[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's so bad about acquiring knowledge?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: peche_originel.jpg (103KB, 450x624px) Image search: [Google]
peche_originel.jpg
103KB, 450x624px
What's so bad about acquiring knowledge?
>>
It brings misery.

Ignorance is bliss for a reason.
>>
>>2504834
Because it's clearly about having sex not knowledge. You don't hide your dick when you learn shit.
>>
>>2504838
>Because it's clearly about having sex
It's not.
>>
>>2504844
How bout you read it friend :)
or just believe what you want but know that you are wrong.
>>
>>2504834
Knowledge is the same force but opposed as direction to love.

Love unites
Knowledge breaks

Neither is good or bad. One is cold one is warm.

Also >>2504837
As a censored, finite unit of being, humans can access high levels of knowledge (abstracted) and begin feeling "misery" because as the sphere of knowledge grows, so does the area of contact with the unknown.

Human nature is a cursed blessing.
>>
>>2504862
>>2504838
How about you keep more to yourself with your literal-based autism?
>>
>>2504862
I've read it. Not one verse of the Genesis implies they were kicked out because they had sex.
>>
>>2504890
Ok answer this. How its make sense that they covered their dicks because of knowledge? It is clearly refering to the act of sex not the act of learning. Why would they cover their dicks?
>>
File: image.jpg (84KB, 503x532px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84KB, 503x532px
>>2504834
But we can be gods. And that is bad :(
>>
>>2504834
You can't be controlled if you know too much.
>>
>>2504895
No. It refers to the fact that before "eating" from the "fruit" of knowledge of good and bad, they became aware of their own nakedness. This is actually how the verses put it.

My interpretation is that this signifies the fact that their new ontological state now makes them feel shame for being naked - a thing of which they were even aware before the transgression.

You can interpret Genesis either literal or metaphorical - or in between - but neither is "true". It's speculative.

But please be aware of the way the Fall of Man was invoked and modified as a justification to suppress sexuality in abrahamic societies. I'm not saying that was good or bad, (it may have been necessary for societal cohesion) but just take this into view.
>>
>>2504919
after eating*
>>
>>2504919
To become aware is to know
and to know is to sex
and to sex is to cover their dicks
>>
File: chick.jpg (21KB, 400x205px) Image search: [Google]
chick.jpg
21KB, 400x205px
>>2504834
>>2504897
>>
File: buddha.jpg (40KB, 396x594px) Image search: [Google]
buddha.jpg
40KB, 396x594px
>>2504897
The problem isn't becoming gods, but rather transcending it.

The gods fear what they themselves do not understand.
>>
>>2504959
She speaks the truth though. There is no right or wrong. Just winners and losers, the dominate and the subordinate, what works and what doesnt. Its the eternal theme permiating reality. Morality is ultimately another form of control in the end too, except its just an artifice it will vanish along with humanity one day.
>>
Nothing. Satan did humanity a favour.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.