[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was he right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: spengler.jpg (12KB, 364x550px) Image search: [Google]
spengler.jpg
12KB, 364x550px
Was he right?
>>
It sure seems that way.
>>
>>2511603
His theory about mathematics shaping a culture's world view is fascinating as fuck. It's worth reading for that section alone.

But he also paints with some really broad strokes, like "Magian" civilization, whatever the fuck that is. Plus I think he tried a little too hard to distance the modern West from Greco-Roman civilization to the point of absurdity.
>>
Not really. It's easy to whine about the supposed decline of European civilization, if you claim every event either supports your desired theory; or say at most, only stalls it.

Also he refused to either support or condemn Hitler, doubting Hitler could've turned the tide of supposed cultural decline (even though he probably wouldn't have backed anyone, in order to keep his hands clean). He was just a lifeless conservative sap who sat on the sidelines of the scary, risk-filled present, in order to indulge his fetishized version of history.

He just the product of a delusional, post-WWI mindset that swept Germany
>>
>>2511684
I was interested a little more in the part where he dealt with "Umrisse einer Morphologie der Weltgeschichte".
And of course he is a product of his time, who isn't?
>>
>>2511603
Mostly, yes.
>>
>>2511603

No. Most civilizations follow a pattern of expansion-golden age-decline-replacement, "renewal" is extremely rare and the pattern is by no means universal, plenty of cultures went straight from expansion to extinction, for instance.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.