[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how bad were corsets, really?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: tightlacing_lg.jpg (138KB, 616x800px) Image search: [Google]
tightlacing_lg.jpg
138KB, 616x800px
So how bad were corsets, really?
>>
you know you can still order them and try one on yourself right?
>>
>>2530760
And with that, you can also read reviews and experiences from fat women who bought them. No need for historical anecdotes or other records.
>>
>>2530760
I'd imagine modern corsets are different from historical corsets.
>>
File: IMG_2943.jpg (34KB, 224x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2943.jpg
34KB, 224x300px
they squish your internal organs into all the wrong places, leaving less room for the lungs and inhibit muscel growth. basically, they make you sicker and weaker. but nothing really dangerous and only if you wear them ridiculously tight and all the time. i think the health problems all those fainting ladies were dealing with were the sum of a lot more things than just ((wearing corsets))
>>
>>2530770
Nope, the pain and discomfort associating with them is due to its function, not due to how it was made or the material used. Forcefully squeezing down on your abdomen hurts pretty bad after a while.
>>
>>2530760
i actually have one and it's pretty comfy. you feel so upright. you'd never slouch around in a corset. the first few minutes you get kind of claustrophobic but that's untill you've adapted to the new lung capacity. then you'r fine
>>
>>2530770
they're pretty much build the same. it's just semi pliable "bones" sewn into sturdy fabric that you tighten with different systems
>>
>>2530756
>that little negro in the corner
Howling
>>
File: grand corps.jpg (72KB, 640x484px) Image search: [Google]
grand corps.jpg
72KB, 640x484px
Depends on the year as well as what type of corset it was. A corset for an aristocrat in an extremely formal court gown will be different than a corset for when she's receiving friends, or the corset for a working woman in the city.

In the 1700s, corsets/stays were supportive undergarments that were meant to provide structure for your clothing and chest. If you couldn't breathe, then you weren't wearing it right.

That's not to say that all corsets were comfortable or that all women enjoyed wearing them. When she first arrived at Versailles, Marie Antoinette continually refused to wear the French grand corps stays that dauphines were 'privileged' to wear all the time. The grand corps were much stiffer and less forgiving than the typical stays worn in her native Austrian courts or by the rest of women at the French court except for the most formal of occasions, like being presented to court for the first time. Eventually she gave in and began wearing it again because her mother and courtiers started smear campaigns that it was making her figured deformed not to wear it. After she became queen she got rid of the rule that said women of certain rank had to wear grand corps all the time, and wore "regular" stays except for formal occasions.

Some women (and men) in this era tightlaced to give themselves a smaller look for fashionable reasons, but it was not standard. The tightlacing that most people associate with corsets became more common in the 19th century, especially towards the end of the century when the waist became more exaggerated.
>>
File: Untitled.png (75KB, 276x147px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
75KB, 276x147px
>>2530812
pic related
>>
>>2530789
>you feel so upright.
this. I like to feel sustained, like an abdominal belt
>>
>>2530789
>>2530938
Are you two traps or something? Why do you even own a corset
>>
>>2530973
>le there are no women on the internet maymay

ebin my friend
>>
>>2531238
Sorry sweetie but this is a boy's club ok? Stay OUT x
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.