[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the FUCK do you manage an Empire of this size ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: MacedonEmpire.jpg (2MB, 1990x951px) Image search: [Google]
MacedonEmpire.jpg
2MB, 1990x951px
How the FUCK do you manage an Empire of this size ?
>>
>>2528695

You don't die at the age of 33 but live another 20 years to have an adult heir.

That alone would pretty much solve the problem entirely.
>>
>>2528705
this
>>
>>2528695
> going to the ammon-oracle

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>2527706
>>
>>2528695
You don't

Alexander's inability to just go back to Macedonia for a little vacation with his Greek troops and generals sparked huge conflict and tore the empire apart from the seems

Also if that flamboyant bastard just gave any of his wives a bit of action every now and then and produced an heir...
>>
>>2528695
Why didn't he just let the Persians govern like the Caliphates did
>>
This scene is historical kino

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4q9XwYpHtA
>>
>>2528731
he did, then a whole bunch rebelled and he had most of them removed when he returned to Babylon.
>>
I think the real question is how do you manage an Empire that large on 300BC
Ancient logistics amazes me greatly
>>
>>2528695
They can't rule shit, everything fall apart very quickly
>>
>>2528747

> a whole bunch rebelled

Not really a bunch, a few, and they were stomped by other loyalist Persians.

Persia was utterly under Hellenic hold by the time Alexander returned to Babylon.

This is perfectly immortalized by the fact that they accepted a random Greek officer as their ruler after Alexander died.
>>
>>2528729
I think he impregnated one of his 2 wives but she was murdered by the other wife out of jealousy or something. This happened after his death.
>>
>>2528729
he had an heir, problem was he was still a baby. both the baby and Alexander's retard brother were used as figure-heads for different factions
>>
>>2528695
Simple; delegation. There's a reason why the Persian Empire was largely decentralized and each satrap ruled their territory largely on their own initiative. Unless your roads are of very good quality and you have an extensive beuracracy it's simply to hard to centralize an empire of that size and concentrate power into the hands of so few people.
>>
I thought ancient empires were really just a loose confederation of provinces centered around important city states who paid tribute to a single dominant ruler/city state but otherwise continued about their regular business unmolested (for the most part)
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.