzikert.
>>
Fucking justinian over extended and his empire got ganked
>>
>>2536992
Ottomans deserve the plague and nothing else
>>
>>2536992
This. Byzzies got out-fucking-skilled.
>>
>>2536992
>>2539408

Lol, no. The Ottomans were one beylik of several that had encroached upon the region that won out more by chance than by individual merit. If they hadn't, than it would have been another one.

>>2537550

Agreed. Despite recent scholarship/memes that would have Manzikert be not as big of a deal, it and the events of its aftermath were the deathknell for the empire, removing its base of native, Christian, greek-speaking farmer soldiers. The empire then got lucky with a string of talented Komnenoi who knew how to outmaneuver with strategy and a lot of mercenaries, but never again would the empire be able to field large armies of true romans.

I often think that if they had just avoided a Manzikert for a few more decades, the empire could have lived to see the utter collapse (from overextension) of the Seljuk realm, one that never would have had the chance of streaming into anatolia, and possibly could have even taken advantage of the scattered and unorganized fallen arab state the way the crusaders eventually would.

Hell, a second, "mockery" of a scenario exists where if the Komnenoi had just shat out one more decent, not latin halfbreed emperor, then the dynasty could have avoided the fouth crusade entirely, and thus survived to the point of watching the mongols come in and rape the Sultanate of Rum, then on scooping up all the remnant beyliks. Bad luck
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.