[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would Muslim Europe have improved humanity in general?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: House of Wisdom in Baghdad.gif (82KB, 317x450px) Image search: [Google]
House of Wisdom in Baghdad.gif
82KB, 317x450px
Why do westerners think that the Muslims not ruling over them is a bad thing?

I, an atheist ex-muslim with alot on history and an insightful mind that's free from the corruption of nationalism, religiousness, heritage, retardation and herd-thinking. Think if the Muslims somehow (it would've taken a long time) conquered Europe, it would've propelled the world into a much faster and earlier-starting modern age.

The problem with western cucks and conservative fairy-tale tier idiots is that they think Muslims are some kind of LOTR-tier mordor orcs, and if they won and conquered Europe. The world will forever be orcs and mordor and evil and we would be Muslims forever.

But, it's only common sense that religions eventually phase out. If Europe was Islamized, Islam would've been, as every other religion and as time has shown again and again, phased out and got outdated, they would be no different today as Muslims than had they would've been as Christians. They wouldn't keep beheading people for more than a thousand years, as they aren't still crucifying people for witchcraft, Massacring Jews, launching crusades and publicly torturing 'heathens' like they used to.

Islam at the time of the Ummayads, Rashidun and the conquests was a new age of civilization and a beacon for science, research and philosophy. If they unified Europe, the cultural diversity would've skyrocketed an age of enlightenment much, much faster than it took (all the way into the late 15th century). While Europeans remained in the shit for little less than a thousand years because they were still recovering from dark ages, small populations (further trimmed by plague) and feudalistic rule and a faith that stood strongly against science and considered most of it heresy

I think if Islam actually ruled Europe, we would've reached our current state much faster (in the 1800s I guess) and we would be much more developed today.
tldr Islam conquering most of Europe would've yielded good results on the long run
>>
>>2512513
The problem with this is the Sh*a who would regress the world by five centuries with their zindiq, majoosi filth
>>
Christian Protestantism is bad. Muslim Protestantism (Wahhabism) is even worse.
>>
>>2512513
I would definitely say religious uniformity among squabbling European fiefdoms would've progressed the world as we know it atleast quicker to what it is today.
I also believe that a form of Enlightenment would eventually reach Islam, atleast starting in Europe or from Europeans studying in Arabic academia.
Just my two cent contribution of ideas.
>>
>>2512513
>it's only common sense that religions eventually phase out.
Not with Islam
>>
Europe dominated the entire globe under Christianity what proof do you have they'd do better under the yoke of goat fucking Turks and Arabs?

Fucking NONE and this thread is fucking reddit.
>>
>>2512539
Religious uniformity existed in Western Europe in tell the 1500s.
>>
>>2512513
>atheist ex muslim

wew lad. Nice going abandoning the religion of your ancestors just because you have a few mean people in it.

But in general I agree with your assesment. I am, however, curious as to how you still came to this conclusion despite rejecting islam. You recognize the societal good of religion yet, as an individual, you reject it? Seems a bit hypocritical to me.
>>
File: Sigmund Freud.jpg (876KB, 1066x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Sigmund Freud.jpg
876KB, 1066x1500px
>>2512591
I abandoned my religion for unrelated reasons, not because it has mean people on it.

The reason I do this is because I very much agree with pioneer neurologist/psychologist Sigmund Freud on what he thought of religion;
"God is an illusion based upon the infantile emotional need for a powerful, supernatural pater familias."

"once necessary to restrain man's violent nature in the early stages of civilization – in modern times, can be set aside in favor of reason and science"
>>
>>2512513

> it would've propelled the world into a much faster and earlier-starting modern age.

No, because the Islamic Golden Age would still end regardless and the conservative lunatics would still spread all over the Muslim world like they originally did in the 10th/11th and 12th century.

People like to cite the Mongol invasion, but that was just the ending stroke, the Muslims started going ISIS already in the 1030s.

So in the end, you would get Europe without the renaissance and the New Era and Europe would remain as the Middle East was until fairly recently.

Remember that the most progressive Muslim faction on Earth, the Ottomans, still banned the printing press.

Imagine the last 500 years without the fucking printing press.
>>
>>2512735
poorly informed bloke with poor knowledge on history.

I mean
>the most progressive muslim faction
>ottomans
was just the final stroke for me.
>>
>>2512513
Spaniards literally flourished once they got rid of the Islamic yoke. They found an entire new world across the ocean and colonized it, while the Muslims stank in their backwater shitholes.
>>
>>2512802
>flourished once they got rid of the Islamic yoke

can you bring an example? 800+ years later events are unrelated.

I mean, do you know the amount of Andalusian Muslim scientists that originated in Spain?

Please, I added no /pol/acks and under-informed nationalists in 'options'. If your historical knowledge is limited to repeating/parroting/echoing other statements around forums than don't write in /his/.
>>
>>2512838
Everything in my post is true. You have no arguments except muh glorious andalus civilization that exists only in the minds of butthurt muzzies.

Read The Myth of the Andalusian Paradise by Dario Fernandez Morera. The Iberia under Muslims was yet another backward shithole just like the rest of the Islamic world.
>>
>>2512513
I think it's silly to try to guess at human development based on alternative history that would change (or not change) so many variables.
>>
>>2512879
>Read The Myth of the Andalusian Paradise by Dario Fernandez Morera.
While Andalusia is in need of a more balanced and objective analysis, this book is not that at all.
>>
>>2512918
Then go read thousands of other libcuck historical fabrications if you want to jerk off over your wet dream.
>>
>>2512943
>While Andalusia is in need of a more balanced and objective analysis
>>
>>2512879
Your bias is obvious.

>Backward shithole like the rest of the Islamic world

Backward shithole like the rest of the world, only that some parts of it are less backward*.

Did this Dario ever read about people like

>Averroes
>Ibn Al Baitar
>Ibn Tufail
>Al-Qurtubi
>Ibn Zuhr
>al-Nabati

Just un-buckle your nationalistic ego and your /pol/ack ways and stop parroting bullshit and be rational, Muslims at the time were the only civilization in centuries (preceded by Romans at their height) to develop and spend resources and funds into science and gather scientists and make them work together (mainly in Dar Al-Hikma), they were open to moving forward, medieval Europe was not, and most other civilizations were either too isolated (Chinese and Japanese) or too under-developed, Muslims were culturally enriched at the time, and were open into searching, discovering and learning from different cultures and adopting their ways like how alot of Muslim scientists were the first in thousands of years to dig up and translate greek texts and bring their works back to life.

So, do you have a real argument/reason on how did Spain "flourish" after ejecting the Muslims?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.