[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How accurate is this game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 13

How accurate is this game?
>>
>>2525517
WRONG

SANDALS
>>
They got triarieyes wrong
>>
File: 140661456978.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
140661456978.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>2525517
>roman
>white
>>
The fucking Egyptians are Bronze Age New Kingdom Egyptians for some reason instead of the psuedo Hellenic army they actually were.
>>
>>2525530
go back to /int/
>>
Barely, but it's still a great game.
>>
>Gallic tribes are considered 1 faction
>Greek city-states are considered 1 faction
>3 independent Roman houses
>Colors are way too bright
>Classical Egypt when it's supposed to be Ptolemaic Egypt
>Fantasy units like burning pigs or screeching women

I suggest getting the 'Europa Barbarorum' mod which rectifies the many unhistorical issues.

EB is the most authentic and accurate antiquity simulator, it's borderline autism tier. Every unit and building has a long description, people speak in their own native language, the map is bigger and more realistic, everything is done extremely well.

There's also 'Rome Total Realism'.
RTR strikes a good balance between realism and fun gameplay.
>>
>>2525517
TRI-AR-RI-II
>>
some factions having purple flags and purple painted armor/cloth triggered me.
>>
I don`t to axe this thread but how real fire arrows are? Is leindebeiege saying they don`t exist is true?
>>
File: Medieval_II_Total_War_pc.jpg (136KB, 256x363px) Image search: [Google]
Medieval_II_Total_War_pc.jpg
136KB, 256x363px
Infinitely superior
>>
>>2525552
>burning pigs

Those are one of the few historically accurate units though.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_pig
>>
>>2525580
>H
>R
>E
>one faction
>>
>>2525552
>NEON PINK PAJAMA PARTHIANS
>>
The Greeks could rule the world... Alexander did.
>>
>>2525597
Gods.. I hate Gauls, even before they put out my father's eyes.
>>
>>2525595
Eh, could have been a good expansion.
>>
>>2525599
>>2525597
Carthage's intro is funny.

>muh crying children
>romans telling lies about us!
>>
>>2525595
>H
>R
>E
>one faction

It was one faction during M2TW start date, which is in 1080.

The HRE you speak of was formed through the early 14th century which ended in 1356 through the Golden Bull.
>>
>>2525611
>>2525595
rekt
>>
Europa Barbarorum makes RTW more realistic.
Stainless Steel makes M2TW more realistic.

They are essential mods, vanilla is shit.
>>
>>2525595

Starting out as that faction causes you to get fucked from all sides, so I'd say pretty spot on still.
>>
>>2525534

Meh. Most of the army would've still dressed in Egyptian attire ( as did the leaders themselves ) and would've, of course, consisted of Egyptian conscripts.
So not entirely inaccurate.
>>
>>2525617
Is stainless steel the one they made that you get with kingdoms? You know the one with molten stuff that falls from the gates?
>>
>>2525650
Oh wait that's retro fit , ignore this question
>>
>>2525517
/www.allempires.com/article/index.php?q=Historical_Accuracy_of_Rome_Total_War

if you're a romaboo and looking for historical authentic mod then you should try roma surrectum 3, it's the best rtw mod out there
>>
>>2525517
Not at all.

Some of the mods for it are much more accurate.
>>
File: Polska_992_-_1025.png (1MB, 2309x2279px) Image search: [Google]
Polska_992_-_1025.png
1MB, 2309x2279px
>>2525580

>mfw Poland campaign

ever wipe 6 mongol full stacks then siege their capital in a single night because you're on crusade? O man.
>>
>>2525552
>Every unit and building has a long description

That's a GROSS understatement.

Holy fuck that mod is a book with clickable buttons. I've been in like 4 battles after dozens of turns.
>>
>>2525602

>i think the children will be quiet tonight...

fucking creepy
>>
>>2525517
It literally has roman ninjas so it's 100% accurate.
>>
>>2525552

It still doesn't change what at least in my opinion is the biggest problem: Battles are way too deadly, and pursuit is easy as shit.

