[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about the history of Australian Aborigines. What they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Tell me about the history of Australian Aborigines. What they were doing before the Brits dumped a bunch of criminals there?
>>
That dude looks fucking spooky.
>>
>>2505570
huffing petrol and tricking the gods into getting welfare
>>
>>2505570
Chilling out with stone tools and making stick-tap mumble music I guess.
>>
Inventing the stick
>>
>>2505570
You do realize that there are a lot of different aboriginal Australians, right?
Or do you only know about /pol/ memes, which will inevitably ruin this thread and already have
>>
>>2505570
Who the fuck knows? They weren't sophisticated enough to keep any sort of records.
>>
>>2505618

Go on tell us more then.
>>
>>2505570
They were busy being free.
>>
Farming eels, making bread out of nuts, trading with Indonesians, painting, making maps using songs and dances, etc.

I know more than most about Abos but still not a lot in the grand scheme of things. You'd be better consulting literature than anyone on /his/ I'd say.
>>
>>2505638
was the huffing of oil or distilled/fermented liquids already common among them ?
>>
>>2505650
Yes, here's an interesting article about it

https://m.phys.org/news/2016-10-revealing-science-aboriginal-fermentation.html

tl;dr they did have alcoholic beverages but they were extremely weak, less alcoholic than beer
>>
>yfw aboriginals lost knowledge of the bow and arrow
>>
>>2505700
The thing about invention and technological advancement in general is that society develops according to need, not to want.

Remember that all things considered Australia has pretty funky wildlife compared to the rest of the world. There isn't really anything on the continent that would've been easier to hunt with a bow and arrow than a boomerang or a spear and woomera.
>>
>>2505712
ew...
why do you always post using that picture and name.
>>
>>2505709
How is a roo, wombat or bird not easier to hit with a bow and arrow than a memerang?
>>
>>2505570
Not much. A bit of warfare here and there.
>>
>>2505762
>kangaroos and birds
They have long limbs and are incredibly fast. Even Colonial Europeans sometimes opted to use boomerangs when hunting kangaroos and emus.

As for flying birds, returning boomerangs make it pretty easy. Just lob it at a flock of them and you're guaranteed to hit at least one.
>wombats
Slow moving and large, easy to hit one with a thrown spear.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.