[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What exactly was the lesson I was supposed to learn from the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: gracchi brothers.jpg (112KB, 579x527px) Image search: [Google]
gracchi brothers.jpg
112KB, 579x527px
What exactly was the lesson I was supposed to learn from the story of the Gracchi? Because to me it sounds like a cautionary tale about how politics are the realm of the elite and masses shouldn't get involved in it or everything will go to shit.
>>
>>2506043
>what lesson was I supposed to learn from these real historical events

what did he mean by this
>>
>>2506043
That poor people get mad or something idk lol
>>
Populism does not work.
>>
>>2506043
> politics are the realm of the elite and masses shouldn't get involved
But the Gracchi were the cream of the crop of Roman nobility, their grandpa was Scipio Africanus. Also
> masses shouldn't get involved
> in res fucking publica
>>
>>2506043
Populism scares the elite and in itself is a dangerous road to power. But on the flip side of that, it's also important to read the political scene and know when reforms are needed.
>>
>>2506043
Killing the gracchi, though it delayed the reforms. Opened the door for Julius Caesar, to later use the laws on the books. For his own populist attempt at land reform. The elite killing him, ended the republic. I suppose the lesson is, things change, you can resist for a time, but eventually you will be steamrolled.
>>
File: icon00000000018.jpg (17KB, 307x409px) Image search: [Google]
icon00000000018.jpg
17KB, 307x409px
>>2506043
> What exactly was the lesson I was supposed to learn from the story of the Gracchi?
If you're doing a revolution, start with violence and legitimize latter.
>>
>>2506043
>hat exactly was the lesson I was supposed to learn from the story of the Gracchi? Because to me it sounds like a cautionary tale about how politics are the realm of the elite and masses shouldn't get involved in it or everything will go to sh
Or when you call the bluff on the elites that the system is unjust and self serving, and there is no good reason it should be so people will hate you. Evil people cannot stand the presence of good people. Nothing is worse than someone who rejects your values.
>>
>>2506235
This. I love the Gracchi as much as the next SPQRaboo, but they definitely made some missteps in playing with forces they couldn't fully contain.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.