You look at guys like Bury's work, and most diodochi battles against each other averaged about 15-30% casualties for the losing side, and considerably less for the winning.

In EB, or really anything on the total war framework, once someone start routing, it's easy as shit to have a small force of cavalry scoop up the entire enemy force, meaning that 100% wipeouts are the norm, not the stunning and history making exceptions, which in turn makes aggression pay off too much, it's too easy to fight a big battle, completely obliterate an enemy, and take over all their holdings in a few months.

Granted, I'm not 100% sure how you'd fix it without changing overwhelming aspects of the game and probably not making it TW anymore, but it's not really realistic either, even if EB is detailed beyond belief.
>>
>>2525552
Have you tried EB 2 yet? Is it any good?
>>
>>2526502
>Granted, I'm not 100% sure how you'd fix it without changing overwhelming aspects of the game and probably not making it TW anymore

just make routed units regroup and cover eachothers' retreat
>>
>>2525517
Where can i buy neon pink parthian pajamas?
>>
>>2525595
The Holy Roman Emperor (you, the player) only starts out with a small part of the HRE's overall territory, so I'd say that's pretty accurate.

>>2525641
nah, that just means you can expand in every direction. As with the Western Roman Empire in the Barbarian Invasion expansion for Rome, the way to play it is by doing lightning strikes in every direction right at the beginning, no matter how bankrupt or overstretched that would normally leave you.
>>
>>2526511
A fighting retreat option would be rad where once a battle is considered lost, the winner can elect to pursue and the loser has to guide his army far enough away to be safe, maybe even reverse the loss if he's brilliant or if it was part of the plan all along.
>>
>>2526502
Probably for game-balancing reasons.

If we wanted 100 percent realism battles would take days of mostly pre-engagement maneuvering, and the actual melee itself would be hours of units hacking at each other with barely any casualties.
>>
>>2525517
It's just accurate enough to make you feel like an emperor while playing it but fake enough to still be fun
>>
>>2526619
No, it's just because Total War was basically a retuned RTS game like AoE with slightly less micro to facilitate locked groups and bigger battles.
>>
>>2526605

that's basically an option the player already has, you can withdraw units, some units recover after routing and wait at the back, the only problem is that they've never managed to code it on the AI properly.

HOWEVER, and i say i'm very pleased when it happens, sometimes the enemy just fucks off and retreats on it's own when it loses units it needs to win, like a raiding army of mostly cavalry besieging you with a few peasants moving their siege engines. I've also had armies leave when i harass them with artillery, killing off a few units while they fail to find a weak spot to engage me with.

Sometimes when they're fucked in numbers they'll camp at an edge of the map so when you rout them they'll get to safety quicker. I've had more luck with rational AI on Rome 2 of all things, where they really do try to screen their units through cover and use terrain.
>>
File: Nigga_e17af4_5899207.jpg (14KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
Nigga_e17af4_5899207.jpg
14KB, 300x256px
>>2525534
>shittons of phalanx units
>not pseudo hellenic
>>
>>2525517
>is it accurate?

no not really

>is it still fun

yeah. no telling how many hundreds of hours I sunk into it and Barbarian Invasion back in high school.
>>
>>2526507
It's very good, more accurate then the first one.
>>
>>2525597
>"Peace? There can be no peace! No peace with Romans! Men of stone and iron and LIES. There can be only WAR"

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>2525599
It's
>Gauls. I hate Gauls. My grandfather hated them too, even before they took his eyes out.

