[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reconstruction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

My local palace burnt to the ground during American air raids in WW2.

It was a national treasure, however they are reconstructing the palace from scratch using historical methods and craftsmen.

I think its pretty fantastic to rebuild using authentic materials instead of a concrete imitation of the building with gift shops etc. It adds more meaning to the structure itself.

Ill post photos of what they've built so far. I went there. It was FANTASTIC!
>>
File: 1304_01.jpg (264KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1304_01.jpg
264KB, 720x480px
>>2530525

Here is the visible outside portion they finished. They maybe done with 1/5 of the outside
>>
File: 426a75d5.jpg (213KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
426a75d5.jpg
213KB, 1280x853px
Here is some of the work they have done in the inside. Its amazing.

You can experience how it was like when it was first ordered to be built by the ruler here.
>>
File: 393_nagoya_mado_photo_03.jpg (99KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
393_nagoya_mado_photo_03.jpg
99KB, 720x480px
Here is one of the few remaining photos of the palace inside before it was burnt down
>>
>My local palace
Damn I didn't know oriental emperors posted here.
>>
Fantastic, mate. Glad to see people taking the time do a project like this.
>>
>>2530525
Good thread!

>>2530567
Cut some slack, Jap anon aren't fluent in English
>>
>>2530525
Ohaiyo konbanwa
>>
Tell me about the flammable building materials. Why did they use them?
>>
>>2530625
Not much else to use
>>
>>2530625
I'm actually not sure. China and Korea has a history of using brick and more long lasting materials, but ALL traditional buildings here is wood lol

I think part of it might be for philosophical/cultural reasons. Impermanance of things. Japanese also have a habit of rebuilding house every 40 years even today.

Part of it might be practical reasons. Lack of natural resources, abundance of wood, frequency of buildings being destroyed in earthquakes etc
>>
>>2530625
it was part of their plan
>>
Cool!

Where is it located?
>>
>>2530534
>>2530539
the difference in art quality hurts. At least the problem isnt that evident with tapestry when they do similar projects in europe.

>>2530661
Castle of nagoya. more info wouldnt hurt
>>
File: img_01.jpg (397KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
img_01.jpg
397KB, 800x400px
>>2530752

Correct

The empty area is where the palace used to stand.
>>
File: img_1.jpg (284KB, 883x773px) Image search: [Google]
img_1.jpg
284KB, 883x773px
It will look something like this when completed
>>
>>2530644
>frequency of buildings being destroyed in earthquakes
I find this the most likely. Wood is probably much better at dealing with the stresses of an earthquake than stone.
>>
>>2530644

China ends up using more brick and such because of massive deforestation over the course of centuries, resulting from a huge pop consuming tons of wood for construction, heating, and building ships.

It's the reason why they started using coal earlier than practically everyone else: they cut down so many trees that it became worthwhile to dig up dead trees and burn them.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.