[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Historical Anecdote thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: mega alexander.jpg (365KB, 2048x3072px) Image search: [Google]
mega alexander.jpg
365KB, 2048x3072px
>that time alexanders macedonian troops mutinied when alexander offered to send them home laden with gifts because he had been distant ever since they used their right of veto to halt the march into india and they felt like he was emotionally cheating on them with the new persian recruits and just wanted to get rid of them

>the cultural practice of carrying a bride over the threshold on her wedding day comes from the rape of the sabine women from early roman history and symbolizes the abduction and unwilling entry of those women into the roman's homes
>>
hellenistic banter between father (Antigonus) and son (Demetrius)

>Once he was told his son was ill, and went to see him. At the door he met some young beauty. Going in, he sat down by the bed and took his pulse. "The fever," said Demetrius, "has just left me." "O yes," replied the father, "I met it going out at the door."
>>
>>2522773
>>the cultural practice of carrying a bride over the threshold on her wedding day comes from the rape of the sabine women from early roman history and symbolizes the abduction and unwilling entry of those women into the roman's homes

Fucking based
>>
>>2522773
I was just reading about that thing with Alexander's troops yesterday. Why were they such oversensitive little bitches?
>>
File: cute.jpg (140KB, 764x646px) Image search: [Google]
cute.jpg
140KB, 764x646px
>>2523208
At least it all turned out fine in the end.
>>
>>2523387
>I will never get to kiss Alexander the Great
Why even live?
>>
>>2522976
There's also the thing that tripping on doorframes was seen as a poor omen, and doing so on the first trip into your husband's home would be even worse
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.