[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Eternal Re-occurence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: ouroboros042.gif (26KB, 711x582px) Image search: [Google]
ouroboros042.gif
26KB, 711x582px
Eternal re-occurence, truth or wankery? Local, historical, cosmilogical, relative?

Personally: all of the above. In my perspective, the law of conservation of energy and an hope of being able to do something the Right way, compels me. Et tu, /lit/?
>>
>>2524540
>law of conservation of energy
only a few rationalists have faith in this
>>
>>2524540
Even if net energy is constant, your consciousness is a function of the pattern of matter/energy locally, which will definitely not persist after your death.
The Souls is wishful thinking, enjoy your one life you know you have.
>>
>>2524540

From a personal perspective I feel like I have lived and died the same life over and over again so I don't know.

However, all it takes it one super intelligent AI turning the universe into a super computer and reversing entropy and then figuring out how to invade other dimensions.

Of course "simulation argument"
>>
judging by this thread it's definitely wankery
>>
>>2524540
Cyclical history, it happens for a reason. From the Empires in the West to the East they all observed this phenomena. Buddhism is practically all about stopping it kek
>>
>>2524540
Truly the only solution is a breeding program & a 4,000 year giant worm tyranny.
>>
>>2526335
>>2526306
>>2526306
>>2524540
The only solution is maintain the status quo long enough to design an anti-fragile system desu
>>
>>2526371
>implying this is even possible without a giant worm
>>
>>2524800
Seriously though how do you explain spoopy phenomena like the hundredth monkey experiment or when you can tell your being watched simply by people looking at you.
>>
>>2526407
Those are /x/ tier.
>>
Eternal reoccurrence seems to just be another way to create something ungodly in place of the final judgement of G-d, thereby giving them reason to love, and live a good life.
Haters will say this is untrue
>>
>>2527159
This interpretation would only be held by someone who believes in G-d, so it's not really a legitimate critique of the concept, more of a way to demonize a philosophical opponent's motives that address the heart of the issue.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.