Damn casual
>>
>>2525517
Not at all, they have fucking ninja romans ffs

rome 2 was more accurate
>>
>>2526709
>>2526711
Look at these fools who don't understand the desert.
>>
>>2525602
>Perhaps he'll bring with him...
>AN ARMY OF ELEPHANTS
>>
>>2526731
OVER THE ALPS PERHAPS?!
>>
Those Carthaginian elephant riders...
>>
File: aom.jpg (51KB, 256x398px) Image search: [Google]
aom.jpg
51KB, 256x398px
About as accurate as this
>>
This is hysterical

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XQU8k8XVAA

btw the children will be quiet tonight = sacrifice to Baal
>>
>>2526723
ninja romans are cool tho

psh nothing personal Gaul
>>
>>2526793
>Latin edition
*teleports behind you
pshht, non odium, Galle
>>
THEEE DAAAAAAAAAY ISS OUUUUUURRSSSSSSSSSS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chPRYXS0YZI
>>
>>2526752

HE'D LOSE HALF HIS MEN FROM ATTRITION ALONE, THE OTHER HALF WOULD DESERT.
>>
>>2526830
>>2526731
>>2526752
Senators! I daresay that would be QUITE a feat.
>>
>>2526726
I bet Baal didn't even send you a vision.
>>
>>2526775

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alYzPppDnK8

this guy's remakes' are great

almost makes you want to play Rome 2
>>
>>2527132
Visions come, but they do not leave
>>
>>2527134
Is there any way to make rome 2 an actual challenge? Played it earlier today and just fucking steamrolled the Romans as the Arverni
>>
>>2527144
I haven't actually played R2, but I have played a lot of other total war games, and if you really want the game to be a challenge, autocalc all the battles, which I presume is still an option.
>>
>>2527148
Thats no fun, the whole point of the game is to fight battles. If you autocalc its just a numbers game and becomes a shitty diplomacy simulator.
>>
>>2527157
Yes, but the enormous advantage the human enjoys over the AI is the advantage in real time tactical combat, which is enormously hard to make an AI for. If you want a challenge, you'll almost certainly have to give that up.
>>
>>2527144

Divide Et Impera mod makes the game more interesting, at least. Anything but the main campaign is kinda hard, since there are more constraints, but Romans are stupid OP and you can go around with underpowered armies and slug it out with full stacks if you know how to use the to their fullest.

the upside is that recruiting actual Roman core units is hard as hell and requires you to draw your armies back or commit to culturally and economically annex a region.
>>
>>2527163
What features does that mod add? I had radiousmod but the units that were added to the game were way too historically inaccurate for me so i uninstalled
>>
>>2527148
>bring a bunch of club men vs missile cav
>play the battle
>get stomped repeatedly because you've got fucking clubs
>autocalc
>decisive victory
R2's auto calc is pretty bad, it ends up making the game easier. And that's without trying to game it, I'm sure you could come up with some real dogshit comps that will roll over any AI army.
>>
File: 2a6.png (260KB, 563x542px) Image search: [Google]
2a6.png
260KB, 563x542px
>>2527175
>Army of 20/20 eastern spearmen beat a quality 15/20 unit of Hoplites, Phallanx, Citizen cav, hippeus lancers and cretan archers
>>
>>2527173

well it's generally a realism mod, it adds more edict options, now armies can patrol regions and seas to increase public order instead of just being useless when not mobilized, there's a whole supply system where navies and armies slowly drain and suffer penalties and loses, etc
>>
>>2527144
Multiplayer. Everyone, play multiplayer.
>>
>>2527182
>abstract variables like units of 13/20 quality
>realism
>>
>>2527198
What? I meant that an army of 20 of the worst units in the game (Eastern Spearmen) will beat a balanced army of 15 quality units if you use the autocalc because it only factors in rank and numbers
>>
>>2527157
For some reason this is how I end up playing the game. The battles just arent any fun for me anymore, and I don't know why.
>>
>>2527198

20 is the limit of units you can have, each has between 40 and 120 men in it
>>
>>2527227

