[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im fascinated by hamburgers. When was the first one made? Have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

File: Hamburger.jpg (290KB, 1600x1159px) Image search: [Google]
Hamburger.jpg
290KB, 1600x1159px
Im fascinated by hamburgers.

When was the first one made?
Have they changed over the years?
What were they called in Roman times?
>>
>When was the first one made?
North Africa in 4000 BC

>Have they changed over the years?
No.

>What were they called in Roman times?
mvttonbvrger
>>
>>2508601

>Im fascinated by hamburgers.

>its another 'american wants to know about his culture' episode
>>
>>2508955
shut the fuck up

you probably cant even afford a fucking hamburger.
>>
>>2508611
>hamburgers are Numidian
>>
As you can see here, this carving found at Tel Zaidan in 1922 (limestone) has been dated to approximately 4100 bc and clearly depicts the Great King Ur-Shamash with his meal of choice known as "An-Mittush" or "those patties which do descend from heaven".
>>
>>2508974
we wuz big macs n shit?
>>
File: flavortown_0.jpg (206KB, 690x550px) Image search: [Google]
flavortown_0.jpg
206KB, 690x550px
Fun fact: Wendy's didn't have a bacon cheeseburger until the Gvy Fierriar invasion of 55 AD. This led to the fall of the Trojan Wall years later, and soon after the dissolution of the Soviet Union Station. No subway cars have run there since - this is why to this very day subway does not deliver hamburgers.
>>
>>2509009
10/10
>>
>>2509636
This got me right in the feels
>>
>>2509636
Well send me home and call me Buford; That is MONEY.
>>
File: judean_crab.jpg (39KB, 255x248px) Image search: [Google]
judean_crab.jpg
39KB, 255x248px
>>2509009
Let us not forget the great battle fought at the shores of Tyre where he fought the great crustacean to claim the divine knowledge of their making.
>>
As are most classic American foods, the burger is an evolution of something introduced by European immigrants, in this case Germans in the XIX century.
>>
I think the biggest recent change to the hamburger has been the fact that it has been transformed by hipsters into pub-gastronomy. Over the past 7 years I've seen a ton of gastronomic burger joints, run by a nu-male with a humanities degree pop up. I have to admit though, they make tasty burgers and they do a ton of shit to make theirs more unique than their neighbours'.
>>
File: hieroglyphic.jpg (47KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
hieroglyphic.jpg
47KB, 403x403px
>>2509967
Explain this then
>>
>>2508955
Hahahha
>>
File: 1441484324034.jpg (106KB, 846x846px) Image search: [Google]
1441484324034.jpg
106KB, 846x846px
>>2508967
How quickly the big mass of jelly we call American get's mad.
Very interresting.
>>
>>2509975

A typical ancient astronaut encounter. They might have introduced the burger, though.
>>
File: CCF.gif (3MB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
CCF.gif
3MB, 300x360px
>>2509975
>>
>>2509971
yeah, its pretty cool what they've been able to achieve with today's hamburger technology.
>>
>>2509011
kek
>>
>>2509975

Are you even a scholar?

That is the exchange between John and Jane, where Jane gives John a burger and the news that after prom they will get married.

This was later changed into Adam and Eve and some apple because some people from Big Mac want to make the meme apple = burger.

A burger a day keeps the (((doctor))) away
>>
>>2508601
The hamburger, or proto-burger had its start with the Mongols.

Due to their nomadic style, they had to figure out some ways of storing food while
on the move, so what they did was put horse meat under their saddles, add some
seasoning and this birthed the hamburger patty, though raw and yet to be sandwiched.

This patty then took transit from Russia to Germany to Hamburg, where it was thought to be a Russian delicacy,
and eventually people started to cook it, moving the steak tartare, to the hamburg steak. Also along the way, there was a shift from
minced horse meat to ground beef, mainly due to availability.

Eventually, it began transit over the ocean with sailors and immigrants (mainly Jews).
The first hamburger proper can't be precisely pointed to, with many people nationwide
claiming to have originated the idea of placing the patty in between a bun, or bread.
Claimants range from Texas, Wisconsin, and even trace back to Germany within the period of 1885 - 1904.
The burger then rose to prominence in the 1920's.
>>
>>2508955
kek
>>
>>2508601
>What were they called in Roman times?
I am triggered.
>>
>>2510080
Never ceases to amaze me how this fat fuck can dance so smoothly
>>
>>2508611
AYO HOL UP
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.