[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was he always the smartest guy in the room?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: tumblr_mxq5y29p2u1rwjpnyo2_1280.jpg (240KB, 734x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mxq5y29p2u1rwjpnyo2_1280.jpg
240KB, 734x1000px
Was he always the smartest guy in the room?
>>
no. He was able to propel the German superiority complex to new and encompassing heights. That's all
>>
I hate krauts who disagree with me, but I hate other countries even more.
>>
File: 1480783966085.png (62KB, 625x840px) Image search: [Google]
1480783966085.png
62KB, 625x840px
>>2528345
He was playing 17 dimensional chess his whole life.
>>
>>2528345
Yes, totally.
Except for all the times he met with Talleyrand, obviously.
>>
Who is that?
>>
File: Moltke the Elder.jpg (94KB, 784x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Moltke the Elder.jpg
94KB, 784x1100px
>>2528345
Not when he was in the same room with Moltke
>>
Name one thing he achieved.
>>
>>2529977
German unification and #winning?
>>
>>2529977
Helped Hitler seize power.
>>
"Nah".
>>
File: 1487854423621.jpg (75KB, 960x726px) Image search: [Google]
1487854423621.jpg
75KB, 960x726px
>>2529977
>>
>>2530127
I'd say yes in this particular case. While everybody was pushing for the annexation of Alsace-Lorraine he was the only German politician bright enough to realize it would lead to a permanent state of antagonism and that further monetary compensation should be pursued instead. If people had listened to Bismarck we might never have had WWI or at least the alliances and outcome would have been very different.
>>
File: enron.jpg (41KB, 548x255px) Image search: [Google]
enron.jpg
41KB, 548x255px
>tfw smartest guy in the room
>>
>>2530135
For this particular instance, I was more intent on japing the slightest bit than really trying to assert any of those men's dominance over the other. To hear what was then murmured about this, both men had a compelling conversation brimming with genius, and each discoursing on anecdotes about rule.

That was an entertaining post on your part though, but I would venture that why he was reneged in his ambition to cripple France more on a financial than a territorial basis wasn't particular surprising, considering that the reparations burdened on France would've almost had the country succumbing to communism, or civil unrest had they been the teeniest bit heavier. France was even only salvaged from that future by miraculously discovering new coal mines in Northern France, that compensated for those lost in Alsace-Moselle, but none could've predicted this. This was one of the only things that speedied up France's recovery, along with their now iron will to avenge themselves. So from any other German's point-of-view, to put more reparations on France would've almost doomed France for the coming decades, and Germans weren't too excited about an anarchic, or communist, or failed state bordering them. Which is Alsace-Moselle came to be seen as the more suited of the peace requirements.

Basically a long-winded post all to say that I can also see why another path was tread than the one Bismarck envisioned. Don't know if that was really needed "._.".
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.