For me, its because either im horribly overpowered and spend more time chasing skirmishers, or i get curbstomped after defending the same town six times with the same garrison. It is very rare that i end up with a set piece, balanced battle.
>>
>>2525647
the Ptolemies were at first unwilling to use the Egyptians as soldiers because of the way that they had treated them, so it would have been mainly greeks and mercs
>>
>While battles in Rome are nothing short of spectacular, at least for its time, they lack crucial realism in terms of army size due to technical. While it is possible to have battles with over ten thousand soldiers in custom games or multiplayer mode, most battles in single player or practical multiplayer are fought with less than six thousand men. In actual history, most battles were on the magnitude of tens of thousands of men. The reduction in the amount of men has dramatic consequences on the tactics employed in battle. In Rome: Total War, phalanx units are ubiquitous across several armies. However, due to the limitations on battle size, phalanxes are less effective because they can be easily outmaneuvered and outflanked, especially with cavalry. In actual battles, the phalanx lines could be miles long – making it much more difficult to surround. As a consequence of small unit size, players often use tactics such as placing phalanx units in a tight box, something that caught on especially well with multiplayer battles.

>A second notable deviation from realism is the strength of cavalry in battles. As explained above, outflanking maneuvers are relatively easy to execute, thus already making cavalry very dangerous on the battlefield. The actual power of cavalry in combat is no less yielding, as they are capable of charging extremely well into infantry. For example, cataphract units are able to charge head in and defeat any phalanx unit other than Spartans. The strength of cavalry is also enhanced in the unit collision system. Whereas units that cluttered closely suffered combat penalty in Medieval Total War, the same is not true in Rome. Thus, it has been common for players, especially online players, to “stack” cavalry units on top and charge as a single “blob.” Due to the charge-collision system, stacked cavalry can cause extremely high kill rates on the moment of impact and is extremely difficult to defend against with anything but the best infantry.
>>
>>2526775
Why are all the Carthaginian soldiers so light-skinned?

Even the Romans shouldn't be that pale.
>>
>>2526488
Every faction except Rome starts of with -10,000 money and one 4 unit army
>>
>>2527353
>Every faction except Rome starts of with -10,000 money
This has always bothered me. How the fuck do they expect me to begin a new campaign when I'm virtually starting in the red?
>>
>>2527327
Obviously this has not to do with the game but the fact computers cannot run battles with hundreds of thousands and that would take huge micro management.

PS just git gud and cover your flanks either with infantry or cavalry and have your archers shoot their cav down. Charging from the front is a guaranteed death sentence for cav and cavalry (especially shock cav) will win in the initial engagement but if they arent recalled and left to fight on they almost always lose decisively. Covering your flanks with spears isnt hard...
>>
>>2527090

Even for the great HANNIBAL BARCA *DUN DUN DUN*
>>
VARUS
>>
File: quintilius.png (1MB, 1500x1395px) Image search: [Google]
quintilius.png
1MB, 1500x1395px
>>2527539
>>
THE SENATE EXPECTS DEFEAT, YET THE GODDESS FORTVNA FAVOURS THE BOLD
>>
>>2527421
>but the fact computers cannot run battles with hundreds of thousands and that would take huge micro management.

Try Wargame: Red Dragon if you want ball bursting levels of micro. Total war suffers from having bad AI really, you shouldn't have to micro to the level you already do, units should be capable of following rough orders but also to take their own logical choices like moving into favorable positions, tighten or face their ranks towards visible enemies, and attack enemies nearby when they're confident of not being flanked and have certain superiority.
>>
Yes, mahsta.

I will speak with them at once.
>>
>>2527539
varus
where are my legions
I need them back
please varus give back legions
what have you done with them
where are they
varus
I need my legions back
varus
please
>>
>>2525517
It's fun watching people who put Wikipedia pages with 30k-50k casualties in every single battle as reference debate whether or not a game is accurate.
>>
>>2525617
To add to that, in Rome 2, Divide et Impera seems to be the closest mod to Europa Barbarorum.
>>
Do people really have to ask this question?

