[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do Ausfags celebrate the time they got their shit pushed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6621.jpg (26KB, 259x311px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6621.jpg
26KB, 259x311px
Why do Ausfags celebrate the time they got their shit pushed in so hard?
>>
>>2503983

Because for a brief moment, they were relevant on the world stage. A little bit, anyway. What else are people going to talk about Austrialia about? The Emu war? The rabbit genocide?
>>
There's a difference between commemoration and celebration my autistic friend
>>
>>2504087
this
I can, as an Australian, go to Gallipoli and look at the exact spot the first time someone fought and died for my nation.
The first world war was barely a decade after our Federation. Before Gallipoli we were Victorians, Queenslanders, Tasmanians, Western Australians ect. and after we were all Australians after fighting and dying together. It created, or rather exposed, the Australian character of mateship, courage, and the digger.

We celebrate the courage of those who fought and commemorate the battle.
>>
>>2503983
It was a battle that occurred during our infancy as a nation, In that sweet zone when we were not quite a colony anymore, and not yet an independent nation but doing things somewhat by ourselves
>>
To give an entirely non-meme answer:

We could celebrate hard won victories on the western front, but historically at least, we hated "big-noting" - boasting, so a tragic failure is more worthy of remembrance, and also represents the perceived pointlessness of the war in general.
>>
>>2504439
Sorry for all the commas and big run-on sentence, been hitting the piss down the pub
>>
>>2503983
>australians celebrate gallipoli
we don't celebrate it we commemorate it
t. aussie
>>
Damn, time to listen to the pogues song about it.
https://youtu.be/cZqN1glz4JY
I'm sad now :(
>>
>>2504378
>He fell for these memes

The whole mess was orchestrated so fools like you would actually think that. People should have been angry at the Australian Government for its stupidity, instead it was a "Learning experience XD"

If anything the Gallipoli disaster should have convinced British Australians that Federation was a mistake.
>>
>>2504378
>the first time someone fought and died for my nation.

You're forgetting the Boer War, the real first time Australians fought and died for British Imperialism masquerading as national duty.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.