[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The common man and his place in history

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: memento.jpg (117KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
memento.jpg
117KB, 500x500px
Do you consider yourself a prole? A simpleton? A pleb? Just another one of the hoi polloi?

Maybe you accept that on an exterior level you are just another member of the faceless masses, but is there something that makes you different? Something that would make those in power see you differently? What is that thing?

And when have the common men and women of history stood up against TPTB successfully (on a large scale)? When will it happen again?
>>
I'm uniquely talented and of above average intelligence, I just have bad luck and have been fucked by the system, just like everyone else.
>>
>>2534626
Russian prison tattoo book illustration detected.
>>
>>2534654
if you are getting fucked by the system like everyone else, you are likely neither unique nor talented in any notable or significant way - however you may still be above average intelligence.
>>
>>2534626

Only peaceful protest/non-resistance can work. Tptb are much too powerful to be forcefully overtaken, and besides, they are just people trying to do the right thing too.

See: MLK jr., Gandhi, Tolstoy, Jesus
>>
File: utzTCyo.png (200KB, 490x355px) Image search: [Google]
utzTCyo.png
200KB, 490x355px
>>2534671
>>
>>2534694
Are you saying those people you listed are members of TPTB or that TPTB are just people trying to do the right thing?
(I disagree with both assessments).
>>
>>2534713
not him but blatant stupidity really gets on my nerves. people listed are clearly examples he provides to substantiate the claim that only peaceful protest works, and they are peaceful protestors that hugely influenced history
>>
>>2534725
the way he worded it was confusing mane.
>>
File: 1486771351374.jpg (479KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1486771351374.jpg
479KB, 1280x960px
>>2534671
>>2534654

Western civilization fell apart in roman times because people were always looking for ways to exploit "the system" instead of contributing to it.

Parasites exist in every era, the only differences is whether they are lauded and admired; or despised.
>>
File: 1483506183686.jpg (613KB, 2008x1376px) Image search: [Google]
1483506183686.jpg
613KB, 2008x1376px
>>2534626

The faceless masses aren't faceless.
>>
>>2534626
Like most what keeps me going is the desire for a better tomorrow. The want to help create one. Unfortunately the society I live in is not one for which I wish to contribute to and help further. Life is cheap and i alone am near worthless in an existence in which all is commodified. A person such as myself doesn't really have much to lose. Only everything to gain. I enjoy feeling worthless as opposed to fearing death and or feeling some false sense of self worth. Caring about yourself makes you hesitate when you are in danger. When you put value to your life you feel something is at stake. The only thing I live for is a revolution or some chance at rebirth. A chance, an attempt for that better tomorrow today. If I die trying I have lost nothing but the damage I am able to do is revenge enough for being forced to become conscious in meaningless times. The only thing that keeps the masses from rising up in the first world is their petty luxuries that keep them content long enough to keep them harmless and distracted. A society like this cannot be sustained forever. It will fail one day, be it a hundred days from now or a hundred years.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.