Aren't the purple/green/red/blue romans and the Pajama wearing everyone else enough to convince you it's a fantasy-arcade themed to look like history?
>>
>>2528156
If you read the thread, you'd know there are mods that make it good. >>2525552
>>
>>2527847
MY LIEGE!
>>
>>2529664
*dehydrated voice*

ORDEEEEERS
>>
>>2525552
EBs soundtrack is great as well. everything feels authentic to the time period

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OihCg50glpU
>>
>>2525517
Just play EB.
>>
>>2529705
>>2529688
>>2525552
I want to say that outside of the music and superb skins EB was shit and I had to mod the FUCK out of it to make it playable. As for "historically accurate", bullshit! you know what's historically accurate? Arming your men as best you can and training them as much as you deem acceptable. Any TW game whose units you've modded to within historically plausible criteria is instantly the most historically realistic mod available because that's exactly what should/would have happened if your awesome self (the player) had been in charge.

Fuck you all.

>3 independent Roman houses
Their reasoning for doing this was actually really great from a gameplay perspective. It was meant to simulate Rome's ability to wage war and expand on various fronts at once. The AI of the game didn't permit this without rewriting and adding to its complexity and size so they just did this work-around with the system they had. It was actually quite ingenious and deserved more praise than it got.
>>
MY FAMILY, THE HOUSE OF SCIPII
>>
Rome's intros were good, but nothing beats Napoleon's.

>now they say nothing
>they fear me, like a force of nature, a dealer in thunder and death
>I say, I am Napoleon. I am Emperor.
>Burn it!
>>
>>2529724
>Any TW game whose units you've modded to within historically plausible criteria is instantly the most historically realistic mod available because that's exactly what should/would have happened if your awesome self (the player) had been in charge.
I honestly wish every TW game had this as the central game mechanic, a comprehensive unit editor.
>>
It's annoying how most people associate war elephants with Carthage when it was used decades ago by the Persians and Diadochi (Alexander's successor states).

The Indian elephants of the east were much bigger and stronger than the African ones that Carthage used.
>>
>>2527173
it's EB2: Rome edition.
It now has a working population system.

It's incredibly fun slowly hellenizing the east as the baktrians.
>>
>>2529746
>than the African ones that Carthage used
Before anyone posts with an ackchyually this here anon meant the North African elephant that the Carthaginians used not the African Elephant we all know is stronger and bigger than the Indian elephant.
>>
>>2529758
and untamed as well.
>>2529724
you aren't supposed to play it like your average total war game LegendOfTotalWar.

You are supposed to embrace the autism and let it seep into your pores.

>mfw playing as the baktrians in the east.
>start off wiith a small but sustainable amount of greeks and slowly expand south of alexandreia eschate securing the pathway into India.

>saka rauka expand and attack nearly overnight and the partians and sillykids backstab me because Rome Total war AI.

>escape into India and take taxila.

>over the course of the next hundred years slowly become more indigenous to the extent that I have abandoned the phalanx completely, the greco indian units that I have fight in a hoplite phalanx, and I have a shit ton of elefuns, longbowmen and indo iranian elite cavalry for my army that I use to great effect in driving back the horseniggers and disgusting yavanas.

It was like playing Daidochi Assimilator 2017.
>>
>>2529786
I enjoy just looking at my provinces, seeing the trade happen, taking it easy.

Every turn is like 6 months or 1 year. No need to rush.

