[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Peaceful sects of Islam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (14KB, 300x168px)
images.jpg
14KB, 300x168px
Is Alevi am the most peaceful sect of Islam ever, or is it it's own religion?

Are they Christians in denial?
>>
>>2535017
The most peaceful sect of Muslims are probably Ibadis, mainly because they are isolationist and quietist. I am tempted to say Ahmadi, but they are heterodox enough in the essentials, that I do not consider them as within the fold of Islam. Alawi are even worse, but it's hard to say how much worse, because I and just about everyone else have no idea what they believe.
>>
>>2535037
Alawi are not the same as Alevi though. From what I've read the Alawi are Syrian and separate from the Alevi who are generally Turkish. Only the name is similar afaik

Met lost of them in Germany and Canada, the Alevi I mean
>>
>>2535037
all i know is that alawi believe that ali was a god in human form and they hold congregations at night in secretive way where, adopted from christianity, they drink the wine which is transubstantiated into the blood of ali
>>
>>2535058
So it's this kind of weird synchretist cult-thing?
>>
The suppression of Sufism is seen by many as one of the causes for the rise of Salafism and violent Sunni extremism by many scholars, which eventually led to the rise of Salafism, that made Islam into this colorless, fanatical rationalist dogma devoid of worldly spirituality.

>Sufism continued to remain a crucial part of daily Islamic life until the twentieth century, when its historical influence upon Islamic civilization began to be undermined by modernism[12] as well as be combated by the rise of Salafism and Wahhabism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sufism
>>
>>2535241
What has that gotta do with anything

>>2535017
Alevi are the only Muslims the west should take in desu
>>
>>2535241
Madkhalists (Salafi quietist) are pretty peaceful.
>>
>>2535228
yeah but despite its weird practices its still islam at heart and they also practice a lot of what most sunnis and shias do
>>
>>2535554
What has that gotta do with anything
because the thread title is called "peaceful sects of islam" and he's saying that when sufis were strong there was more peace
>>
>>2536227
Well colour me stupid, but afaik Sufism is not a sect. He isn't wrong though
>>
Fun fact: Most balkan converts were converted by sufi missionaries.
>>
>>2536702
Most of Balkans used to be majority Muslim in the urban areas as well till they were expelled
>>
>>2535017
What's the point of these shitty threads?
>>
>>2536585
i suppose so. it was sort of like hinduism or catholicism where each local area and regions had their own kinds of sufi orders, shrines, saints and other traditions. it was extremely diverse with the only common denominator being mystical thought
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.