[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If poverty under freedom really better than happiness under slavery?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1441596792420.png (672KB, 584x553px) Image search: [Google]
1441596792420.png
672KB, 584x553px
If poverty under freedom really better than happiness under slavery?
>>
Are poverty and happiness mutually exclusive? If one is poor, is one really free? Can a slave be truly happy?
>>
I stipulate that poverty under freedom is the same as slavery anyway and really equates to sadness under slavery.

Versus happiness under slavery this is indeed worse.
>>
>>2506489
No
>>
>>2506489
Poverty under freedom or more poverty under slavery?
Communists are retards. Capitalism is better.
If you really want to be against capitalism, at least admit that Bakunin is 10 times better than that German Jew
>>
>>2506507
>If one is poor, is one really free?
I don't believe so, no. Especially since some individuals live solely on government handouts.
>Can a slave be truly happy?
And no, which explains much of the misery today.

But OP handed us a hypothetical, IF there were happiness under slavery, the situation is, in reality, the inverse: the antecedent is really worse than the consequent.
>>
>>2506489
You have a contradiction of terms.
You contrast freedom with slavery as opposite conditions (presumably). You also position poverty and happiness as opposite conditions (erroneously). While the conditions of freedom and slavery can be reasonably said to be mutually exclusive, the conditions of poverty and happiness are certainly not mutually exclusive. Thus your question is presented as an illogical contrasts of choice when in reality there is overlapping states of poverty and happiness in both freedom and slavery. A false, illogical dichotomy of conditions that cannot be comprehended objectively.
>>
Look at it this way: You are free to be as happy as you like under freedom but relegated to a temporary experience under slavery
>>
>>2506549
I don't think he's implying they're mutually exclusive sets. I think you're reading far too much into it.

I think that you make a good point though, money doesn't make someone happy, or does not engender happiness intrinsically. Fighting over who gets what only seems to increase pain in some ways. Or to make that a core tenet of one's philosophy seems to increase the divide. Being just and fair seems to be the appropriate remedy
>>
>>2506549
Fuck once im done with undergrad will I talk like a thesaurus memer
>>
>>2506920
No, you will only ever sound like Brad B-rad Gluckman, Malibu's Most Wanted.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.