The most satisfying thing is to learn how to properly manage an army (thanks PrinceofMacedon) using keyboard shortcuts.
>>
File: prince of macedon.jpg (70KB, 542x637px) Image search: [Google]
prince of macedon.jpg
70KB, 542x637px
>>2529816
>>
>>2529834
How did that overly sensitive little faggot get his pic taken with GoT batgirl?
>>
>>2529838
Check the image title
>>
>>2529834
I'll never understand why a Phillipino is obsessed with Alexander.
>>
>>2529834
>If you critique Alexander the Great in any way which is negative of undervalues his achievements, you will be blocked from my channel.
>t. princess of macedon
>>
>>2529834
>>2529846
Found the actual updated quote:
>1) Do not disrespect my opponents, my friends, my viewers or Alexander the Great.
>>
>>2529834
The funniest part is that he hasn't tried any campaign in any Total War, he downright refuses to try it at all.
>>
>>2525574
Lindybeige is full of shit and fire arrows are described by multiple primary sources. They were mostly used during sieges though and not specifically against enemy infantry/
>>
>>2529861
What would be the point? The AI sucks.
>>
>>2529871
Newer ones let enemy armies be controlled by human opponents.
>>
>>2529874
PoM got rekt by the AI on a CA livestream though.
>j-just like alexander, my friends.
>>
>>2529880
Post it. I want to see this faggot burn.
>>
File: valiant defeat.png (274KB, 500x467px) Image search: [Google]
valiant defeat.png
274KB, 500x467px
>>2529885
ask in /twg/
>>
>>2529857
Does he like fate/zero?
>>
>>2527173
A bunch of shit. Battles are generally slower due to stat tweaks, campaign has changes to economy/diplomacy (all under-the-hood, not noticeably different in the interface). Factions have had units added/removed and reskinned to make them more historically accurate. The two biggest/recent additions have been the supply and population system. With the supply system armies are limited to how long they can spend outside of your cities/territory before they start getting hit with attrition and desertion, but you can also manage/bolster your supply to last longer if you manage right, essentially its meant to keep you from just steamrolling the map and forces you to slow down your expansion. With the population system each city (or it might be province, been a while since I played it) actually gets a realistic number of inhabitants along with a growth rate. Each unit you recruit subtracts from the population pool, just like with earlier TW titles. The difference this time though is that the population is also split into each faction's classes, and the units draw from their respective class, so higher quality troops come from your nobles etc. Also meant to prevent you from steamrolling the map by recruiting exclusively top-tier units once you have the economy to do so.
>>
>>2529916
population is per region.
Actual recruitment is per region as well.

See: Syracuse having gastraphetes.
>>
>>2529901
D U D E
>>
>>2529921
BRO
VIDEO GAMES AND WORLD CONQUEST
>>
>>2527327
>Whereas units that cluttered closely suffered combat penalty in Medieval Total War, the same is not true in Rome.
This reviewer obviously missed the times when infantry units got so clumped together it shit individual soldiers out into the air like a pressure release.
>>
>>2529923
XDDD
>>
>>2529924
or the fact that surrounding units made all the units get tired but only the front line could effectively engage so you were doing little damage but taking all of the fatigue loss.
>>
>>2525580
>MEN, BRING OUR PEOPLE HONOUR, GLORY AND MOST OF ALL-
>>
>>2530006
>BICTORY!
>>
>>2526502
>Bury's work
What is this?
>>
File: ERE_Pepe.jpg (13KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
ERE_Pepe.jpg
13KB, 255x255px
Medieval 2 with Stainless Steel is still the best game in the series, Broken Crescent is pretty good too. Restoring the ERE has never been better.
>>
>>2526507

Its less complete than the first one, but I would say EB2 its better. EB2 is still in development. Plus, EB1 has its inaccuracies that EB2 doesn't.
>>
>>2527362

You don't start in the red, and what you do is either blitz at the start to grab territory, or you disband most of your starting troops.
>>
>>2531088
I've heard Rome 2's mechanics suck ass, specifically amphibious assaults and unit crowding.
>>
>>2531160

I have Rome 2 and its an ok game, but Attila is so much better its crazy. Attila has so much more polish and depth, its really a return to form for the series.
>>
>>2531160

Problem with amphibious assaults is that each ship uses a 'slot' in a beach. No matter how wide and accessible the beach is, ships can only land in those slots, and they can actually run out before you've unloaded all troops. Ships cant go back to sea either.
>>
>>2531160
When you're for example sieging an enemy city and you go to assault it and the enemy has ships reinforcing them you just need to station a few units on the coast and they will wait for some of the ships to come outside the city walls (half of them go into the cities port which is protected by walls and the other half attempt to flank) and those units will just chop them down one by one as they jump out of their ships, so yeah I guess it's broken but it's really the AI's fault

