[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

World War 1 Agression

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

Newfag here. I'm not too good on WW1 history, but I wanted to ask a question.

Why did the Allied forces blame Germany for WW1 if it was Austria-Hungary that declared war on Serbia? Was Germany more aggressive?
>>
wew, you'll get some contention with q's like that but here goes. Austria-Hungary whilst starting the war didnt really do much to piss off the major entente powers, they invaded Serbia and Italy and mugged off Russia (or tried) but by the time peace was signed they had collapsed (along with Russia so no harsh Russian treaties) meanwhile Germany had set up shop in Northern France for 4 years and were still fighting in 1918 even if it was in a reduced capacity. As Western Allies made the peace they wanted more revenge against their primary foe, also Austria's great power status was already fucked beyond repair so no point mocking them even more. Also Germans promised a blank cheque to Austria regarding Serbia which doubtless encouraged Austria as the Austrians wouldnt have taken on Serbia alone knowing that Russia would get involved. Hope this helped, its alot more complicated than it seems but tried to keep it as simple as possible.
>>
>>2510868
Anon's also correct, Anne Frank outplayed the Germans in shifting war blame in 1918 from Austria-Hungary to the German Empire, I forgot that fundamental point m'bad
>>
>>2510866
Thanks anon
>>
>>2510845
Germany is the one who elevated the conflict to the status of "World War" and are the ones who gave Austria-Hungary the go-ahead by giving them carte blanche to invade Serbia.

Without Germany giving Austria their absolute support, the conflict would have likely been contained to Russia and Serbia fighting Austria-Hungary alone, might have even led to them not declaring war on Serbia out of fear of not being able to win the war in time. Germany dragged in France, and their unprovoked and violent attack of Belgium led to the whole Commonwealth joining in as well.

Essentially, while Austria-Hungary is the main aggressor in the war, one could argue that Germany holds much more blame for everything that came after.
>>
>>2510881
Np m'lord, shits good to know, stay frosty around thots y'hear.
>>
>>2510845
>5.5 million
>>>/pol/
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.