[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I make my child believe in Santa Claus? Or would it be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

Should I make my child believe in Santa Claus? Or would it be too edgy to be "that parent"?

Is it harmless or damaging to lie to your kids this way?
>>
>>2519545
>being so much of a retard you can't even let your kids enjoy traditions
Sure, then explain about your depression to him.
>>
>>2519576
Depression
>projecting

I was brought up with Based Morozko fairytale, which I knew we're fairytales. I just wonder if lying to your kids with something they will eventually find out is bad or not. I want a discussion lads.
>>
>>2519545
>>2519607
>>2519576
The middle ground is probably to explain to your kid that Santa Claus is fiction, when your kid gets old enough to understand what fiction is and realizes cartoon characters aren't real people, which is at a really young age. Your kid can still enjoy the fiction like any other cartoon even though he knows it's fiction.

The hard part is making sure your kid doesn't become an edgelord and start making fun of other kids.
>>
MY PARENTS RAISED ME WITH THE "SANTA CLAUS" CUSTOM; I BELIEVED IN "SANTA CLAUS" UNTIL THE AGE OF TEN YEARS, ALTHOUGH, SINCE THE AGE OF EIGHT, I PERFUNCTORILY ACCEPTED THE BELIEF AS A MERE CUSTOM —I HAD LOST FAITH IN "SANTA CLAUS".

I NEVER BECAME SAD, BUT THE DISILLUSIONMENT PERMANENTLY HURT ME; I FELT BETRAYED, AND MANIPULATED, REGARDLESS, OF THE INTENTION BEHIND THE ILLUSION.

IT IS A PERVERSE CUSTOM, SINCE IT PRESUPPOSES A CONDESCENDING ATTITUDE TOWARD CHILDREN THAT DERIVES FROM A RADICAL LACK OF RESPECT; CHILDREN ARE TREATED AS NONPERSONS BY THE PARENTS PRACTICING THE "SANTA CLAUS" CUSTOM.

IF I EVER HAVE CHILDREN, WE WOULD NOT PRACTICE THE "SANTA CLAUS" CUSTOM; WE WOULD CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS AS A GROUP OF INDIVIDUALS, AND INTERCHANGE GIFTS WITH EACH OTHER, ALL FULLY AWARE OF THE MEANING OF THE HOLIDAY, WITH NO DECEPTION INVOLVED.
>>
>>2519714
>the delusionment permanently hurt me

Lol what a faggot
>>
>>2519714
Be my dad, please
>>
>>2519545
Damaging.

He will either be convinced that lying is okay, be caught while doing it because children are shit liars, be told that lying is not okay, and grow up being too honest or he will see the double standard that children are told not to lie while adults are always lying and become depressed, because he is living in an dishonest world where everyone is lying but nobody wants to admit it and even worse everyone is exploiting every weakness another might have and call them liars. He will immediately see how hypocritical this world really is and then he will begin to question it and read more books which will make him even more depressed. Then he will slowly realize that our world is hell on earth, where everyone is fighting everyone for their own advantage and that everything we have today was caused not by goodwill, but by endless amounts of blood and suffering. He will realize that humans are intrinsically bad and that power corrupts. By then he will probably be in school and have first experiences with bullying which also involves individuals who enjoy power. And finally his soul has left his body and his true self is shattered beyond repair and he lost all optimism or hope he might have had and be becomes an antisocial NEET
>>
>>2519714
yeah maybe
>>
>>2519545
Lying to kids about santa claus, the easter bunny, the tooth fairy, etc. is just a tool used by parents to get children to behave properly. In theory we shouldn't lie to kids but in practice even scientists will resort to telling their kids that Santa is judging them. It's almost like religion for kids. Most children get over the reveal pretty quickly or just figure it out on their own. Were you damaged when you found out cartoons or sesame street weren't real?

The simple fact is that it is more effective to lie to young children because they can not understand reason yet.
>>
>>2519545
Celebrating Christmas at all is plain retarded
>>
>>2519889
What if your child has a genius level IQ and by treating him like a retard he will come to believe he is a retard and waste his life?

Kids behave like we expect them too. Don't unnecessarily lower that bar.
>>
>>2519545
>All right," said Susan. "I'm not stupid. You're saying humans need... fantasies to make life bearable."
>REALLY? AS IF IT WAS SOME KIND OF PINK PILL? NO. HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE.
>"Tooth fairies? Hogfathers? Little—"
>YES. AS PRACTICE. YOU HAVE TO START OUT LEARNING TO BELIEVE THE LITTLE LIES.
>"So we can believe the big ones?"
>YES. JUSTICE. MERCY. DUTY. THAT SORT OF THING.
>"They're not the same at all!"
>YOU THINK SO? THEN TAKE THE UNIVERSE AND GRIND IT DOWN TO THE FINEST POWDER AND SIEVE IT THROUGH THE FINEST SIEVE AND THEN SHOW ME ONE ATOM OF JUSTICE, ONE MOLECULE OF MERCY. AND YET—Death waved a hand. AND YET YOU ACT AS IF THERE IS SOME IDEAL ORDER IN THE WORLD, AS IF THERE IS SOME...SOME RIGHTNESS IN THE UNIVERSE BY WHICH IT MAY BE JUDGED.
>"Yes, but people have got to believe that, or what's the point—"
>MY POINT EXACTLY.
>>
>>2519899
In the rare case that your child is a genius and has the same outlook at life as you do from birth then go ahead and treat them like an adult.

The truth is most children aren't geniuses so the bar starts at zero. There is a reason why retards are said to have a child's intelligence, it's because children are less intelligent. Most children do misbehave and sometimes need to be corrected or disciplined in order to get rid of harmful behaviors. But guess what? Children get smarter with age and one day you will be able to reason with them and they will understand why you can't play ball in the house or steal things or hit your younger brother.

Just because you treat your kids like they're stupid(because they are) in early life doesn't mean you'll treat them like that forever or that they'll grow up to be stupid.
>>
>>2519942
>steal things or hit your younger brother.
This has less to do with intelligence but with empathy IMO. Altough I tend to agree that stupid people have less empathy simple because it takes brain cells to put yourself in the shoes of another.
>>
>>2519545
Just teach him about santa clause with a nod and a wink just like everyone else does. It's a good lesson in scepticism.
>>
>>2519545
kids naturally love and trust their parents, particular the mother and trust who she chooses to trust, abuse it dont abuse it its a game see how it plays out through the system of space-time

what is morality?

depend how strong they were, if weak, they have nothing, means a lot, if strong, means nothing
>>
Just tell him that Santa is someone who comes and deliver presents that some people claim live on the North pole. Leave it ambiguous enough that he doesn't feel like a retard once he realize that there's a new Santa each year (since there's no way he would surviving delivering all those presents each year due to physics) taking up the slack from the last one.
>>
>>2519545
Tell him it's just fiction through which people express and celebrate the idea of giving and loving that the character represents. Otherwise you run the risk of raising a mouthbreather like this guy
>>2519714
Imagine your son growing up to be a dumb, useless piece of shit like this guy.
>>
>>2519545
It is Roman cult veneration.
Repent and serve the Hebrew El.
>>
Just let them believe in santa, they call always fall back on the belief in jesus afterwards.
>>
Jesus even santa is taboo these days? Fucking Christ we live in retarded times.
>>
>>2519714
Did the disillusionment also break your caps lock key
>>
>>2521341

I ONLY USED MY CAPS LOCK KEY ONCE, 3 MONTHS AGO, AND EVERYONE IS STILL COMPLAINING
>>
>>2521036
you dont know what taboo means
>>
Teach them about Saint Nicholas of Myra.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.