Unit crowding isn't that much of an issue if you know the appropriate line and depth to station each particular unit and organise them in a proper strategic formation. The only time it becomes a problem, and this is barely an issue is when you route the enemy forces and your units all break strict formation and chase the enemy

And honestly the AI isn't that bad. They will go to meet your line and the AI always makes great use of cavalry, skirmishes and archers
>>
>>2531160
>>2531256

To be fair, an amphibious assault would be a pretty fucking risky thing back then. There is a reason it was super-rare before WW2.
>>
>>2531283
It wasn't exactly common even in WW2
>>
>>2526502

> it's easy as shit to have a small force of cavalry scoop up the entire enemy force, meaning that 100% wipeouts are the norm

Well, the Boudicca's army lost a battle against the Romans and were totally destroyed, so it's not total fiction.
>>
>>2531291

No they weren't. They were mauled and then disbanded, but that's different from what you get in RTW where there's near 100% battlefield casualties. If you believe Tacitus's numbers, the Romans got about a third of the Iceni.
>>
>>2526767
What a great game
Spent hours at my grandpas house playing that son of a gun
>>
>>2531595
In Rome 2 it's very hard to wipe out an enemy force even when you have them completely surrounded and entrapped
>>
>>2531291

most of Boudicca's army wasn't an army at all
>>
>>2526502
Truth be told I think when units rout in Rome Total War (and most other total war games) their defence basically drops to 0 and they can't attack. In reality they would be both running and fighting for their lives, and if 10 cavalrymen chased 100 routing infantrymen they would probably get killed.
>>
>>2529834
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZvZ1DzBlV0
>>
>>2532996
that's always been a flaw that players have exploited to utterly crush armies when much smaller casualty rates should be the norm. at least they still fight to the death when they're surrounded
>>
File: 1421657233490.jpg (72KB, 880x880px) Image search: [Google]
1421657233490.jpg
72KB, 880x880px
>>2529834
>claimed to have never lost a battle since 2009
>only plays the total war with no stat tracking or verification
>plays all his matches under an anonymous name
>every upload he makes is coincidentally against an utter rookie
>his streak was broken when he agreed to play against another youtuber who was fucking garbage at the game
>he was forced to upload it because the other youtuber uploaded it anyway
>laughed it off with the guise of "hahaha i was just messing around" despite allegedly never losing since 2009 which if were true he'd want to fucking keep it up rather than lose a 7-year streak against a total fucking retard
>>
>>2529924
>>2529928
>>2527327
also phalanxes were quite useful (espacially against AI), one of their problems in real life was their lack of maneuverability
>>
>>2529724
I literally build my armies based on realism though, i always make sure i have a realistic cavalry/infantry ratio and I never play units that aren't historically accurate, i always have skirmishers and light infantry with my heavy infantry etc
>>
>>2525517
>Celtic
>Berserker
>Unit
>>
>>2531654
yeah, mostly because thier unit banners freakin disappear and you have to chase down individual soldiers
>>
>>2533169
Berserkers are only for Germania. Check up on your RTW knowledge bud.
>>
>>2533132
Not going to lie but i have been rekt by the AI on RTW2 more than once with pikes. When I have an army of hoplites and they approach with an army of pikes in tight formation and I dont have enough cav to maneuver around without the enemy cav on their flanks destroying mine, what the fuck can i do? The only viable option to destroy pikes in the game is to invest heavily in missile units which just get rekt by enemy cav, invest heavily in cavalry or use your infantry to strike when the enemy pike units are disorganised and not ready
>>
>>2525597
There was nothing left to conquer!

>>2525599
That's the answer...Roman steel, in a Brutii fist!

Early 2000's games were the greatest era of video games.
Thread posts: 156
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.