[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello darkness my old friend...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_6663.jpg (107KB, 394x1055px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6663.jpg
107KB, 394x1055px
Hello darkness my old friend...
>>
>>2510350
RUSSIA WON WW2!!!
>>
>>2510862
>you win a war by eliminating the most enemy soldiers
You win a chess game by taking the most pawns of the other player
>>
Jesus christ. Can't believe how many soviet soldiers had to die for each German soldier.
>>
>>2510871
>1941
Keep in mind the gap between wehrmacht and red army at the time, wehrmacht was like an unstoppable machine, reds were surprised by the attack as they had no real plan how to counter it, so they were just throwing enthusiastic young men (ready to die for Motherland) at them
I heard many retarded stories of that period, like when recruits would walk miles near to the the frontline without their weapons, because they didn't want to carry the weight
>>
>>2510893
Irony intensifies when Italy did similar shit in the East as well, they transported their men to the Russian border and were like well, off you go lads and they had to walk to the front.
>>
Germany lost 130K men to take a city they would hold for only a couple years?

They truly were master strategists.
>>
>>2510901
Divert thrust towards Moscow to secure Kiev, Adolg supreme generalissimo
>>
File: Kharkovoc.png (643KB, 942x1370px) Image search: [Google]
Kharkovoc.png
643KB, 942x1370px
That time you marched into Kharkov annually and got blown out each time and only got it back because the enemy left.
>>
>>2510901
96k wounded, only 26k lost

wounded !=! permanently out of action
>>
>>2510907
'probably higher' Russia were truly a glorious mess
>>
>>2510350
>Strength: 627,000
>Losses: 700,000

Prussian occultism strikes again
>>
>>2510862
Are you suggesting they did not?
>>
>>2510920
Americans did
>>
>>2510914
OK, let me rephrase.

Germany suffered 130K casualties to take a city they would hold for a couple years. Fascinating. If only they could win battles when it actually mattered. Like Moscow, Stalingrad and Leningrad.
>>
>>2510901

Only 30,000 killed. Most wounded, many of which would recuperate and be back in the field in 6 to 12 months.

The Germans even had units that catered for sick and wounded soldiers so they could receive treatments and serve in rearguard actions. You didn't get to get discharged like the comfy US Army
>>
>>2510920
It was a pyhrric victory at best
>>
>>2510907
Holy fuck how did Russia even win in the end if it was such a shitshow for them? To think that some still insist that Rus didn't win just the throwing more soldiers
>>
File: manstein.jpg (288KB, 850x1236px) Image search: [Google]
manstein.jpg
288KB, 850x1236px
>>2510907
Reminder that Manstein was so astounded by the Third Battle of Kharkov, that he planned out the the 1943 summer offensive to be one of luring the Red Army into Kharkov like traps with the hopes of blunting the Red Army, but then Hitler remained a full general offensive.
>>
>>2510988

demanded*
>>
>>2510920
I think he's anticipating a standard reply to these types of threads.
>>
>>2510899
>Italy
They sure were germany's worst enemy
>>
>>2510967
Large country + large population + forced conscription + US supplies
>>
>>2510945
A pyhrric victory means the winner is eventually extinguished. WWII made the USSR even stronger. Losing a lot of men doesn't mean it was pyhrric.
>>
>>2510988
>Making von Manstein into an anime loli
>>
>>2510919
You mean russian occultism.
Ábout 100.000 Russians were reanimated in this battle.
>>
>>2510988
well yeah, Hitler was a moron
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.