[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

where do i learn about the causes of world war 1 and all the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: sarajevo-murder.jpg (125KB, 668x497px) Image search: [Google]
sarajevo-murder.jpg
125KB, 668x497px
where do i learn about the causes of world war 1 and all the events that lead up to it from 1900-1914 instead of the details between 1914-1918

book recommendations would be nice
>>
>>2520818
>1900-1914

don't you mean 1848-1914?
>>
>>2520821
yea but no book would go that back i can hardly find ones that talk about the early 20th century
>>
>>2520818

Great pic, now post the more accurate version.
>>
>>2520906
Here you go buddy
>>
>>2522048
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>2520906
>>2522048
Didn't even get the chance to say "inb4"
>>
File: $_58[1].jpg (51KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
$_58[1].jpg
51KB, 640x480px
>>2520818
pic related is the definative work on the causes and the events that led up to WWI, though the scope is more 1878-1914 than it is 1900-1914

it is an expensive series of books though and the author assumes you know a lot already. still packed with tons of incredible information though.
>>
>>2522048
I came into this thread expecting this
Good work, boys, very good
>>
File: sleepwalkers.jpg (95KB, 948x1400px) Image search: [Google]
sleepwalkers.jpg
95KB, 948x1400px
>>2520818
>>
>>2522048
can someone give me the quick rundown on these guys?
>>
>>2523057
Is this one just as anti-German as Guns of Auhust that is commonly thrown around here?
>>
does that car have a fucking chimney / smoke stack. What in the world?
>>
This does an good job outlining the major stuff. It's far from exhaustive though
>>
>>2523083
The opposite actually in that it's revisionist to an extent (Clark's a Germanophile/German historian) while not making Germany or Austria-Hungary blameless either. It goes more into the mindset of the people running those countries: how the press thought and popular sentiment, how they thought other nations' presses thought, how they expected other states would act, etc.

Basically the idea that all of these powers got so into their own heads imaginging how everyone else would react that they pretty much pushed themselves into war. It's really less focused overall on "who" since that just leads to war guilt and finger pointing than it is on "why". Of course, this apparently gets the panties of some people in a twist who get mad any time Germany isn't made out to be a monster looking to destroy all of Europe.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.