[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did secular judaism come about?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: secular-jewish-column.jpg (24KB, 331x220px) Image search: [Google]
secular-jewish-column.jpg
24KB, 331x220px
How did secular judaism come about?
>>
>>2519288
When Jews evolved to be too smart for organized religion.

Keep in mind a fair number of secular Jews still believe in god on the level of Deism, but merely hold the Jewish religion to be a matter of cultural tradition.
>>
When the shekel replaced YHWH
>>
Jewish IQ grew too high for traditional religion to be a binding cultural force
>>
>>2519313
From what I can tell it was manufactured by zionists. Herlz needed a way to unite people and the synagogue life had pretty much withered by then.

So he and other zionist thinkers at the time constructed a sort of pseudo-faux judaism.

They turned the rabbinic heritage on it's head and told the people of the Book that it was OKAY not to follow anything that actually makes judaism unique.

In fact, judaism at that time became a quasi-identity with no real objective qualifiers.

Secular Jews are no more Jewish than any other atheist on earth.
>>
>>2519322
So what exactly are the binding social forces of secular judaism?

>my parents told me I am jewish XD

As there others?
>>
>>2519364
The same thing as any other cultural identity. What makes people living in Ireland feel some cultural connection to American Irish? They have very little in common culturally

Jewish cultural identity isn't that strong btw and it's only decreasing as the rate of jewish to non-jewish intermarriages grow. Liberal Jews in the US are disdainful of conservative Jews in Israel and Europe, and vice-versa. The "Jewish pack mentality" is very much a thing of the past.
>>
>>2519374
>Jews are literally breeding themselves out of existence
Fucking wew
>>
>>2519374
That's a pretty decent explanation actually.

It's sort of a vestigial idnetity. You know, I just realized the American still hasn't coalesced fully yet as an identity.

Everyone is still a ________ American.
>>
>>2519385
There's no Jewish hivemind despite the /pol/ claims and most really don't care beyond the small orthodox communities.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.